PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Not Us?

As I posted a couple days after the playoff loss, when a team loses 4 of their last 5 and is blown out in the playoffs EVERYTHING needs to be looked at. After a proper analysis, the root cause needs to be determined and resolved.

If it's determined Archord needs to be demoted- so be it.

If it's determined BB Jr isn't ready to lead the defense then Bill better fix that quick.

If it's determined Jonnu Smith is a bad fit and 2022 will be a hopeless endeavor in getting him more involved in the offense then f-it. trade him for pennies on the dollar and get someone who can learn this offense and execute.

The dynasty was built on the philosophy that there are no sacred cows here. That needs to continue.
I am on board with this. I am not on the Little Steven bandwagon. I'm concerned that Bill makes decisions on Steve and Brian as their father and not as the ruthless architect of the longest dynasty in modern NFL history. Smith needs to get figured out, and I am ok with Achord getting done. Special teams are a strength of the NEPs, not a weakness.

all the years I've been a member here I can't ever remember having a cross word with RW...and that goes for most of the other members here. FWIW.

That’s the genius of talking so much **** about @RobertWeathers behind his back.

;)

That’s the genius of talking so much **** about @RobertWeathers behind his back.

;)
I heard you want to be a supreme court justice...YOU!!!...now I hate your guts...just how will YOU vote on Row vs. Wade, huh?..stay the eff away from my oars!

I heard you want to be a supreme court justice...YOU!!!...now I hate your guts...just how will YOU vote on Row vs. Wade, huh?..stay the eff away from my oars!

I’ll probably vote for Wade, but Roe got in some great uppercuts. Close call.

you know what I want, Ice?...I want comedians and movie makers to start making ENTERTAINING media for us, the American people. I watched 2&1/2 Men at dinnertime tonight. I forgot just how perfectly obnoxious Charlie Sheen's character was. Jon Cryer was all nervous about having a date with one chick and then another following that.Charlie says "what's wrong with dating two broads at once?"...jeezus krist, the old hags on the View would have him castrated if he was on TV today. And while I'm on the subject, I'm a huge videophile and fan of anything/everything Mel Brooks. We can never see a movie like Blazing Saddles again because Joy Reid thinks its' racist, and by inference, Jewish producers and comedians are bigoted? When the fack did the whole world go pansy racist menstrual hysterical?

Try this exercise sometime when you're bored Ice...watch the prime time commercials as you flip channels. Here's the paradigm, THE construct today in media...a woman central figure interacting with a strong assertive black male character with a gay white male agreeing with both of them obsequiously. Don't even begin to look for a WHITE MALE lead in any of the thousands of commercials on the air today. The only slot for a white male lead in a commercial today is the group of ads pimping erectile dysfunction and being led to sexual nirvana by the caring wife. The inference is plain..white grown men are impotent, just admit it and buy our products or we'll have your wife make you, Mr. Shootin' Blanks.

Now I know Chappelle could really tear into this blatant "ism" like a buzz saw but where are the white comedians willing to point out this idiocy and mock it across the media platforms? They've all lost their balls and with it their "funny". I find the late night array of "comedians" to be so completely unfunny that I'd rather watch Shopping Channel reruns.

Last edited:
where are the white comedians willing to point out this idiocy and mock it across the media platforms?

Bill Maher. He calls out the B.S. across all demographics including racial, political, religious, cultural -- black, white, left, right, Christian, Muslim and in-between -- and takes no prisoners.

Bill Maher. He calls out the B.S. across all demographics including racial, political, religious, cultural -- black, white, left, right, Christian, Muslim and in-between -- and takes no prisoners.

Maher is OK. I am sure you have heard him call out McConnell. I have never heard Maher call out Schumer in the same way, so I am not sure you can say "across all political demographics".

you know what I want, Ice?...I want comedians and movie makers to start making ENTERTAINING media for us, the American people. I watched 2&1/2 Men at dinnertime tonight. I forgot just how perfectly obnoxious Charlie Sheen's character was. Jon Cryer was all nervous about having a date with one chick and then another following that.Charlie says "what's wrong with dating two broads at once?"...jeezus krist, the old hags on the View would have him castrated if he was on TV today. And while I'm on the subject, I'm a huge videophile and fan of anything/everything Mel Brooks. We can never see a movie like Blazing Saddles again because Joy Reid thinks its' racist, and by inference, Jewish producers and comedians are bigoted? When the fack did the whole world go pansy racist menstrual hysterical?

Try this exercise sometime when you're bored Ice...watch the prime time commercials as you flip channels. Her's the paradigm, THE construct today in media...a woman central figure interacting with a strong assertive black male character with a gay white male agreeing with both of them obsequiously. Don't even begin to look for a WHITE MALE lead in any of the thousands of commercials on the air today. The only slot for a white male lead in a commercial today is the group of ads pimping erectile dysfunction and being led to sexual nirvana by the caring wife. The inference is plain..white grown men are impotent, just admit it and buy our products or we'll have your wife make you, Mr. Shootin' Blanks.

Now I know Chappelle could really tear into this blatant "ism" like a buzz saw but where are the white comedians willing to point out this idiocy and mock it across the media platforms? They've all lost their balls and with it their "funny". I find the late night array of "comedians" to be so completely unfunny that I'd rather watch Shopping Channel reruns.

I think Bill Burr still says it straight up. What did you say about "leading to sexual nirvana"?

I implied that media casts white straight men as near eunuchs that need drugs suggested by their wives/girlfriends to enjoy sex, which is commonly considered a temporal nirvana across all cultures.

Maher is OK. I am sure you have heard him call out McConnell. I have never heard Maher call out Schumer in the same way, so I am not sure you can say "across all political demographics".

Not true. He spares absolutely no one, you need to watch his show. While oriented center-left his B.S.-ometer is very much "equal opportunity," constantly hammering the far-left's nonsense and he has zero tolerance for political correctness. Maher targets pretense and disingenuousness across the board.

Not true. He spares absolutely no one, you need to watch his show. While oriented center-left his B.S.-ometer is very much "equal opportunity," constantly hammering the far-left's nonsense and he has zero tolerance for political correctness. Maher targets pretense and disingenuousness across the board.

He is a "liberal" - that is his own description. I do watch his show. If you think he is center-left, you should listen to him describe himself - he declares unabashedly (real word) that he is not in the center.

He is a "liberal" - that is his own description. I do watch his show. If you think he is center-left, you should listen to him describe himself - he declares unabashedly (real word) that he is not in the center.

You're right, he does call himself a "liberal" but I consider his takes more egalitarian/socio-cultural than purely political. He seems center-left to me; he's railed against Pelosi, AOC, Democratic Party impotency, ivory tower academia, etc. -- not the sort of perspectives you'd attribute to a conventional liberal.

Maybe he is right of where you are? That does not mean he is "center". :whistle:

I've said it a thousand times on this board -- I. Am. Not. A. Liberal. And I didn't say he is "center." I consider him center-left just from his takes on the show. What I said about Maher doesn't make sense to you?

I've said it a thousand times on this board -- I. Am. Not. A. Liberal. And I didn't say he is "center." I consider him center-left just from his takes on the show. What I said about Maher doesn't make sense to you?

It does. But he only appears near the center because the looney left and crazy right are a lot more vocal these days making liberals and conservatives, respectively, appear as though they are independent (which they are not). Liberals are left, conservatives are right. Maher is a liberal by his own description so he is not center anything.

Conservatives always listened to liberals and vice versa. Everything is polarized today, but that does not make liberals or conservatives "center". That doesn't mean the two sides can't talk and cooperate. No need to claim being "center" to appear balanced. Maher is a liberal so he is left. It is really simple.

Last edited:
It does. But he only appears near the center because the looney left and crazy right are a lot more vocal these days making liberals and conservatives, respectively, appear as though they are independent (which they are not). Liberals are left, conservatives are right. Maher is a liberal by his own description so he is not center anything.

OK. I was just trying to convey my sense of Maher's particular brand of "liberalism" as being chiefly socio-cultural vs. purely political.

OK. I was just trying to convey my sense of Maher's particular brand of "liberalism" as being chiefly socio-cultural vs. purely political.

I would agree with that. That is why he is fun to listen to. His Obama worship is purely political, so I assume that is why you said "chiefly".

I would agree with that. That is why he is fun to listen to. His Obama worship is purely political, so I assume that is why you said "chiefly".

Re. your mention of the emerging "looney far-left" and "crazy far-right," that would seem to make traditional liberals and conservatives the new centrists. ;)

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back