PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do the Pats select with the 23rd overall pick?

With the amount of holes they will probably have to trade down.

Not necessarily. We’re gonna get the most comp picks of any team.

So we got three third rounders. 1 original pick and 2 comps. So we can get depth through there if we wanted too.

There’s no real #1 TE prospect this year unlike last year but there will be value in later rounds, again it depends who declares.

I’d love to get some speed on the outside, ideally if he fell to us I’d take Ruggs from Bama but he will and should destroy the combine and may even be the first guy taken due to his speed, he’s 4.2 speed..

Another option would be Ceedee Lamb, he’s got the size and he’s quick enough to demand respect plus his catch radius is huge.

Jeudy is the number 1 guy, he should be the first off the board but depends if teams fall in love with Ruggs more due to his speed. he’s an unbelievable route runner. Reminds me of Keenan Allen with some of his routes.

I’d love to get a speed guy just so defences put more respect on us which will open the underneath up for Sanu and Jules.

From a defensive perspective one guy we should keep our eyes on is Grant Delpit, is your typical single high safety but can also play in the box. He needs to work on wrapping his tackles rather than trying to smash the life out of someone but that’s a fixable issue.

There’s lots of options for us to consider but it depends if Brady is back and what we do in FA.

If we somehow manage to grab Eric Ebron then TE becomes less of an issue but again depends on $$.

Our draft position is set... #23

whats the biggest need?

qb? dt? ol/ot? wr? te?

Some JAG from Rutgers

Strong safety ? BB often drafts positions that don’t break the bank high picks.

would love a big run stuffing defensive tackle ... but thats just me...

the dbacks could need work ... im thinking at least one of the twins wont be back next year

DL, S, LB, OL, in that order. TE and WR are priorities but better addressed via FA, in my opinion. If there’s a can’t-miss TE available then snag him.

OL could vault up ahead of S if Andrews’ career is over.

IMO any OL or DL. Need to win the trenches.

Our draft position is set... #23

whats the biggest need?

qb? dt? ol/ot? wr? te?
We will trade down we don’t have a second round pick we have Sanu though.

Trade it to Seattle for Hollister :D

We will trade down we don’t have a second round pick we have Sanu though.
The only salvagable thing out of this mess is that our #1 is high enough that we probably can recoup a #2 with a trade down. The one good thing Bill does in the draft is his trades.

I don't really care who we draft, our drafting has been so awful for so long I'm not sure it matters.

This is going to get moved to the draft forum

Who do you like for the Pats to take at QB? What are your thoughts about Fromm or Love?
Yes on Love. No on Fromm in terms of an early pick. He didn't help himself at all this year. Love was bad at times too but has some legit excuses & a ton of tools. Fromm regressed big time in a much better situation.

Pats have had the 23rd pick 5 times

Isaiah Wynn, 2018
Ty Law, 1995
Bruce Armstrong, 1987
Jim Whalen, 1965
Bob Vogel, 1963

3 OTs, 1 DB, 1 TE ... Bob Vogel never played for the Pats though ...

Roger may have the last word on this pick.

This is going to get moved to the draft forum

if they mods move it, they move it ... but i'm sure folks are curious where we are drafting in 2020, so i thought this was a good spot for it

If only we had a special part of this forum to discuss the NFL/Patriots draft ...

giphy.gif

If there's a blue chip TE available I'd want that. If not go bpa other than cb/rb(mostly set there) or wr( undoubtedly we’ll take the wrong one).

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back