Who is in

• Hoyer

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • Zappe

Votes: 102 73.9%
  • Free Agent

Votes: 8 5.8%

• Total voters
Just FYI, I fractured my ankle last March, and they told me I'd be back running on it in 6-8 weeks. That's what it took. I still have occasional pain though. My ankle was so badly broken that my foot swelled up like a balloon, turned purple, and I had swelling and discoloration runnning up and down my lower leg.
Hope you're ok. Rehab rehab rehab. It sucks though.

Yea 6-8 weeks is a death sentence for this team imo. We're coming up on a tough stretch that would take our best football to come out ahead with or without Mac. GB, Bills X2, Fins, Lions, Vikings, Browns, Colts, Raiders, Cards, Bengals. Winnable games with Mac but they would be very tough. Without him everyone should get familiar with the draft forum.

We riot if we see Hoyer > Zappe. Hoyer has been done for years, multiple years. We just invested a pick in Zappe. Rookie or not give the kid a shot with a decent team around him. We're playing for a better pick if Mac is out more than a month either way. I'd at least like to see Zappe.
Hoyer is old news, we know what hes incapable of, so i'd like to see what Z can do.

Yep, the doctor's were pretty confident it would heal fast, and they were right. Break was underneath my ankle bone, a line fracture.

When I told them how I broke it, they said it's the most common way for people playing sports. I put a water bottle near my feet as I was playing catch with a softball. The ball was thrown well over my head, I jumped, caught it, landed on the water bottle. They told me people do this all the time. Volleyball spikers, basketball dunkers, football wide receivers, idiots all of us.
Wow… Did you also sprain or tear any ligaments? ….I could see that happening… Could definitely see that type of injury happening pretty frequently I would imagine in sports

Is it wrong that I think Mac Jones having a season ending injury that prevents him from having to deal with Patricia as his OC is a positive?
At a certain point, we gotta stop acting like Patricia is 100% of the problem.

Patricia isn't the reason Mac threw those interceptions.

Doesn’t matter. Hoyer couldn’t win on a stacked Texans team when he was there. Meanwhile there is no reason to think anything of Zappe besides usual fan desperation. Same reason people thought Stidham was the answer during the Cam Newton year.

Not at all, hes making piss poor reads and not only missing plays, but forcing ****. Hes regressed and has his confidence defeated

Zappe is no where near ready to come into this situation if Mac is down…. Let’s be realistic here… The bigger point is that Belichick would never put him in that situation… He wouldn’t even put Stidham in and he had several years in the system. Bill will be turning to Hoyer…. Mac is in my prayers….and if he is out….Hoyer is in the prayers as well!
You don't know that, let's be realistic. We've seen stranger things even if he gets hot for a game or two. Hoyer hasn't done **** in years. Years! We've seen young inexperienced QB's get hot. We haven't seen Hoyer make an impact since the Bush administration.

Also Bill was wrong for not playing Stidham. Even if he sucks you want to know. We ALREADY know what Hoyer is.

Either QB you're playing for better picks. I'd rather see the young QB than Hoyer who ****s himself every Sunday.

Patricia absolutely is the reason why they were even in that situation where Mac chucked the ball in the end zone. Then he called a first read jump ball play to a receiver who got completely beat by a CB and lost his entire route. Mac should have saw it, but bad coaching was a major issue in that entire sequence

You don't know that, let's be realistic. We've seen stranger things even if he gets hot for a game or two. Hoyer hasn't done **** in years. Years! We've seen young inexperienced QB's get hot. We haven't seen Hoyer make an impact since the Bush administration.

Also Bill was wrong for not playing Stidham. Even if he sucks you want to know. We ALREADY know what Hoyer is.

Either QB you're playing for better picks. I'd rather see the young QB than Hoyer who ****s himself every Sunday.
Bill wasn’t wrong. Stidham crapped the bed every time he touched the field and he’s basically a league wash out because nobody wants to touch him at this point.

You are just falling for the trap every team with uncertainty at QB does. Just because you don’t like what you see on the field doesn’t mean there is some magic guy on the bench that is the answer. It’s a desperation mindset. There is no reason to think Zappe is any better than what he’s already evaluated at.

You don’t need to throw someone out there “just to know” if you already think you know what he is. 99% of the time the team knows if they have someone on the depth chart or not. With Brady they knew they had some special talent there and Bledsoe being a franchise QB was the only issue. Same with the Chiefs, they knew Mahomes was awesome and just wanted to let him sit a bit before hand while a capable Smith kept things steady.

You don’t just put people out there that you think will fail and aren’t up to it.

Wow… Did you also sprain or tear any ligaments? ….I could see that happening… Could definitely see that type of injury happening pretty frequently I would imagine in sports
Yes, it was the ligaments running up my leg that caused all the discoloration and swelling

Zappe had 2 pretty horrible INTs during the preseason, while Hoyer took care of the ball (EDIT: he fumbled but it wasn't his fault - blind side strip sack). Y'all know what's coming "blah blah blah put in the person who helps us best win the game yadda yadda even though I know it's BS since we put in LJH for way more snaps over Bourne."

Last edited:
Doesn’t matter. Hoyer couldn’t win on a stacked Texans team when he was there. Meanwhile there is no reason to think anything of Zappe besides usual fan desperation. Same reason people thought Stidham was the answer during the Cam Newton year.
Hoyer had a better win% as a starting QB for the Texans than Deshawn. He was actually 15-11 as a starting QB overall at one point in his career.

Team has to go with Hoyer until there is little hope for the playoffs ... should that scenario happen.

Zappe showed nothing to indicate that he's even a backup level QB in the NFL. So, unless the team decides to tank, going to Zappe doesn't make any sense.

X-rays are negative.

Might miss at most just 1 week. Doubt he will play well against the Packers

Team has to go with Hoyer until there is little hope for the playoffs ... should that scenario happen.

Patriots are going to be 1-3 after next week and I think at that point there is probably a little hope for the playoffs.

I just don't see the benefit of playing Hoyer.

Hoyer has a career sub 60% comp%, sub 6.00 any/a, hasn't won a game since 2016. If that's the best option you're playing for #1 pick with him. Which really isn't a bad thing. Anyone want to have a party over 7-8 wins?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back