PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wide Receivers depth chart

Brady read that and did this:rolleyes: never game me Five good WR's.:rofl:

Roll Eyes Mack GIF by Ros na Rún
God you are f ukking stupid

Turned down ALL trade offers? Time will tell. If I’m a Pats receiver and I hear offers were turned down…I’m feeling good. “The team wants me”…that’s motivation for me.
unless you're the #4 or #5 WR and would hope to be the #2 or #3 elsewhere. Myers can't be very happy.

He will be given little opportunity to show that he could be a #2 or #3 for another team in 2023.

unless you're the #4 or #5 WR and would hope to be the #2 or #3 elsewhere. Myers can't be very happy.
I don’t know what he is thinking or where on the depth chart BB has him. I think he should be starting at X as I’ve said before.

Turned down ALL trade offers? Time will tell. If I’m a Pats receiver and I hear offers were turned down…I’m feeling good. “The team wants me”…that’s motivation for me.

Or it means that they know that both Wilkerson & Thornton are out of action for the long haul and can't afford any more losses... or they'll become Buyers themselves...

It would be kind of idiotic to trade any of the WR's when you're playing in a passing league.

Or it means that they know that both Wilkerson & Thornton are out of action for the long haul and can't afford any more losses... or they'll become Buyers themselves...

Nice job reading there, Capt. the offers were turned down PRIOR to Thornton or Wilkerson getting hurt. But why bother with facts..

I think going into this season BB had a plan to load up on receivers, use the new 8 return designations from IR, and thereby have fresh horses gate to gate. He didn't know Thornton and Wilkerson would be injured, he just knew somebody would (or else... hey, you always have to part ways with some of them.)

Long season + 8 IR return designations over the course of the season + BB wide receiver binge = lots of keepers, is one guess.

Or, we're going to massacre receivers like red shirts on Star Trek TOS who knows.

I really hope Wilkerson gets to play for the Pats this season. I think he's ready to make a big jump, if healthy (see 1st preseason game). Having N'Keal play over him for 3 of the last 4 games last year was asinine. It's not like we're playing MMQB here - we collectively knew at the time that it was a terrible decision. Thinking abt that 2nd Bills game for example: Mackenzie replacing Beasley, getting faster, and N'Keal (with the most snaps non OL/QB) replacing Agholor, getting slower.

Tre Nixon really have some wiggle in his steps you can see it in his routes.

At some point we put Thornton on the reversible ir, do we sign Nixon, Humphrey or another team’s cut wr to take thorton’s place?

This might be the first season since '94 that we don't have a legit slot guy on the WR corp. And I mean the quintessential NE slot, from Troy Brown to Welker to Edelman. Montgomery could end up that this year, but seems he may start on IR.

At some point we put Thornton on the reversible ir, do we sign Nixon, Humphrey or another team’s cut wr to take thorton’s place?
It sure looks like the plan is to roll with the four WRs on the active roster, which is probably fine for the first month.

Given that they’ll want the scout team to be able to go three wide but don’t want to pull one of the top four for scout team work, I think we’ll see three PS WRs added tomorrow. I’ll be greedy and hope that’s Humphrey, Nixon, and an addition who is an upgrade over Hammond.

Tre Nixon really have some wiggle in his steps you can see it in his routes.
The most important trait is to catch the ball. Nixon didn't catch the ones that hit his hands.

This might be the first season since '94 that we don't have a legit slot guy on the WR corp. And I mean the quintessential NE slot, from Troy Brown to Welker to Edelman. Montgomery could end up that this year, but seems he may start on IR.
Who was it last year?

The most important trait is to catch the ball. Nixon didn't catch the ones that hit his hands.

I love Nixon for no other reason than multiple people have said that no-one outworks Tre. Having said that, maybe he does not have to catch those balls (those were tough), but he has to be a lot more competitive in those situations. Looked like he was grasping at straws, swatting flies.

He will be given little opportunity to show that he could be a #2 or #3 for another team in 2023.
He may be 2 or 3 here this year.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back