PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why was this the worst Super Bowl ever? Because the Patriots won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stat that stings for me is that Brady is 0-4in his last 4 playoff games against the mannings.

Honestly the Tomase fake news ruined that weekend for me. And after we lost the gloating from the national media with respect to that fake news was over the top and hard to stomach.

I distinctly recall Bob Costas asking Goodell softball questions that weekend about Spygate. And this week Costas articles were all about how the NFL succeeded in muzzling him by pressuring NBC. Yet, when he asked Goodell about filming the signals from the stands with a smartphone or handheld camera, Goodell answered: "But this wasn't in the stands, it was right on the field!" Costas didn't bother to follow up with the obvious question: "What difference does that make?"

The one frustration for me was we made zero adjustments...zero. like clearly NY had a great gameplan and nothing was really working offensively and BB adjusted nothing. Dont really get it.

A great unknown is if Belichick would have managed the game differently if he had a normal Saturday instead of spending several hours that day answering questions about a walkthrough taping that never happened.

The Asante Samuel INT chance was EXACTLY the same level of difficulty as the Gilmore INT...
No it wasn't.
...They went for it on 4th & 13 because: A) Gost said he couldn't kick it B) Defense was playing well and they figured points on that drive weren't a must. But I'm just guessing.
Did Gostkowski really say that he couldn't make a 49-yard FG?

No it wasn't.

I am guessing as to why they went for it. Maybe they figured they would automatically convert it because they were the mighty Patriots. Who knows.

I am guessing as to why they went for it. Maybe they figured they would automatically convert it because they were the mighty Patriots. Who knows.
I wonder if Bill's decision not to attempt the FG was partly based on what happened after the Pats scored a TD to start the 2nd quarter, when Gostkowski shanked the kick-off out of bounds to give the Vagiants excellent starting filed position.

One more frustrating factoid: during the failed 4th/13, The Receiver was WIDE open in the right flat and would've EASILY made the first down and then some...provided he caught the football, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back