PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is Quinn Nordin?

I remember when we drafted him someone on Reddit who went to school with him said that although they were proud of what he'd achieved, he was a difficult person to root for. Apparently extremely arrogant, rude and with a severe superiority complex.

We'll see how that pans out, but I can't imagine the Patriots locker room embracing a narcissistic kicker.

I remember when we drafted him someone on Reddit who went to school with him said that although they were proud of what he'd achieved, he was a difficult person to root for. Apparently extremely arrogant, rude and with a severe superiority complex.

We'll see how that pans out, but I can't imagine the Patriots locker room embracing a narcissistic kicker.

Kickers are like closers in baseball. Even if this information is true, these qualities might help.

The issue is Nordin's appears to have had a lot of practice using these negative attrributes relating to his kicking consistency. Maybe Bill feels they've ironed out his problems. But in a few months can he be sure?

Folk had a lights out short game last year. Do you give that up plus a guaranteed contract? Is Bill just hoping to stash him on the practice squad?

Kickers are like closers in baseball. Even if this information is true, these qualities might help.

The issue is Nordin's appears to have had a lot of practice using these negative attrributes relating to his kicking consistency. Maybe Bill feels they've ironed out his problems. But in a few months can he be sure?

Folk had a lights out short game last year. Do you give that up plus a guaranteed contract? Is Bill just hoping to stash him on the practice squad?
Yeah I was thinking the same thing - huge confidence is probably a good thing for a kicker. But way too early to say if he has a chance. I think he’s PS material for a while, good enough to push Folk to keep working hard but not good enough to take the job any time too soon.

Does the "locker room" even think of punters and kickers as football players ?

I get that UDFA are UDFA and spots on a 90 man roster aren't exactly precious, but I still don't get why we signed a kicker who literally never broke the 80% mark on field goals in a single season and couldn't even break 70% half the years.

Agree completely, and Jake Bailey is a difference maker in field position.
Yep. Him as well. I think with those players their willingness to tackle earns the respect from the other players.

I get that UDFA are UDFA and spots on a 90 man roster aren't exactly precious, but I still don't get why we signed a kicker who literally never broke the 80% mark on field goals in a single season and couldn't even break 70% half the years.
Look deeper into the sample size. He may be what we need.

Look deeper into the sample size. He may be what we need.
Doing bad in a small sample size does not mean you're actually good. Also, he had multiple years that I would consider a "full season". The sample size is why I was charitable enough not to ding him for a season where he only kicked 40%.

Doing bad in a small sample size does not mean you're actually good. Also, he had multiple years that I would consider a "full season". The sample size is why I was charitable enough not to ding him for a season where he only kicked 40%.
What I meant is we can go all about percentages for kickers but here is a player
Who went 10-of-13 from 40-49 yards and 4-of-10 from 50 and up.
So if you cite his 42-for-58 record. Wanted you to put into perspective that about a fifth of that was from very long range and of his 16 misses, 40% were on 50 and up. He has made some clutch kicks and I think our coaches sees that.
He may be one of those who just need a consistent holder to work with. We shall see but I am rooting for him.

Last edited:

Well, there's a reliable report if I ever read one.

Last edited:

The issue is that we did not draft him. So I don't know why someone on reddit decided to talk about a player we signed late after the draft unless redditors are into anecdotes on UDFAs kickers.

Who is Quinn Nordin?​

Nobody here under the age of 50 will get this... but I read his name, and immediately my mind jumped to:

5dq6rb.gif

Man, I watched too many police shows in the 70's. LOL

He's here because of leg strength. If he can improve the accuracy, he could be a huge weapon. If he doesn't, he's gone.
Worthy of a PS position while the coaching staff finds out? They'll know in August.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back