PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who surprised you last night vs Carolina? (in a good way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
One for me was Blount. Dude's moving like a halfback in a fullback's body. He has DEFINITELY lost weight. And I haven't seen him hurdle anybody since Tampa Bay days...

5f.gif

The guy looked fresh, hungry, and ready to rumble. Against a Super Bowl caliber defense!!!

austin-powers-mike-myers-yeah-baby-Favim.com-151109.jpg

...or maybe, more like HELL yeah! :D

Yeah, though he still "is what he is" in relation to short yardage. He's an effective running back, but he absolutely must work on lowering his head and shoulders in short yardage. got notably stood up while not getting a first down he could have IMO.

He could be a star for whatever time he has left, if he corrects this problem. Still an effective part of a committee otherwise.

By the way, they were throwing to Blount a bit. I think he could be effective in that role in a limited fashion. He's relaxed and seems to catch easily and starting in the second level plays to hit strengths

I though LeBlanc was impressive. There were some big receivers and he wasn't afraid to be aggressive.

Valentine was up and down, but he hustled and was usually in the right place.

Blount seems much quicker and a bit smaller and i really like it. Brissett looked great again last night

Hard to pick one, but ill go with Chris Long

Pick more than one then! I was impressed as well with Beef Brisket. 8/8... did Mallett ever go 8/8 in a practice, let alone a game? It was against the subs of course, but still dang good. Jimmy's getting nervous!!! ;)

Hard to pick one, but ill go with Chris Long
Agreed. Was a little nervous with him in the running game last week but he did a much better job of setting the edge last night. Think he could end up with a Jarvis Green type role in this offense when Nink gets healthy.

Cannon. Held up better than I expected in pass pro and got to the second level at least once (that I saw) on a designed run to his side and sealed his man. Admittedly, I don't have high expectations at all for him, but he looked decent last night. Good game for him.

Foster, Cannon, Long, Valentine, Johnson, and Elandon Roberts please over Freeny.

Malcolm Brown.....dude's beastly in the middle....panthers are tough in the middle and he crushed them

I haven't been too in tune with the team so far, but getting there.

I saw Valentine make some good plays and he seemed to more than hold his own 1 on 1.

I would go with Foster and Valentine. Was really impressed with Foster and his quickness.

Impressed with the way Foster ran and caught the ball ...smooth, and with decent speed ......would like to see more of what he has, but then again with Gaffney looking good and having Blount, Bolden, White and Develin along with Lewis coming back in 6 or 7 weeks......maybe BB wants to see if he can sneak him thru waivers onto the PS and doesn't want to show too much of what he can do.......I would prefer him over White at this point.....Too bad BB is of the mindset that good RB's are a dime a dozen :rolleyes:

No player in specific. I was just very impressed with how the defense turned the ball over in this game, as well as during the whole preseason.

Turning the ball over was not something we excelled at last season.

Impressed with the way Foster ran and caught the ball ...smooth, and with decent speed ......would like to see more of what he has, but then again with Gaffney looking good and having Blount, Bolden, White and Develin along with Lewis coming back in 6 or 7 weeks......maybe BB wants to see if he can sneak him thru waivers onto the PS and doesn't want to show too much of what he can do.......I would prefer him over White at this point.....Too bad BB is of the mindset that good RB's are a dime a dozen :rolleyes:

I must be the only person who hasn't seen Foster play yet, but given the remaining choices to choose from, it looks to me that White is the most expendable.

I know be looked good last night, but is Blount still a lock?

Bolden's ST play and ability to be the big back sub, along with his receiving ability makes him a really tough cut for me.

I must be the only person who hasn't seen Foster play yet, but given the remaining choices to choose from, it looks to me that White is the most expendable.

I know be looked good last night, but is Blount still a lock?

Bolden's ST play and ability to be the big back sub, along with his receiving ability makes him a really tough cut for me.
Yes, Blount is a lock. He's the best proven power back on the team.

Bolden is likely a lock as well because he's versatile and consistent. Not great player but good and adds value as your 4th RB that most won't offer.

Cannon. Held up better than I expected in pass pro and got to the second level at least once (that I saw) on a designed run to his side and sealed his man. Admittedly, I don't have high expectations at all for him, but he looked decent last night. Good game for him.
Cannon has actually been solid pretty much all preseason IMO. He screwed up a couple times, but every lineman has screwed up here and there - it's still camp, after all.

It's hard for me to say this, but I'm actually not worried about Cannon right now. Scar truly has some kind of dark magic.

@MikeReiss
Playing-time note: Undrafted free-agent CB Cre'von LeBlanc played team-high 59 snaps. Coaches evaluating as he makes charge for roster spot.

The same treatment Butler got in 2014 vs. the Panthers in the third preseason game. He more than held his own vs. Funchess, Benjamin, and Ginn in the first half.

He covered 6'4/6'5 WRs on the outside and was step for step with Ted Ginn on a deep pass. He's made the team as CB5 imo.

Also, his 40 time of 4.67 seems as erroneous as Butler's 4.62. He's got game speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes