PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are you and what have you done with our beloved patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This team is completely healthy. Normally when we start losing, it’s because someone is injured but nope we have everyone healthy who’s gotten us to a super bowl in the past. They have so much potential but have not fired on all cylinders at all this year. Maybe Houston wins out and we have to host a wild card game and get bounced like 09 and never get to firing on all cylinders. Maybe Houston loses at Philly and we beat buf and NYJ and the demise is exaggerated just like 2014. Who knows. Normally we have these issues worked out. Now it’s all about wait and see.

Fans of the 70s Steelers, 80s Niners, 90s Cowboys all thought it would last forever too.

The Patriots problem is the drafting has been brutal, you have zero pro bowl level players under 30, there's no gamebreakers on this roster anymore.

There's no one special.

How about there are some other really good teams out there with lots of talent.
We're still in the hunt ... we just have to play more perfect than in some other past campaigns.
I think more inventive use of out RB's will be the key to offensive success.

When I say RB's I mean both running and receiving ... Patterson included.
We have 2 games to open the playbook with our RB group.
Success there ... and consistent success will create some more room for our receivers.

If I have any complaint with the team - and I'm not one to complain.
It's that on offense we tend to consistently be too predictable.
We have lots of talent on offense and we have a very mobile offensive line that can be better utilized.
Brady is consistently looking at well covered receivers ... seems our opponents are in our playbook.

Fans of the 70s Steelers, 80s Niners, 90s Cowboys all thought it would last forever too.

The Patriots problem is the drafting has been brutal, you have zero pro bowl level players under 30, there's no gamebreakers on this roster anymore.

There's no one special.
This. The roster is pretty bad. Old and slow.

There's no one special.

Except for our 28 year old cornerback who today was announced as making the pro bowl.:rolleyes:

Except for our 28 year old cornerback who today was announced as making the pro bowl.:rolleyes:

A huge high priced free agent.

No talent has been drafted in the past 3 years and Gilmore is slightly overrated and looks better because why would you throw at him when you can run for 9 yards a pop and you have linebackers who can't cover.

It's not really. Relative to the rest of the league it's pretty good.

LMAO delusion.

It's trash, compared to who is it good? The Raiders?

This roster has less talent than teams like the Titans and Colts who are in a rebuild, this team should be loaded to max the last years of Brady and it could be the least talented most unathletic roster in the playoffs.

Nobody on the Pats can run, there's no speed.

This team is completely healthy. Normally when we start losing, it’s because someone is injured but nope we have everyone healthy who’s gotten us to a super bowl in the past. They have so much potential but have not fired on all cylinders at all this year. Maybe Houston wins out and we have to host a wild card game and get bounced like 09 and never get to firing on all cylinders. Maybe Houston loses at Philly and we beat buf and NYJ and the demise is exaggerated just like 2014. Who knows. Normally we have these issues worked out. Now it’s all about wait and see.

Why are you so fascinated with the 2009 team???

Game Day Thread - Official Game Day Thread Week 15 - Pats @ Steelers

Game Day Thread - Official Game Day Thread Week 7 Pats @ Bears

Bill Belichick

LMAO delusion.

This roster has less talent than teams like the Titans and Colts who are in a rebuild, this team should be loaded to max the last years of Brady and it could be the least talented most unathletic roster in the playoffs.

The offense has speed, quickness, size and talent. Anyone who doesn't think so hasn't been watching.

Defense has one of the better secondaries in the league.

The front six has been poor. No doubt but this team can and has beaten some of the top teams in the league. They will have to keep scheming their way through. Amoeba defense, stunts, blitzes or whatever.

There are only possibly two complete teams in the league. The rest have flaws. The Patriots have health and are no more flawed than the rest.

How about there are some other really good teams out there with lots of talent.
We're still in the hunt ... we just have to play more perfect than in some other past campaigns.
I think more inventive use of out RB's will be the key to offensive success.

When I say RB's I mean both running and receiving ... Patterson included.
We have 2 games to open the playbook with our RB group.
Success there ... and consistent success will create some more room for our receivers.

If I have any complaint with the team - and I'm not one to complain.
It's that on offense we tend to consistently be too predictable.
We have lots of talent on offense and we have a very mobile offensive line that can be better utilized.
Brady is consistently looking at well covered receivers ... seems our opponents are in our playbook.
It's difficult to fathom why McDaniels was begged to stay. For this? To run a screen to a thirty-two-year-old wideout on third-and-four? To throw twice at your best WR in the entirety of a pivotal game? I really think half the OCs in the league, were they given Brady, Gordon, White, Michel, Patterson, and Edelman, could get better results; I would venture that there are more than a couple that would get dramatically better results.

