PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why it matters how the Pats win on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what you're trying to say but, Idc how they win. Once you reach the playoffs advancing is all that matters. Now, I think what you really mean is that how the patriots defense performs against the steelers will effect how confident you are with them being able to contain the falcons or packers. I get that, but It still makes no difference how they win the game this sunday though.

I am worried about this game... I have a feeling we will lose.

I have felt that in past playoff games as well. Usually when i feel like that I am right. This time i just don't think the Pats will lose. I keep trying to figure out how they would lose but i don't see it.

How would they lose?

Brown breaks a few short passes for TDs or gets behind guys. Possible but i don't see it. Pats know better than this. This is the best thing about their D.

Bell has a monster game. Possible but i don't see it. The Pats know how to handle Bell and keep him from taking over the game.

Big Ben has the game of his life. I don't think this happens. He is hurt or feeling the effects of his injuries from his rough style over the years or something. He is no the QB he was 2-3 years ago.

Pitts D shows up big. Again it is possible but i don't see it. Pitt is just too stubborn and predictable. Brady knows what is coming and Pitt will just never change.

Brady has a pretty bad game. Possible but i don't think so. He almost never has 2 subpar games in a row and is lazer focused. Maybe he gets too tight but he is probably too experienced for that.

The OL gets Brady killed. After last game i don't think so. Scar will be on these guys particularly the interior guys. The OTs will continue to be good and Pitt does not have the guys who are near as good interior pass rushers as Houston. And I don't see the same thing working on the Pats 2 weeks in a row.

So I keep trying to think of a way the Pats can realistically lose. Right now all I have is Pitt plays very well and keeps it within 10 and gets a few lucky bounces to put them over the top. So while it is possible I just don't see a great path for a Steelers victory.

I know what your saying. If they shut Pitt down you'll know their D is for real and not a product of an inferior schedule. If they win 34-13 I know I'll have more confidence for the super bowl.

Don't care as long as they have 1 more point than the Steelers. Can worry about everything else afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes