PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is your favorite non patriots player of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not big on WRs but I always liked Steve Smith. I loved his attitude and the way he played. He had no business being as good as he was. He just worked his ass off and played 100% no matter the situation and was a great big game player.

He is a guy you hate when you play against him cause he has a big mouth and an attitude but you would love to have on your team.

All World Tight End Kellen Winslow
and
Earl "the Pearl" Campbell

Fran Tarkenton (before he lost his mind) in 70s up until Grogan in'76.

Fran Tarkenton is my answer as well. I'll also give Doug Flutie an honorable mention (his last few years on the Patriots' bench notwithstanding).

Gene Mack. Yeah, I know, you have never heard of him. He was a great LB for the Toronto Argos, at least in my memory he was. And when I started watching football, he stood out as a guy who really laid the wood and brought it on defense. That team was actually pretty good, had Joe Theisman at QB, a great scatback named Leon McQuay, a good WR named Mel Profit and a star DL named Jim Stillwagon. I got into football through the Argos, then became interested in the NFL when some team from New England signed the best RB in the CFL two years later, guy named Mack Herron. He set a record shortly afterwards for combined yards, and with Pat Patriot and those absurd uniforms, I was hooked.

enjoyed watching Ronnie Lott play

SWEETNESS

Tough choice, it would be either Earl Campbell or Roger Staubach.

Ed Reed, Dwight Freeney, Drew Brees

Deuce Mcallister, Ricky Jackson and "pre-cap killer" Drew Brees.

Living in New Orleans for so many years, I've gained a fondness and respect for the Saints. Something I don't think could happen in any other football city (maybe Green Bay)

I wouldn't actually choose him as my answer, but rookie year Odell Beckham was crazy to watch, before everyone knew he was a ****.

Payton. Class, sweetness personified.

Barry Sanders

1. earl campbell was the team
2. barry sanders best RB to ever touch the ball on the worst OL
3. walter payton, beautiful runs like watching an orchestra
4. Yes I know but I loved Deuce all guts,
5. and Brees, hes never had the pure physical talent to be good, but studied and tries hard every day

You said non Pats or TB would be my 5 lol

Trent Dilfer is easily the most under-rated player of the modern era.

Randall Cunningham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back