PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Belichick call Tom to congratulate him tonight or tomorrow?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Belichick call Tom to congratulate him tonight or tomorrow?

• Yes

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 21 45.7%

• Total voters
You're reaching on that one.
johnny foxboro plays for another team... last year of his deal... we all cried foul about revis etc... just dont give goodell any ammunition because know he will dock us

Technically BB can't call Brady without the Bucs permission, that would cost the Pats another first rd pick.

Tom going to be wearing a wire when Bill calls. Going to get the picks taken away Bill was going to waste on bad cornerbacks.

Bill on phone: Tom, I was wrong to denigrate the TB12 system and your trainer Guerrero who obviously knows what he is doing. What say we throw out the dinosaur training system we have now, move in TB12 inc. and you come home to Foxboro as we need you and we believe you will play to 50 years old. We need a QB Tom and you proved it to us you know how to stay healthy and win. We were wrong. please come back!
I don’t know. I think if Brady maxed out on bench more, he’d be a better quarterback.

Yes...i am sure

I doubt it. If he's ever asked about it he'll say something to the effect that he doesn't have Brady's number and he's not on face snap or instaface either.

I get all the reasons why Brady left New England, the cap issues, lack of weapons, Patriots not wanting to commit long term to a 43 yr old etc etc...

but still a part of me wants to walk up to Belichick, smack him on the side of the head and say "what the hell were you thinking?"

I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way this morning.

Brilliant take. Shocking.
One New England assistant said the general feeling among staff members around that time wasn’t that Belichick’s system could make Super Bowl quarterbacks out of all 32 NFL starters. “But if you gave us any of the top 15, we could do it,” the assistant said. “I don’t think the coaches view Tom as special as everyone else in football does. Mr. Kraft thinks Tom is the greatest gift ever, but the coaches don’t.”

Bill can be heard muttering..."58% playoff passer....BFD. And Tampa is overpaying Gronk.....How stupid are they?"

What about using the on field sideline phone? oh wait its broken
Technically, its not really broken... but it only picks up the DD drive thru these days

Because Tom didn’t want to come back. He already put his house up for sale and was planning to leave.
The house went up for sale because he kept getting 1 year incentive contracts. He knew Bill didn’t want him. The bottom line is if Bill had offered Tom a multi year deal which is what Tom wanted (and deserved), Tom Brady would still be a Patriot. He got ****ed around by Bill, plain and simple, and now Bill looks like a fool for chasing him out of town.

The house went up for sale because he kept getting 1 year incentive contracts. He knew Bill didn’t want him. The bottom line is if Bill had offered Tom a multi year deal which is what Tom wanted (and deserved), Tom Brady would still be a Patriot. He got ****ed around by Bill, plain and simple, and now Bill looks like a fool for chasing him out of town.
I don't know if people are using this nonsense to help them feel better about Brady leaving or if they truly believe it but Bill made it evident over the last few years he was ready to move on. He shoved Brady out the door and even worse he shoved him out the door with no backup plan.

Bill can be heard muttering..."58% playoff passer....BFD. And Tampa is overpaying Gronk.....How stupid are they?"
How was his Super Bowl passer rating though?

Bill will contact Tom, Gronk, and Bruce in some way and be very kind and generous in his congrats. I would be shocked if it didn't go that way.

Bill is not going to call. He is focused on what goes on in Foxboro, coaching the New England Patriots. Tom is just another quarterback in the league. His stubbornness in his ways keeps him focused and makes him great while it limits him in his ability to be flexible enough to accommodate Tom. Tom is just another player that used to be here, IMO, in Bill's eyes.

Bill brainstorming with GM Nike last night during the 1st half..."I bet we could KC's punter real cheap right now"

Bill needs to wake up and get the pats back on track, Tom winning a SB in this fashion is his worst nightmare.

One New England assistant said the general feeling among staff members around that time wasn’t that Belichick’s system could make Super Bowl quarterbacks out of all 32 NFL starters. “But if you gave us any of the top 15, we could do it,” the assistant said. “I don’t think the coaches view Tom as special as everyone else in football does. Mr. Kraft thinks Tom is the greatest gift ever, but the coaches don’t.”
I remember McDaniels said something like that when he got the head coaching job in Denver. Then he tried to prove it by drafting Tebow and . . .

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back