SOURCE:NESN

SOURCE:NESN

SOURCE:WEEI

SOURCE:Boston Sports Journal

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Who do the Pats select with the 23rd overall pick?

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by TommyBrady12, Jan 4, 2020.

1. patsfanfromoversea

patsfanfromoversea Rookie

Ratings:
    +23
    I agree with the most of your points, especially last draft and lack of explosiveness, but I can Imagine that a wr we like falls out the first, because of the depth at this class and would trade down for him and a olb or disruptor in the interior.
    I would also go for a good O-Line. This must be the foundation for a good offense next year to protect brady and run the football which could keep our defense of the field who could be worse next year than this year, if we can‘t resign our FA‘s.
    I hope as you said that we are going for a Pass catching TE in the third at least and one blocking TE in the later.
    But honestly I expext Bill to go for at least two defense Player before round 4. He will go for a true run stopper I think

Edit
    In the latest CBS Mock Draft by Will Brinson (sth like that) we traded our First round for OBJ

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  2. scott99

scott99 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +5,577
    I would LOVE that, but no way can we fit Brady, OBJ and our other FAs under the cap. The WR position will have to be addressed with a cheap FA and draft picks. It CAN be done, if Belichick had just double dipped at WR, our offense might've been more explosive and less predictable. Instead, had to grab two UDRFA receivers to go along with Harry. Not holding out hope for Gunner O. or Jacoby Myers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. patsfanfromoversea

patsfanfromoversea Rookie

Ratings:
    +23
    Yeah i also don‘t think that this is possible but it would be a really nice use of our first round pick;)
    Just maybe if thuney van noy collins DMac are gone and other holes are adressed with rookies or very cheap FA‘s but BB won‘t sacrifice our defense for this. I would be also satisfied with a combination of Reagor/Aiyuk; Parkinson/Trautman and a FA at TE and big sized O-Line Guys

• Like Like x 1
  4. captain stone

captain stone Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +8,986
    Depends on how the first month of free agency shakes out regarding our losses and additions...

...But unless a top-12-caliber talent falls to 23, then I want Notre Dame TE Cole Kmet as Part One of a TE double-dip, with a bruiser like Devin Asiasi or Thad son of randy Moss as Part Two during Day 3.

Edit: If Paddy Chung and both Devin & Jason McCourty are all no longer in the 2020 plans, then Alabama FS Xavier McKinney jumps to the top of the list.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020 at 6:25 PM
  5. supafly

supafly James White pays me for shoutouts PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +24,653
    Or LSU safety Grant Delpit.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3,072
    watch McKinney get roasted alive (repeatedly) by burrows of LSU and maybe should pass on McKinney. He is not nearly the player Fitzpatrick was coming out of college!

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7,876
    6-6 310 OT Austin Jackson from USC should be on the board at 23. Athletic and quick.

8. miloofcroton

miloofcroton On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +420
    Forgive me for asking such a dumb question, but I haven't been following this stuff lately...

Is there a consensus on the biggest needs leading up to the draft and FA? Obviously, you look for value, but need always plays some role.

Do you think the Pats will double down on defense or look to shore up the offense?

9. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +20,339
    The consensus is that NE needs to add weapons on offense in the baddest possible way, whether that's through the draft or FA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. miloofcroton

miloofcroton On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +420
    Tough call then. Who knows what the offense will look like if Brady doesn't come back.

I personally think they need to get back to running base personnel and under center formations more. Take the pressure off the QB. That sort of change affects what type of skill position players you look for though.

11. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3,072
    Who has the bigger year 2 leap, regardless of who is quarterbacking the patriots, Myers or Harry?

12. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13,511
    Or maybe they don't waste money on AB and then trade away Demaryius Thomas. . . .

13. JerseyShore99

JerseyShore99 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +355
    If it isn't Harry, there's a major issue
    I'm not an AB defender, and I was sad to see DT go initially, but he seems washed as can be, wouldn't have made a difference in NE in '19...I think the gamble on AB was worth it over a solid #4 WR