PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be the new OC?

Bama fans wouldn't be mad at all if he left.

I wouldn't mind Gattis or Moore (if we could pry him away from Dallas)

Jeff Lebby or Zac Hill are two guys I really like that will never be here but I like what they've done so far.
Moore will end up leaving Dallas for a HC job, or staying for it.
Hill is currently unemployed, might he a good addition to the staff.

200.gif

NO WAY! :poop:

Bama fans wouldn't be mad at all if he left.

I wouldn't mind Gattis or Moore (if we could pry him away from Dallas)

Jeff Lebby or Zac Hill are two guys I really like that will never be here but I like what they've done so far.

I liked the serenity McD had around Mac. Id hope for something similar - so yeah, no need for hysteria like BOB et al

Not naming an OC is my worst nightmare
We did that with McDaniels and BOB as well as all the DCs.
The duties are still performed but it’s more of a transition and let’s a new coordinator work into the role by having some duties delegated to other assistants. It’s really a smart plan.

If JMD does indeed leave for the raiders, I dont think BB will name an OC...

Caley or Lombardi will be given the opportunity to develop the game plans like an OC would... Maybe in 2023 we will have an official OC, but not in 2022
One would be the OC, just not in title. They would perform all the duties but since it’s their first time in the role more of the duties will be delegated.
Coordinating the offense is a group effort any way.

The duties are still performed but it’s more of a transition and let’s a new coordinator work into the role by having some duties delegated to other assistants. It’s really a smart plan.
I think it could be an outside guy or who would you think bb wants to grow into this role
Also there are always duties delegated to other assistants

One would be the OC, just not in title. They would perform all the duties but since it’s their first time in the role more of the duties will be delegated.
Coordinating the offense is a group effort any way.
which is what i said, in fewer words

Adam Gase (if Bill chooses to hire someone that's not a Framingham State assistant). there's a Belichick / Saban connection and I'm sure Gase would be cheap, which is always a plus down at Jonathan City

Gase is a loon job. Or have you forgotten his Press Conferences?

I liked the serenity McD had around Mac. Id hope for something similar - so yeah, no need for hysteria like BOB et al
Agreed. I wouldn't hate an OB reunion but yea I have the same concern about the mesh of personalities on a day to day basis.
Bill loves seeing how guys work together. Which traits come out and stand out. Who works well with together and handles new responsibilities. We still have a few good coaches in Covington & Mayo on the defensive side too.

I forgot about O'Shea... what's he been up to? He seemed to do a good job under Flores before he got inexplicably canned because his system was "too hard" or something lol

Edit: Looks like he's the WRs coach and "passing game coordinator" for the Browns at the moment.
Which means they could hire him as the OC and it would be an upgrade for him.. I'd like him back over BOB, honestly.

I hope the Pats DO go outside the organization, honestly.

Agreed. I wouldn't hate an OB reunion but yea I have the same concern about the mesh of personalities on a day to day basis.

Bill loves seeing how guys work together. Which traits come out and stand out. Who works well with together and handles new responsibilities. We still have a few good coaches in Covington & Mayo on the defensive side too.

This is why I'm hoping that McDaniels moves to hire Steve as his DC.. I would really like to see Mayo as the DC.

O’Shea.

Which means they could hire him as the OC and it would be an upgrade for him.. I'd like him back over BOB, honestly.

I hope the Pats DO go outside the organization, honestly.
Yes they would be able to. That seems like a reasonable move. Who knows what'll happen though. Could just as likely be Troy Brown or Mick Lombardi or some kind of joint effort. I just don't want this to derail Mac's development - that was my main reason for wanting McDaniels to stay.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back