PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's your Mount Rushmore of Boston Sports?

2021 Mac Jones
Alabama Mac Jones
Pro Bowl Griddy Mac Jones
2022 Mac Jones

Brady
Orr
Belichick
Williams

I will stick to the Greatest.

Greatest football player
Greatest hockey player
Greatest coach and football mind
Greatest hitter (no championships is a major black mark though)

Brady
Orr
Russell
Ortiz

I am a championships matter person.

What happened to 'championships matter'???
**** Williams had one 88+ win season here. He had zip for pressure on him with a hands off front office and owner. He did a good job but IMO gets viewed through those Impossible Dream glasses just a bit too much.

Tito had to ride herd on a friggin' circus.
Huh? Williams didn't win a WS here.

That's why Tito is on Mt Rushmore and Williams isn't.

Williams kicked ass here, OAK, MTL and SD.

Last edited:
Brady GOAT
Orr GOAT - He is and I'm not just stating that because I'm from NE.
Williams GOAT hitter
Russell GOAT 9 World Championships as a player and 2 more World Championships as a Coach.

Yea. Tito had more Red Sox success but **** Williams is probably the better manager. Not to mean Tito is a slouch.
Huh? Williams didn't win a WS here.

That's why Tito is on Mt Rushmore and Williams isn't.

Williams kicked as here, OAK, MTL and SD.

My Dude, no one said Williams won a WS here but if you look at your first quote it read to me as though you'd go with Williams over Tito on our hypothetical Mt Rushmore.

My Dude, no one said Williams won a WS here but if you look at your first quote it read to me as though you'd go with Williams over Tito on our hypothetical Mt Rushmore.
Ted Williams, not ****.

1...Bobby Orr
1A....Bill Russell

Ah. Prev post I had Tito on Mt Rush.

Your previous post was about players. One of us is hitting the White Russians too hard lol
dude abides GIF

Mount Rushmore of Boston Sports (excluding needing at least one representative from each major sport):

Tom Brady
Bill Russell
Bobby Orr
Larry Bird

My list has two rules: 1) you must have been the best player in your sport for at least one season (which eliminates David Ortiz) and 2) you must have won at least one league championship (which eliminates Ted Williams). If I were to eliminate those rules then Williams would replace Bird.

Your previous post was about players. One of us is hitting the White Russians too hard lol
The coaches one is in the other thread. You commented on it. You must be day drinking as well. :p

The coaches one is in the other thread. You commented on it. You must be day drinking as well. :p

Commented on it there after commenting here. At least, like... I know where I am beveraging Man.

The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

How many of you saw Williams play? or Russell?
Curious I'm not disagreeing with your Mt. Rushmore they're yours.
But I do wonder those who lived during their playing days if they were marvels in their respective sports.

Commented on it there after commenting here. At least, like... I know where I am beveraging Man.

The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films
Jesus I think i'll go talk to crawhammer now....

How many of you saw Williams play? or Russell?
Curious I'm not disagreeing with your Mt. Rushmore they're yours.
But I do wonder those who lived during their playing days if they were marvels in their respective sports.

My knowledge of Ted Williams is strictly from reading countless testimonials from his peers of he day, and from first hand accounts from my grandfather who was a huge Sox fan. He was a regular at Fenway as a child and young adult. Williams really did seem to be the best hitter ever. His stats are ridiculous. Had he not lost 4+ prime years during WWII, he would have held most hitting records pre-steroid era.

It's not in our grumpy New England nature to admit it but as sports fans we really have been blessed. When we put together our Mt Rushmore, think of the all time greats who don't make it. We have to leave some incredible players on the cutting room floor, not many places can kick the level of players Boston can to the curb getting it to 4. I'd put Boston's Sports Mt Rushmore up against anyone's.

Bill Russell, the greatest winner in North American pro team sports. If you saw him play you know he was the man.

Bobby Orr, easily the best defenseman and arguably the best player of all time. He re-defined his sport and remains its gold standard.

Tom F Brady, THE GOAT. No real argument can be made he isn't. Nuff said

Teddy Ballgame, the man who said; “All I want out of life is that when I walk down the street, folks will say, 'There goes the greatest hitter that ever lived'” and actually made it so.

IMO, the 'ring is the thing' argument loses steam in baseball. It is a game of individual accomplishments added together. How a player hits, pitches or fields isn't dependent on his teammates. YMMV
In my lifetime , I have been alive for 16 Celtic championships ( infant for many of the early ones but still breathing) , 4 Red Sox ones, 3 Bruins and 6 Patriots, a total of 29 championships... compared to many other cities,w e truly are blessed.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back