PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Not Us?

12-5 is very possible but I see a 1 loss to the Jills and another loss somewhere. Hope i'm wrong.
That would be bad if it's not the Titans. Because the Jags, Falcons of the world should not be beating this team going forward. Unless Mac simply refresses or has a clunker, which is possible. But this team simply needs to be consistent in their play and they should do well. 12-5 with a split with the Bills very well could be the Division and the 2 seed based on current Conf & Div records. 3rd seed at a minimum.

Sorta unfortunate the Titans have managed to win these last 3 games and yesterday with the refs help. That Roughing call was awful.

Was it not clear this is my opinion? I stated that Tannehill is the reason I think Tennessee is a pretender. Otherwise, besides the Titans, the AFC Championship odds have Buffalo, Kansas City, and Baltimore. They've also been the most successful teams overall since 2019. And they all currently lead their divisions.

Not sure where the disagreement here is that these three teams are the AFC favorites other than the more disputed Tennessee. Unless you're saying the Patriots aren't just "outside shot" material. I think I'm ranking the Patriots pretty darn well, though, as I think they're more likely to win it than Tennessee.
No real disagreement here, just trying to understand what factors make those three top teams clearly superior to the Pats. Your response helps clarify that you’re accepting the conventional wisdom based on consensus perceptions Including how they in years past.

My motivation was because I was surprised considering the Chiefs and Ravens have underperformed recently and wondered if they have shown flaws. That led me to question what are their strengths that make them more highly regarded. Are they more talented? More consistent? Better coached? Or is popular consensus judging them by looking in the rear-view mirror?

IF they pull off as unlikely a run to the title as there has been in the league in a long time...for me SB36 will never be replaced as my favorite but I think this one probably wouldn't be far off in second place.

Funny how they always seem to disappear when the lights come on...can't even sit around and pretend to be happy when they aren't miserable.
C o c kroach fans, disappear when the lights come on. Opposite of stepping up when the lights are brightest. They’re not happy until you’re not happy.

Haven't seen or heard from them in a while.

They’ll probably pop up when we lose our next game or our bye week when metcalf or someone has a great game. Sometimes they also might show up on a Thursday or something when the win has been forgotten to some extent to talk about something else.

I will tell you this. If the Pats win the Super Bowl this year, ultimately the Pats did the right thing to let Brady go (not get getting into a debate whether Brady left or was forced out). With Brady here, Jones wouldn't be. I don't think the Pats would have been in position to draft him. And the Pats weren't winning a Super Bowl last year even with Brady. And who knows if they sign Judon, Henry, or Bourne if they had Brady's salary.

If Jones wins a Super Bowl in his rookie season, there is no reason to believe that he won't be either winning or at least playing in more Super Bowls in his career. And this year could be Brady last real shot at winning a title for all we know.

But this a discussion for another day..... Hopefully.

IF they pull off as unlikely a run to the title as there has been in the league in a long time...for me SB36 will never be replaced as my favorite but I think this one probably wouldn't be far off in second place.
If Mac Jones wins as a rookie, it is a historic win

Looks like Patterson is out for TNF. Pats are getting all the breaks....maybe the stars are aligning!

Wonder what injury Diggs or Josh Allen will have in a couple weeks? LOL

C o c kroach fans, disappear when the lights come on. Opposite of stepping up when the lights are brightest. They’re not happy until you’re not happy.

Well, when I check into the the TB12 thread... let's say, after a Bucs loss... I'll admit to being a little "fake concerned"...

giphy.gif

:whistle:

I will tell you this. If the Pats win the Super Bowl this year, ultimately the Pats did the right thing to let Brady go (not get getting into a debate whether Brady left or was forced out). With Brady here, Jones wouldn't be. I don't think the Pats would have been in position to draft him. And the Pats weren't winning a Super Bowl last year even with Brady. And who knows if they sign Judon, Henry, or Bourne if they had Brady's salary.

If Jones wins a Super Bowl in his rookie season, there is no reason to believe that he won't be either winning or at least playing in more Super Bowls in his career. And this year could be Brady last real shot at winning a title for all we know.

But this a discussion for another day..... Hopefully.

I say this with great admiration for Brady, and what he did winning a ring in Tampa was incredible, but.... the Pats already made the right move with Mac. If the plan was to set up a foundation to contend for the next decade, it had to be this choice.

Looks like Patterson is out for TNF. Pats are getting all the breaks....maybe the stars are aligning!

Wonder what injury Diggs or Josh Allen will have in a couple weeks? LOL

There's some voodoo stuff going on, opposing team's best guys tripping down the stairs every week right before we play them

There's some voodoo stuff going on, opposing team's best guys tripping down the stairs every week right before we play them
Only possible explanation for draft day insanity letting Mac fall to the Pats.

Are we favorites? No. Is it likely that we win? No.

Can it be done? Absolutely.

We have a good team, we are progressing nicely. Mac is only going to get better. We have a great D and a good running game. We have elite coaching.

I mean, all the ingredients are there. A little luck along the way and we can do it. It won't be easy and it would certainly be unexpected, but, yeah, why not us?

Are we favorites? No. Is it likely that we win? No.

Can it be done? Absolutely.

We have a good team, we are progressing nicely. Mac is only going to get better. We have a great D and a good running game. We have elite coaching.

I mean, all the ingredients are there. A little luck along the way and we can do it. It won't be easy and it would certainly be unexpected, but, yeah, why not us?
Winner. All the AFC teams do not really scare you and great defense and running game gets you far in the playoffs.

No reason we can't compete with them. Man I can't wait for those games!! They should be big boy games in football weather. It's been so F'n long since this rivalry was alive.
I like the old rivalry, the one where the bills won One game in Twenty years vs the pats

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back