PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who else is ridiculously psyched about game 1 and the Pat’s season in general ?

You seem really down on the Pats this year. Why?
JK about meh. I am excited but trying not to have too high expectations. We did pay to stream games this season so made a commitment to watch. We shall see. So many question marks as the season begins.

JK about meh. I am excited but trying not to have too high expectations. We did pay to stream games this season so made a commitment to watch. We shall see. So many question marks as the season begins.
Whatever happens, it won't be a total loss. At least Pats won the offseason. (Where have I heard that before?)

Who else is looking forward to the meltdowns in the GDT?

Who is Ashley going to kick out with her signature “goodbye”? Make your predictions.

I drank heavily last night in anticipation of going to bed early tonight. Gonna be like the night before Xmas!

I'll leave some milk and cookies out for Santa Belichick!

I feel like every year I say "I'm just really more stoked for this season than usual!"

Fo so many years, it seemed we went into the season more concerned about where the Pats would be seeded in the playoffs than whether they would make it or the actual games. Last year was a rebuilding year. This year we get to see a young QB hopefully mature and each week of the Patriots season mean something.

Last year was such a messed up year with no TB and covid I kind of punted, but, yeah I'm really excited for tomorrow and the whole year because I think Mac Jones is the real deal and can manage the offense like TB did from 2001-2004.

Looking forward to real games. Last year, regardless of the sport, they just seemed like video games with no one in the stands.

This is probably the most excited I've been about a Patriots season starting since 2016. The last few Brady years, despite the surprise 2018 championship, left a bad taste in my mouth with all the media-perpetuated drama. Last year was a nice reset, though Cam got so bad mid-late in the year that I stopped caring entirely. Looking forward to seeing if Mac can be the real deal, while watching a team that should, once gain, play fundimentally sound football.

I also want to put in a disclaimer. Don’t freak out if they lose and Jones looks bad. It’s only game 1. We have to be patient with Jones and the team. Not all rookie QBs hit the road running, it may take baby steps. Also, Lots of new pieces, the team may take a while to gel.

Fo so many years, it seemed we went into the season more concerned about where the Pats would be seeded in the playoffs than whether they would make it or the actual games. Last year was a rebuilding year. This year we get to see a young QB hopefully mature and each week of the Patriots season mean something.
The Pats season didn’t really start until the AFC championship game. This should be fun.

The food vendors, and people who own parking lots that sat empty last year...
Victor Rasuk Romance GIF by ABC Network

I’m 58 years old. I’m generally even keeled.
Is this the sweet spot between "Mid Life Crisis" and "Crotchety Old Man" ?

I’m 58 years old, so I’m generally even keeled. But for some reason, I’m really psyched about the 2021 season. I’m really psyched about game 1, I just feel the Pats have a good team.

Last year, even with Cam and the opt outs, I still thought the Pats could make the playoffs. But I never thought Cam would play so poorly (as a passer). I never saw only EIGHT TD passes all year coming. It has to be 30+ years since we had a QB(s) that threw single digit TD passes all year. And FFS, Cam threw 3 TD passes in the final game of the year vs the hapless Jets. So FIVE TD passes in 14 games. I don’t care how poor the weapons were, a decent QB can make things work and have at least 15 TD passes. The offense was just so dismal last year.

This year, I really feel Mac Jones is a natural for this offense, he just fits like a glove. And then the quality players brought in during free agency and an excellent draft. The additions/returns of Hightower & Van Noy, Judon, the TEs & receivers. I just feel this is a well built team. I feel after some adjustments to the NFL, Jones will make this offense run really well. TEs are a rookie QB’s best friend. And we signed two excellent ones. Jones has good chemistry with some of the weapons already.

I think a lot of teams will underestimate the Pats this year, it’s going to be an exciting year, I’m psyched big time.
I think as long as people have realistic expectations about Mac and realize that he is going to have ups and downs all should be good…..I expect BB to roll out the 2001-2004 Pats offense that he used with Tom starting out and with Cassel in 06’…..short dink and dunk passes, a lot of screens and slants….low risk….lean heavily on the run game and let your defense win the games…I think Mac will be a great QB here…..but it’s going to take some time and I hope people are patient with the kid

Nothing strange about that. I have been too ever since they named Mac Jones the starter and cut cam Newton.

It's exciting to see what the kid can do. And I think he's in a good situation to be successful. With the combination of coaching, Defense, running game, offensive line and receivers(tight ends, running backs, slot guys) that will make it easier for Mac Jones who by all intents and purposes seems like a smart player who knows where to go with the ball.

I’m 58 years old, so I’m generally even keeled. But for some reason, I’m really psyched about the 2021 season. I’m really psyched about game 1, I just feel the Pats have a good team.

Last year, even with Cam and the opt outs, I still thought the Pats could make the playoffs. But I never thought Cam would play so poorly (as a passer). I never saw only EIGHT TD passes all year coming. It has to be 30+ years since we had a QB(s) that threw single digit TD passes all year. And FFS, Cam threw 3 TD passes in the final game of the year vs the hapless Jets. So FIVE TD passes in 14 games. I don’t care how poor the weapons were, a decent QB can make things work and have at least 15 TD passes. The offense was just so dismal last year.

This year, I really feel Mac Jones is a natural for this offense, he just fits like a glove. And then the quality players brought in during free agency and an excellent draft. The additions/returns of Hightower & Van Noy, Judon, the TEs & receivers. I just feel this is a well built team. I feel after some adjustments to the NFL, Jones will make this offense run really well. TEs are a rookie QB’s best friend. And we signed two excellent ones. Jones has good chemistry with some of the weapons already.

I think a lot of teams will underestimate the Pats this year, it’s going to be an exciting year, I’m psyched big time.
I'm excited but not as much as I used to be when I was younger

I never liked Cam and was very disappointed when he came here. It got even worse when I saw him play and he ended up going after (and tying) Grogan's TD record.

As long as Jones isn't a bust I'll be happy. Just the fact that Bill gave him the QB job gives me hope.

Of course we all hope the Pats return to their glory years, but my championship grin isn't going away no matter how long it takes.

Agree. Most excited that I've been in a long time. By mid-season, other NFL teams are going to be cursing the string of events that led to Mac landing with the Pats.
That really is a fun thought. Keep your fingers crossed.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back