PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will you go to a Patriots game before a vaccine is generally available?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will you go to a Patriots game before a vaccine is generally available?

• Yes

Votes: 32 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • Ray Lewis Killed a Guy

Votes: 20 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

raduray

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Feel free to expand on your vote. Per SC ruling, no mail in votes allowed.

Yes, because I dont get flu shots anyway.

More than likely going to the KC game.

Still only been to one game (2009 vs CAR). I'm guessing, for both football and non-football reasons, this is not the year for me to change that.

Would love to snag a ticket to 2021 vs TBxTB though, even if it's $1000 for nosebleeds.

No, just because we moved out of the Northeast to Jax.

But I might drive down to see a game in Tampa. No reason. :)

Probably not, but that's only because of the ridiculous costs associated with people coming in from out-of-state. I've spent well over $1,500 each year I've come up for a game between flight, board, food, drink, tickets, tailgating, etc. I haven't been up for a game in two years and that probably won't change now that there's a good chance that the team will be mediocre this year. There's a better seat on my couch and the bourbon and cokes/gingers/on the rocks are a fraction of the cost.

No, just because we moved out of the Northeast to Jax.

But I might drive down to see a game in Tampa. No reason. :)

I actually might do that myself in 2021, if that's really Brady's final season. That stadium is a dump, though, and it's one of the biggest nightmares to get out of since it's completely surrounded by residential neighborhoods with no parking.

No. One thing this self-isolation has taught me is that I do quite well apart from dense social gatherings and maybe even prefer this. But I have this sense that if medicines have been approved to help with Covid-19, none wd be available in my neck of the woods, or wd only reach me at too late a stage, so I will be wearing a mask & avoiding crowds till the vaccine arrives. (and i don't think the testing & quarantining will ever get serious enough to allow me to relax my guard)

no. I don't see me at any big crowd events in the very near future without a vaccine. Dig out the fishing rod and the hunting gear.

Going in a stadium theatre cinema but also restaurant...if i hv to reply now...

No, sorry...

Let s see in some months...

This horrible disease has changed everything. I don’t think it’s going anywhere, I’m not sure if it’ll ever leave. That being said, I’m no scientist, but I’m guessing that in the near future, the vaccine will be integrated with the common flu shot. Meaning it’ll be a flu vaccine that covers both. I haven’t had a flu vaccine in 15 years, I’m not an anti vaccine person, it’s just that I haven’t had a bad flu since 2009. Been lucky I guess.

You know damned well I’ll be getting a flu shot once the Corona version is available.

I am a season ticket holder

No, but only because I live in CA. The virus wouldn't change anything for me.

You do realize there may never be a vaccine, right?

Not scared of this virus especially by next Frikkin fall. It's going away like all the other ones.

When will politicians say..

Instead of . " if one person can die because we open the stadium ... Then we cannot take that risk.."

How about .. " if normal amounts of people have problems from viruses like last year, then we will open the stadium"

"Also if you have symptoms, or weak lungs, obese, on meds, .Stay TF home. ". Or if you don't care ENJOY!!!

You do realize there may never be a vaccine, right?
I think there will be. Scientists will figure it out. Canadian scientists have already isolated the virus, meaning they can figure out how to make a vaccine for it.

Saw a funny twitter post (we need some humor in the world), someone said, to paraphrase, 36 hours after the NHL suspended play, Canadian scientists isolated the virus. Don’t mess with hockey.

Not scared of this virus especially by next Frikkin fall. It's going away like all the other ones.

When will politicians say..

Instead of . " if one person can die because we open the stadium ... Then we cannot take that risk.."

How about .. " if normal amounts of people have problems from viruses like last year, then we will open the stadium"

"Also if you have symptoms, or weak lungs, obese, on meds, .Stay TF home. ". Or if you don't care ENJOY!!!

The problem with the last sentence is the majority of the US population has a pre-existing condition that makes coronavirus dangerous to them, whether it be obesity (which covers 40% of adults by itself), diabetes, heart conditions, asthma, COPD, being 60+, etc. Having vulnerable people isolate while everyone else goes about their lives as normal sounds like a reasonable compromise in theory, but in practice the numbers don't really work out.

Personally, I'm pretty sure I already had it, so I'll follow local (Los Angeles) regulations on what I can and cannot safely attend. Once they state that it's safe to hold an NFL-sized event in a stadium, sure, I'll go. If I wasn't pretty sure I'd already had it that would be a different story though, hate the idea of being a transmission vector.

Priced out.

Tickets wont reflect the product were likely to get either.

We've reached the bubble

Priced out.

Tickets wont reflect the product were likely to get either.

We've reached the bubble

Yeah, if you care at all about getting bang for your buck, 2020 is probably the year not to go see the Pats at Gillette. That would have been the case even if coronavirus never existed. Tickets are going to cost the same or just slightly less compared to the Brady era, except there's no Brady to see.

I actually might do that myself in 2021, if that's really Brady's final season. That stadium is a dump, though, and it's one of the biggest nightmares to get out of since it's completely surrounded by residential neighborhoods with no parking.

I was planning on going to the Super Bowl there next year on a same day flight but obviously not anymore. The stadium is really close to the airport so you can get in and out quickly.

The problem with the last sentence is the majority of the US population has a pre-existing condition that makes coronavirus dangerous to them, whether it be obesity (which covers 40% of adults by itself), diabetes, heart conditions, asthma, COPD, being 60+, etc. Having vulnerable people isolate while everyone else goes about their lives as normal sounds like a reasonable compromise in theory, but in practice the numbers don't really work out.

Personally, I'm pretty sure I already had it, so I'll follow local (Los Angeles) regulations on what I can and cannot safely attend. Once they state that it's safe to hold an NFL-sized event in a stadium, sure, I'll go. If I wasn't pretty sure I'd already had it that would be a different story though, hate the idea of being a transmission vector.

Which numbers are you referring to..?

Transmission vectors happened last year. Virus dies off in summer . By fall it should be micro tiny risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back