PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is the team to beat in the NFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The Rams are very talented but I expect a Super Bowl hangover as do most fans I think. The Saints really faded at the end of last year on offense. It makes me wonder about their chances down the stretch. A lot of people will be high on the Bears, but why would they be better this year? They still have the same question marks as last year for the most part.

So who will emerge here? Will one of them end up being the team or someone else?

I’d be a 49er. Assuming I was one of the few that actually made bank during the gold rush.

the saints are much stronger than any of the others

The Rams are very talented but I expect a Super Bowl hangover as do most fans I think. The Saints really faded at the end of last year on offense. It makes me wonder about their chances down the stretch. A lot of people will be high on the Bears, but why would they be better this year? They still have the same question marks as last year for the most part.

So who will emerge here? Will one of them end up being the team or someone else?

The Eagles will be back in the hunt.
The Vikings will win 12+ games
I see the saints and rams taking a step back.

Last edited by a moderator:
PHI
DAL
NO
ATL (sleeper)
Don’t trust LAR

Last edited:
1. Saints.

2. Rams

3. Everybody else.

I see a Manning level decline (Circa 2015) for Brees. From Thanksgiving on he was one of the worst QB's in the league. Their secondary receivers are thrash. I see a 10-6 record at best.

Bears have a 2006 feeling to them. Will be carried by a great D. But ultimately will fail due to suspect QB play (Not as bad as Grossman though).

Rams will most certainly fall back. Ultimately I predict they lose the title game in Philly.

Eagles are my pick. Loaded on both sides of the ball. Very easy schedule. They have the potential to go 15-1. Pending Wentz is healthy, they could be like the 90's Greatest Show on Turf.

In the AFC, I take the Chiefs. They've got the best QB, TE, and receiver (Arguably) in football. They've made changes on defense. The Pats just can't match up with them at TE. And their QB is scary good. I'm not trying to start an argument. Just my opinion.

Curious what made you choose Dallas over the Rams?
-Improved over the offseason (Witten, Cobb etc)
-Better/faster defense than LAR
-Dominant running game with more depth/Excellent OL
(Gurley may not be healthy/no depth)
-Teams now have a lot more tape on LA
-Easier schedule

-Improved over the offseason (Witten, Cobb etc)
-Better/faster defense than LAR
-Dominant running game with more depth/Excellent OL
(Gurley may not be healthy)
-Teams now have a lot more tape on LA

I just can't trust a Garrett coached team. They aren't "better" enough than the Rams to make up that massive difference in coaching. But I get why you choose the Cowboys.

I just can't trust a Garrett coached team. They aren't "better" enough than the Rams to make up that massive difference in coaching. But I get why you choose the Cowboys.
Fair.

I’d be a 49er. Assuming I was one of the few that actually made bank during the gold rush.

I think the clock is ticking on Jimmy G in San Fran. One more major injury and/or not living up to his contract and he could be on the outs. But if he plays well, they are definitely a sleeper pick.

I mean the Rams had more talent on paper than the Pats. But BB took a great coach to the woodshed. I can't imagine what he's going to do with Garrett at home. But again, this could all change. Nothing is a given.

Ill go with the rams. If brees was brees, id pick NO but he looked pretty bad late last year, particularly in the 2nd half of the nfcc.

Ill go with the rams. If brees was brees, id pick NO but he looked pretty bad late last year, particularly in the 2nd half of the nfcc.

I would love to see a Brady vs Brees Super Bowl. But my head says Rams are better than the Saints.

After googling who would win a death match between a lion and bear, I’m confused and on the fence. Definitely not a packer though.

Eagles (at least until Wentz gets injured again) and Saints are the teams to beat in the NFC. Rams will be in the hunt again if Kupp is healthy.

I think the clock is ticking on Jimmy G in San Fran. One more major injury and/or not living up to his contract and he could be on the outs. But if he plays well, they are definitely a sleeper pick.
There isn’t much talent on that team.

After googling who would win a death match between a lion and bear, I’m confused and on the fence. Definitely not a packer though.
The packer comes along after the lion and bear kill each other and distributes the meat.

The teams I would fear most in the SB would be the Eagles & Saints, assuming Wentz stays healthy. Not only are these the best two teams in the conference (INHO), they both have coaches with the balls to go head to head with the Pats....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes