PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why am I so nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always flip it around...How nervous would you be if you were an Eagles fan. They are probably pooping their pants right about now. See, it is all about perspective.

I don’t know, I wasn’t nervous at all for Super Bowl 36 until the game actually started. I feel like my nerves get worse with each win we get because it just means that much more to the legacy and dynasty.

I'm nervous and probably won't be able to eat much during the game. Yes, I understand that is somewhat ridiculous and I shouldn't take it so seriously. But, I can't help it, I want to win bad.

I think it's experience telling us to be prepared for a dramatic game. Every one of their superbowl games in the Brady era have been close and stressful as hell.

The Eagles with Foles average 18 points per game including two pick 6's. Not including those pick 6's, one of which was on a failed lateral at the end of the game against the Raiders and they have averaged 14.5 points per game.

Sure about that? Seems to me they had over 20 even if you factor in that 0 game in which he played only one quarter.

I don't even want to watch because I am surrounded by Ravens fans who despise us. Plus I know a Bills fan who wishes Tom Brady would snap his leg.

Only way the Eagles win IMO is if there -2 or more in turnovers.

I have been nervous for days. It is always like that leading up to the SB. Just want tomorrow to get here quickly .

I just want to see how it FEELS to score in the first quarter...get a two score or more lead...
With how this team has gotten behind so frequently this year and then found ways to win anyway, I would almost welcome the slow start. I would be MORE nervous to have them trying to protect a lead early rather than close a gap or just keep pace.

They are ooopong

Patriots have really handled “great defensive fronts” the past 2 years, especially late in games. If we stop their running game and secure the ball, we will be fine.

Fatigue. If Philly is smart, they will do a lot of rotating and keep them fresh.

Im never nervous until the game start. No I dont want a slow start, I want to see a lead beginning to end....

I also know the Eagles are a very good team , probably one of the top 2-3 teams they will or did play this year so the Pats cant take them lightly.

Im more nervous about comments coming out like “the had a great Practire” or BB is at a T-Wolvs game....

You are nervous like the rest of us. We want the Pats to win but we know on any given day one team can beat the other.

I will remain positive.

Go Pats

I don't even want to watch because I am surrounded by Ravens fans who despise us. Plus I know a Bills fan who wishes Tom Brady would snap his leg.

From my experiences overs the years, when Bills fans try to talk ****, they can be easily shut up when you mention they lost 4 straight SB's. As a Pats fan you need to embrace the hate and shut the others up.

mad.jpg

Ive seen 5 rings in my life from the Pats. That’s more then any other fan can say. Pats can’t win every year, so why am I nervous about tomorrow’s game? Even if they lose...so? TB12 is already the greatest QB in NFL History. Sb49 establishes that and SB51 was basically saying a reminder that TB12 Is the best QB.

I guess maybe because I’m just so tired of the Patriots haters. It gets annoying. Everywhere I go...,always some moron. And Brady is winning the MVP. There’s that MVP curse that we witnessed in 2007 and 2011 :/

Eagles have a great defensive front...the Giants did too. That’s what can get to TB12

I don't know. I've only been more confident about a playoff game once. Our strength on offense is Philly's biggest defensive weakness, Their secondary is average and they have a backup QB starting (who has not played particularly well save for one game) against a defense that has allowed the fifth fewest points in the league. I really think this will be a double digit win.

The hay is in the barn guys...time to chill, check that list for grub and beverages you need for tomorrow, enjoy the awards show, soak in the pre-game or do that superstitious ritual tomorrow...and enjoy, we got to cheer the boys on all the way through to the last week again.

Our dominance in the past 17 years is all on tape, collecting a couple Lombardi's along the way. They will be prepared...IMHO, not the most talented squad this year but we do got talent on this team. We got a shot...again this year...no need to be nervous, enjoy the ride man...

I’m nervous as hell too. I don’t understand how anyone can be a big fan but be all “oh they’ve already won 5, anything more would be just gravy so I won’t be sad if they lose.” That’s dumb.

I will be sad if they lose. And I'm nervous as hell. But, since I expect them to lose (and, no, I don't go into every Super Bowl like this; in fact, the only other 2 times I expected a loss was against the Bears and Rams), I will not be absolutely devastated as I was with the Packers and both Giants games.

I mean, there is some in-between here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back