PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why am i supposed to believe that Tony Dungy is a good person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why i am supposed to believe that he is a good guy.

Why is he a good guy?

Because ESPN says so!!! They are the boss of all of us. :rolleyes:

If BB said he hated gay people the media and Colts fans would be calling for his head.

BB's son smokes pot and BB is a bad dad, Dungy's kills himself and it's poor Saint Tony.

Dungy hates gay people and BB's son smokes pot?

1) Do Dungy and Peyton really get along then?
2) Maybe BB's son could share with EasterTool and Steve Young to calm them down.

Last edited:
We need a common definition of "good" in order to answer this question.

The majority or religious and non-religious Americans would agree that the 10 commandments are a universal standard for good behavior.

So let's run through the list and see how Dungy grades out:

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Grade A - It is clear that Dungy has no god before His God.

2. Thou shalt not make for thyself an idol.
Grade A - Haven't seen any golden calves on the sidelines.

3. Thou shalt not make wrongful use of the name of thy God.
Grade A - Have you ever heard an inappropriate word from this guy?

4. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
Grade C - While he keeps it holy part of the year, telling people to inflict pain on their opponents on the Sabbath while getting paid millions of dollars to do it may not have been what God had in mind when he used the word "holy" to describe this day.

5. Honor thy Father and Mother.
Grade A - Heck, he honors total strangers.

6. Thou shalt not murder .
Grade A - If he had, it would have come out by now, being a public figure and all.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Grade A - While no one knows for sure - we must assume he's innocent until proven guilty.

8. Thou shalt not steal.
Grade A - What would a man that makes millions need to steal?

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Grade A - No one has ever accused him of witnessing falsely against his neighbors... not even his neighbors.

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house or thy neighbor's wife.
Grade A - Seems like a very content man - don't see him eyeballing the cheerleaders ever.

Final Score - 9 A's and 1 C.

So is Tony Dungy a good man? Oh, much more than good... he is a very good man.

End of thread. God has spoken.

I'd like to put my two cents in and state that this is perhaps the most childish thread that has ever seen so much action on this board. There is nothing of any substance to discuss here. None of us can determine who is or is not a good guy.

And besides...

WHO GIVES A FLYING EFF?

May I be the first to request this thread be closed. Let's use the old rule against a bunch of old ladies bickering over nothing.

WOW!:eek:

Last edited:
No one is ever as good or as "evil" as the media makes them out to be. For example, some religious leaders who professed to be good have a sordid secret life.

I also find that people read or hear something in the media and assume it is true. Just because it is in a newspaper doesn't make it true.

Jesus, save me from these Christians.

Again, he coaches in the Bible Belt. They eat that family values stuff up. And you know what? Belichick went to a METHODIST college. Weslyan, as in John Wesley the founder of the Methodist church.

I bet you million that if he coached in Indy that and did there what he has done here that he would be treated as Saintly as Dungy.

Again, he coaches in the Bible Belt. They eat that family values stuff up. And you know what? Belichick went to a METHODIST college. Weslyan, as in John Wesley the founder of the Methodist church.

I know Jews and Protestants who go to BC even though it's a Catholic school. Belichick's family is Croatian, meaning he's most likely Catholic, but it's clear that to him, football is God. There was a story about him and his family going to Europe and going to cathedrals and his kids thinking that the pictures and stained glass were pretty, but they had to ask who, exactly, was being depicted.

The answer was ************.

That's kind of what I was referring to. I know this guy who is really involved at the church and he is pretty much a jerk off. He is completely close minded when it comes to choice of religion and on certain general views such as the war in Iraq. He's not a pleasant guy to talk to at all unless you're just like him.
Yeah, and thats kinda what pisses me off, it seems people like that just give christianity a bad name. imo being a believer isn't being religious it is the opposite.Be a good person and dont try to flash it all around and judge other people based on what they do, cause one thing that is for sure is that nobody is perfect.

I know Jews and Protestants who go to BC even though it's a Catholic school. Belichick's family is Croatian, meaning he's most likely Catholic, but it's clear that to him, football is God. There was a story about him and his family going to Europe and going to cathedrals and his kids thinking that the pictures and stained glass were pretty, but they had to ask who, exactly, was being depicted.

The answer was ************.

Man, we need more parents like Belichick.

From, someone who went went to highschool school with James, and had a couple of classes with him before he passed away, please don't make uninformed comments on something you obviously know nothing about

Once a kid (or I should say adult) goes away to college, especially with their parents so far away (Indiana/Florida) that kid is officially on their own. They make their own decisions and their own choices. From what I knew of him he was a bit of a class clown, always making jokes, but he was always smiling and always upbeat

people wonder why I have been on here today defending Dungy so hard, but when I see the several moronic, hateful, and just ignorant comments about the death of someone I knew, and just plain DUMB rationalizations about a situation many people know NOTHING about just pisses me off. Your parents can raise you however they want but a decision to end one's life definitely does not mean he wasn't brought up well. Dungy has 5 other children alive and doing well, but I don't even know why I continue too argue with posters who show they have no idea what they're talking about before they complete their first sentence. Thats before even mentioning how big of a fan of the colts I am

You don't know what the person was going through to make them take their own lives, you probably couldn't imagine, so playing Dr Phil and making stupid comments like it must be the parenting is just plain DUMB. IDIOTIC even

This thread is stupid. Just be like Fitzy and say GFY...

Yeah, and thats kinda what pisses me off, it seems people like that just give christianity a bad name. imo being a believer isn't being religious it is the opposite.Be a good person and dont try to flash it all around and judge other people based on what they do, cause one thing that is for sure is that nobody is perfect.

Yeah and by no means am I painting the entire religion with that brush based off this one tool. It's the stubborness that really bugs me. It's cool to have your own beliefs but that's the beauty of freedom and choice of religion, we all get to have our own beliefs and exercise them each day. The Christians that bother me are the ones that think Christianity is the only way.

uriah heep....for you who have read david copperfield. seemingly so nice...and humble. but with a hidden agenda. polian would be his bad side. dungy puts up the front and lets polian do all the dirty work. rather then be a man like BB .
dungy is the guy in the office who everyone likes...but but who will screw you over in a blink of an eye. together they will stop at nothing..changing rules...spreading false rumours...and secretly complaining to the boss. then when the boss does something to the others...shwoing compassion for the others.

Millions of people believe in good family values.

Including most gay people.

Dungy may be a nice guy, but he comes off as a sanctimonious, judgmental jerk and in my book, sanctimony is not a virtue.

For some reason I have a problem with evaluating Dungy on a book that he himself wrote, to make himself look good. Does anybody else see the irony here, anyone?

This is back on the top of page one again so I may as well express my viewpoint.

thread%20sucks.jpg

Please God! Make it go away! I wish we had burned *Keegs* at the stake!

OK, another one that has wandered into this forum. You've all had your say, so I'm locking it. PM me if you think that's unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back