PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who should be available at 14?

Q1) Do you think that we should consider any CB at 14 (or even with a small trade down) other than Gonzo or Witherspoon?
Yup I have Porter & Gonzo graded almost identical. Witherspoon right after. Small drop then Banks, Forbes, Brents, Smith ...
Q2) I think that B Jones and Johnson are no-brainers for us. Is Skororoski? I guess Wright is close.
Skor will be one of my higher graded guys but he's a G imo. So unless you move Strange or Onwenu I'm not sure what to donalthough I love him. I'd be good with Wright there too.
Q3) I don't see a top front 6 player dropping? Do you have Van Ness as a choice as 14? I an see him being there, or perhaps Murphy?
Nope neither. Both need real development. Not at 14. Van Ness has one move and has trouble executing that a good deal. Both are very raw but big yes early RD2.
Q4) BPA could very well be one of the TE's. Most seem to have a couple considered at 14? Where do you stand?
NO TE AT 14! Like LB there's just such a small # that really make a difference. The value, impact and talent isn't there at 14. I wouldn't touch any until RD2.
========================================
I have always agreed with the idea of 8-12 blue chip players plus QB's, and then 30 red chip players who often aren't much different in quality. I don't like passing up on a blue chip player in order to get so-called draft value with a trade down. I think that blue-chip players are undervalued on any scale that we fans see. My WAG is that Bill may h5
Yup.

There's about 2-5 "elite/HOF" potential every few drafts. 8-15 guys with true 1st RD value. 20-30 on the cusp. Another 20-30 that are similar but might be a bit smaller or need a better situation than someone going top 25.

I've always liked the idea of trading up but recent info just reinforces that belief. Only 30% of draft picks sign a second contract with the same team. Not to mention the hit rate, injuries etc. Not to mention you can end up with Harry and Williams as your first two picks. I'd rather gamble on elite talent than aquire picks that most likely won't be on the team in 4 years. Elite players win games. Specifically top 10-20 picks. They don't count the # of draft picks on the scoreboard.

I'm always down for trading up. Just not this year unless it's a few spots.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back