PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why couldn't we win the two Super Bowls against NYG?

Because the Giants had the blueprint to slow Brady down. Since then Brady has worked really hard on overcoming the limitations that lost him those games. And he's a better player now with more versatility than he was then.
Read Spagnolas interview on good morning football Saturday. He had a good scheme, team was well coached, 2007, BB passed on a field goal and as Troy Brown said last week,they had a terrible week of practice, the team wasn't focused. It helped that the Giants Justin Tuck was a one man wrecking crew. Also the football gods intervened and put glue on David Tyrees helmet. In 2011, TB had a brain fart and got intentional grounding and a safety on the first play eliminating the chance to go for a field goal at the end. Finally a Ninko penalty and a great throw and catch.

Lost in the angst was the fact that TB brought them back late in the 4th quarter of both games but the D couldn't close it out

We scored less points. In sports that usually means you lose. Simply we weren’t good enough.

Read Spagnolas interview on good morning football Saturday. He had a good scheme, team was well coached, 2007, BB passed on a field goal and as Troy Brown said last week,they had a terrible week of practice, the team wasn't focused. It helped that the Giants Justin Tuck was a one man wrecking crew. Also the football gods intervened and put glue on David Tyrees helmet. In 2011, TB had a brain fart and got intentional grounding and a safety on the first play eliminating the chance to go for a field goal at the end. Finally a Ninko penalty and a great throw and catch.

Lost in the angst was the fact that TB brought them back late in the 4th quarter of both games but the D couldn't close it out

Still, they were not anywhere near the offense they had been that year. It's not all on the defense

I'm too busy basking in the glow of two of the last three, probably three of the last four and a possible three-peat. Which as far as I know, would be an NFL first. Why would I still be harping on something that happened 10 years ago to a garbage organization? Sure, we could be closing in on 10 titles in the Brady era. We could also be the Bills.

We will have at least six or seven by the time Brady retires. And probably be competitive with the next QB. Why would I complain about that? Meanwhile, the Giants are a dumpster fire and never (even when they won a couple of titles) did anything more than peek their head above .500. They are irrelevant to me as a football fan until they put together a much better team.

I would say it's pretty obvious the OP is a Giants fan. Which is sad how thoroughly in their head the Patriots are, even though they are 2-0 against them in the Super Bowl. I think deep down inside they know they were lucky to get either of those wins and they have an inferiority complex because of it. They are jealous of our sustained success.

NOT EVEN CLOSE! Jeez, at least give me some credit here with your accusations. Why in the blue hell would a Giants fan run onto a Pats forum to ask why the Patriots lost both Super Bowls? And at least accuse me of being a salty-ass Raiders fan that's still asshurt from 2001. It's bad enough every damn sports group on facebook is ridden with these clowns and their delusions that Eli is superior to Brady.

First post/thread about the 2 toughest losses in the BB/TB era

giphy.gif

What were expecting? It's hilarious you believe I'm trolling when I'm not.

Man I just happened to be watching Super Bowl XLVI highlights on NYJFL* network. I thought I was over this, but I still ended up shaking my head in disappointment and disbelief, and like Really? We let E-LIE beat us? COME ON!

God damn it! Well I needed to vent. Thank god for the practice squad!:)

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back