PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why couldn't we win the two Super Bowls against NYG?

2007 team was one dimensional. There I said it. Old defense, running back who couldn't string three strong runs together.

Having said that, no fan waits until the week before a Super Bowl to register. Just doesn't happen. Sorry Vladimir.

It's all because of the Himalayan tree frog. If not for this

800px-Polypedates_maculatus.jpg

BB and Brady would be 7-0 in Super Bowls.

And curse you for forcing us all to think back on such a painful reality. Those frogs will haunt my dreams, forever!

Last edited:
That wasn't Brady's fault. The defense lost both of those Super Bowls. I'm constantly reading about how Brady's always had a stacked defense to bail him out of tight jam. However, it was his defense that lost him two super bowls against the same damn team.

The offense that was averaging more than 30 points a game got what 17 points in both super bowls? Brady did not have a great game either time. The defense let us down at the end, but those offenses should have been prolific enough to blow the Giants out. If the Brady of today was playing, it wouldn't have been a contest

I'm too busy basking in the glow of two of the last three, probably three of the last four and a possible three-peat. Which as far as I know, would be an NFL first. Why would I still be harping on something that happened 10 years ago to a garbage organization? Sure, we could be closing in on 10 titles in the Brady era. We could also be the Bills.

We will have at least six or seven by the time Brady retires. And probably be competitive with the next QB. Why would I complain about that? Meanwhile, the Giants are a dumpster fire and never (even when they won a couple of titles) did anything more than peek their head above .500. They are irrelevant to me as a football fan until they put together a much better team.

I would say it's pretty obvious the OP is a Giants fan. Which is sad how thoroughly in their head the Patriots are, even though they are 2-0 against them in the Super Bowl. I think deep down inside they know they were lucky to get either of those wins and they have an inferiority complex because of it. They are jealous of our sustained success.

Because the Giants had the blueprint to slow Brady down. Since then Brady has worked really hard on overcoming the limitations that lost him those games. And he's a better player now with more versatility than he was then.

True. I wish he had worked on his mobility earlier in his career.

Cos the nfl is fixed and the script said not to win it.

Edit: also found posters without sense of humor.

Last edited:
Since 2011 the giants have done diddly doo and we are the verge of trying to win our 3 super bowl in the last 4 years.

No offense but this thread ****ing stinks.

(Please remember I said "no offense")

I punch people in the face even if there was no offense taken when they start a sentence with "no offense".:)

Brady had a high ankle sprain, a backup right tackle, and still Josh decided to call plays where he dropped back 7 steps and looked deep every time. That’s why.

I'll give you the short answer.

42 they got out coached

46 they got out executed.

Brady had a high ankle sprain, a backup right tackle, and still Josh decided to call plays where he dropped back 7 steps and looked deep every time. That’s why.

The TE position was a M*A*S*H unit, the Giants were able to stop the screen game, the Giants offense got lucky, the refs ignored some ridiculously blatant holds and BB called a stupid blitz that left a short CB with a sports hernia isolated against a much taller and healthier WR. But let's blame it all on McDaniels calling for 7 step drops and deep passes every time, even though nothing like that happened.

I repeat: IT WAS THE HIMALAYAN TREE FROGS!

in SB 42, nick kaczur was abused by justin tuck. it would been the same as if no guard were playing in his position.

Winner post above. Both Super Bowl losses the defense only gave up 14 and 17 pts, defense did its job.

McDaniels is a much much better OC now than he was in 2005-08. People forget how many crushing hits Brady was taking in 2005, 2006, 2007 because Josh loved using 4 receivers all the time. Josh got way better as an OC 2.0, once he figured out that tight ends and running backs can also catch balls, inheriting O'Brien's 2TE offense. Having Gronk on the team definitely helped force the issue.

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back