LMAO delusion.

They're about to win the division and make the playoffs, your comparing them to great, past Pat's teams and that's unrealistic, perspective buddy.

Bill and the ole proverbial, let his toe nails go too long before a trim and everyone noticed, situation.

Hopefully he can make it to the medicine cabinet and get 10 clean clips before the guests arrive.

We will see if he has what it takes.

Ok. I have a question for the "oh my God the Pats suck" crew. Name 4 teams you would put money on to beat the Pats.

Name four teams that you would put 10 grand on because you are so sure they would beat the Pats.

You can't. Because there isn't four teams in the league that could beat the Pats convincingly or at least are so much better than the Pats that you would put money down on it.

So what do we have here? A bunch of "oh my God the Pats suck" crowd ignoring the state of the rest of the league and focusing on the two last losses as though it was some kind of barometer of the rest of the season.

Who thinks they could have won both the games in Miami and in Pittsburgh? Most do. So WTF are we talking about?

I'll tell you what we are talking about. A bunch of "Brady cliff" sympathizers feeling like today is the day.

Watch the film. Watch Brady. Watch the receivers. Watch the Secondary. You'll see that this is still a damn good team. It really can make it to the AFCCG and it can make it to the Super Bowl.

The Chargers are the team to beat right now in the AFC. Saints, Cowboys are the teams to beat in the NFC.

The Pats have their health and could beat anyone if they put up a complete game.

So after a couple of bad games the shytheads have come out of the woodwork.

People call me delusional and never look at the tape. GFY. The tape shows otherwise.

Ok. I have a question for the "oh my God the Pats suck" crew. Name 4 teams you would put money on to beat the Pats.

Name four teams that you would put 10 grand on because you are so sure they would beat the Pats.

You can't. Because there isn't four teams in the league that could beat the Pats convincingly or at least are so much better than the Pats that you would put money down on it.

So what do we have here? A bunch of "oh my God the Pats suck" crowd ignoring the state of the rest of the league and focusing on the two last losses as though it was some kind of barometer of the rest of the season.

Who thinks they could have won both the games in Miami and in Pittsburgh? Most do. So WTF are we talking about?

I'll tell you what we are talking about. A bunch of "Brady cliff" sympathizers feeling like today is the day.

Watch the film. Watch Brady. Watch the receivers. Watch the Secondary. You'll see that this is still a damn good team. It really can make it to the AFCCG and it can make it to the Super Bowl.

The Chargers are the team to beat right now in the AFC. Saints, Cowboys are the teams to beat in the NFC.

The Pats have their health and could beat anyone if they put up a complete game.

So after a couple of bad games the shytheads have come out of the woodwork.

People call me delusional and never look at the tape. GFY. The tape shows otherwise.

The scariest team is the one in the mirror..they beat themselves. This sucks the most , that an underachieving cast can crap themselves at times during games when you expect better coaching would have them playing better. Like right now.. December. Wakey wakey.o_O beatch slaps.. :p the time is upon you.. let's f'n GGGOOOOOO.!!!!!

A huge high priced free agent.

No talent has been drafted in the past 3 years and Gilmore is slightly overrated and looks better because why would you throw at him when you can run for 9 yards a pop and you have linebackers who can't cover.
Eh, that argument makes sense on the surface (kind of similar point to the Nnamdi Asomugha in his prime on the Raiders where QBs wouldn't even bother looking his way and therefore wouldn't get tested (not saying that Gilmore is on the level of "Raider-days Nnamdi" ) ) but he has been thrown at, and his technique has been awesome, especially on that pass break up on what I think was a slant route against Steelers.

Another thread that descends into the predictable Patriots suckfest... some of us consider themselves lucky to have watched this great run.

Then there are the complaints about the drafting... comparing the Pats draft to how other teams have fared is folly, I know some teams have had some really great picks after the Pats.. but some of their draft woes are because the pick so late, because they are that good.. then there are the ones who Goodell stole from us. The lowest draft pick in the past 10 years is #17 once, 4 picks on the 20's.. the rest are at the end of the first round or higher (much higher)...

2009.. Draft picks 34 & 40
2010.. 27 & 42 (McCourty and Gronk really great year)
2011.. 17 & 33
2012.. 21 & 25
2013.. 52 & 59
2014.. 29 & 62
2015.. 32 & 64
2016.. 60 & 78
2017.. 83 & 85
2018.. 23 & 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes