PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Garoppolo still be a Patriot when the draft ends?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Garoppolo still be a Patriot when the draft ends?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He loves the sport and the competition, sure. But the competition drives him to rings. He's admitted as much multiple times throughout his career. The dude still has a chip on his shoulder and is motivated by being the GOAT. One more essentially puts the record out of range. The theory is a sound one.

Again based on everything you could read about Brady I don't see him stopping to play before physical decline makes him. Completely independent on how many rings he wins in the mean time. But, whatever, I am just reading tea leaves based on what he is saying so who knows. Moving on.

Hoyer fits the style of offense better. Cutler might be more talented but if your strengths don't align with what the coach wants to do.. well you get the picture..

I agree.

Cutler is a menace.

I would LOVE to know what the Patriots' planned end game is here.

I think they plan to Franchise him next season.
If you would ever do the unthinkable and trade Tom it would have to be San Fran.

Keep him for this year. If Brady's game is still tops, franchise him and try to trade him next year. If Brady is injured or declines, the Garoppolo era begins. Belichick is hedging his bets and playing things close to the chest knowing full well that, at age 40, we can see a steep decline in Brady at any minute.

Insane!!! Is brady playing his last year this coming season? Wtf. I wish i knew what's the plan. Does bill think brady will decline

Keep him for this year. If Brady's game is still tops, franchise him and try to trade him next year. If Brady is injured or declines, the Garoppolo era begins. Belichick is hedging his bets and playing things close to the chest knowing full well that, at age 40, we can see a steep decline in Brady at any minute.
Probably is as simple as that. Even though a Franchised JG would have his value cut, say, in half, we'd still get something good for him while keeping our options open in the meantime.

It's a big gamble because i am confident that brady will have a tremendous season this year then what? Jimmy G"s value won't be any higher

My best guess:

Brady 2017 starter
Brady 2018 starter/Jimmy G franchised
Jimmy G 2019 starter

Teams are going to want 20/21 year old Sam Darnold & Josh Rosen over paying Jimmy G 22+ million a year right off the bat on a franchise tag. Those two should be the best QB prospects in years.

If Tom wins ring 6 maybe he retires. If he's still an elite QB entering age 42 in 2019 then I could see a peaceful breakup and Brady playing 2-3 years somewhere else.

I don't think this story ends with Jimmy G traded.

Probably is as simple as that. Even though a Franchised JG would have his value cut, say, in half, we'd still get something good for him while keeping our options open in the meantime.

We may see tonight what a franchised quarterback is worth.

Presumably, the Browns are considering JG, Mccarran and Cousins.

Of course, they could simply keep Osweiller for a year (or trade during camp), not unreasonable IMHO. After all, the patriots might be more willing to deal if Brissett is looking good.

Then they get whatever they can for him then. The team, as it's currently constructed, has very little room for a first rounder aside from and interior OL and this draft is weak there.

I expect nobody to complain when the Patriots use a first round pick on a backup QB in 2019.

I expect nobody to complain when the Patriots use a first round pick on a backup QB in 2019.

We'll see what happens in 2019. In 2017, there are very few spots that a 1st round pick can come in and contribute at. Those spots either are deep enough to find talent in the third (as in the DL) or aren't talented enough to make getting into the first round worth it (OL).

My best guess:

Brady 2017 starter
Brady 2018 starter/Jimmy G franchised
Jimmy G 2019 starter

Teams are going to want 20/21 year old Sam Darnold & Josh Rosen over paying Jimmy G 22+ million a year right off the bat on a franchise tag. Those two should be the best QB prospects in years.

If Tom wins ring 6 maybe he retires. If he's still an elite QB entering age 42 in 2019 then I could see a peaceful breakup and Brady playing 2-3 years somewhere else.

I don't think this story ends with Jimmy G traded.

Most likely JG is the starter 2018 but 2019 is possible. Unless the Patriots trade him tonight for a 2nd rounder and a 1st rounder next year.. but I don't see that happening.

Obviously they could franchise and trade JG next year but that seems dumb.. not only are you getting less back but Brady would be 41 years old.

It's a big gamble because i am confident that brady will have a tremendous season this year then what? Jimmy G"s value won't be any higher

So what ? You get your insurance for free or do you actually have to pay for it ?

;)Will Garoppolo still be a Patriot when the draft ends?

Yes (BOLD PREDICTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back