PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which teams are you rooting for?

I am not rooting for anyone. I am totally uninvested in who wins the Super Bowl this year. I will be happy for Brady if he wins again, but I am not rooting for the Bucs. I typically do not root for anyone if the Pats are not in the running anymore unless I hate a team and I will root for the team they are playing. But it is more rooting against a team rather than for a team.

Last year was the exception when I did root for the Bucs. This year though, I am not taking the stance. Nothing against Tom or the Bucs. Again, if Tom wins again, I will be happy for him. But I am a Pats fan and not a Bucs fan. And Tom is a Buc, not a Patriot. Last year the Pats sucked and I was not as invested in the season. This year was different.

Teams I am rooting against are KC, the Bills, and Packers.

Last edited:
Which team shall I root for? Hmmm...

AFC:

Chiefs: No way.
Titans: Yes. I like Vrabel a lot. Look at what he did this year, keeping that team together.
Bills: A division opponent? I can't do it. Although I wouldn't mind seeing them make the SB and losing. ;)
Cincy: I don't hate Cincy, but I don't really care whether they win or lose.

So in the AFC, Tennessee.

NFC:

SF: Probably not. I like Jimmy, but he's an injury and a choke play waiting to happen. I'm so glad the Pats went the Mac route.
Arizona/LA: No, and no.
Green Bay: Hell no.
Tommy Bay: This year, unlike last, I've been all Pats. But Pats are done, and I love TB...

So in the NFC, I guess I'm a Gronkaneer. :)

Tennessee and gb

Jimmy to meet Tom in the NFCCG.

I’ll go with the Bengals to beat Tenn. Tenn is the worst #1 seed since their 2008 team.

Chiefs to beat the Bengals.

I want to see the first Super Bowl rematch since the Cowboys-Bills.

Tom to win the Super Bowl again and the board having a meltdown.
Wasn't Pats-Rams a rematch????

Maybe I'm evil but I'd like to see Buf make the Super Bowl and lose on a last second field goal that goes "wide left"... Ooh so close but nope......

Which team shall I root for? Hmmm...

AFC:

Chiefs: No way.
Titans: Yes. I like Vrabel a lot. Look at what he did this year, keeping that team together.
Bills: A division opponent? I can't do it. Although I wouldn't mind seeing them make the SB and losing. ;)
Cincy: I don't hate Cincy, but I don't really care whether they win or lose.

So in the AFC, Tennessee.

NFC:

SF: Probably not. I like Jimmy, but he's an injury and a choke play waiting to happen. I'm so glad the Pats went the Mac route.
Arizona/LA: No, and no.
Green Bay: Hell no.
Tommy Bay: This year, unlike last, I've been all Pats. But Pats are done, and I love TB...

So in the NFC, I guess I'm a Gronkaneer. :)
JG at points looks like an all pro at other times, you are scared to death for him to throw the ball. We were pulling for the niners at the house here because F the cowboys, and the last few drives, you are just cringing everytime he throws the ball. Its weird because when they are behind, he makes good plays, when they are ahead, he does bonehead things.

Maybe I'm evil but I'd like to see Buf make the Super Bowl and lose on a last second field goal that goes "wide left"... Ooh so close but nope......
Nothing evil about that. Buffalo has not won **** ever, so I never really got a taste of the bills fans....wow, they are right up there with eagle fans and chief fans for the biggest assholes ever

Niners - Titans. And its not close. Love Vrabel's team-building and love the way the Niners play. Deebo Samuel is a blast to watch and he seems like a good dude, too. And I like Jimmy, always have.

I'd be happy for Brady if he won another, but then this board would be insufferable again next year.

AFC: Titans and Bengals.

NFC: Bucs and 49ers.

Bucs: for Tommy
Titans: for Mikey
Niners: for Jimmy

if the Pats can’t win it I’ll root for my favorite ex-Pats

I agree with this. I was rooting for him to win last year and certainly wouldn’t mind seeing him win again, but it’s not like he’s my dad or something
I wish he was my dad. I would be driving around in my sports car not giving a **** about football. lol Its odd that a team has to have your dad on it for you to root for them. :p

Bucs: for Tommy
Titans: for Mikey
Niners: for Jimmy

if the Pats can’t win it I’ll root for my favorite ex-Pats
It is nice to have 2 Pats QBs still alive - faces we know, at least.

Tampa Bay has such a classic Pats infusion that with the Pats gone, it's fun to play make-believe.

I've always been a fan of the Loser Theory of Why We're Good Even Though We're Not... If you are beat down by the absolute best, you still might be good. So I can sort of root for the Bills on that premise.

As I still get laid somewhat regularly, and I don’t take the business decisions that celebrity football players make personally, I will be rooting for the Bucs the rest of the way. The fact that jizz isn’t backed up to my eyeballs, combined with the memories both Brady and Gronk gave us, make this an easy decision.

Go Bucs.

^^^^

If they get eliminated? Cards (assuming they win tonight), Niners, or Tits.

That doesn’t make you evil. That makes you human.

1) Bildos
2) Bungles
3) Ten Tits
4) Golden Gate Street Crappers
5) Tundra NoVaxers
6) LA Crime Waves
7) Glendale Dwarfs
8) KC Queefs
9) Tompa Carpetbaggers

1.Tom Brady
2. Any
3. Body
4. But
5. Aaron Rodgers.

TB of course.

If not and this might be unpopular but Bills. Josh Allen is easy to like. Will be cool to see them finally get over the hump and it's going to be fun to see a new and improved Patriots team try to knock them off in the coming years.

Also a good sign for us because I really think right now we are what the Buffalo Bills were at the very beginning of the McDermott era, a team that tried to win mostly on running and defense. 2-3 years away from real contention which sounds about right for us. If they can become a Super Bowl contending team in a short period of time then there's no reason that we can't do the same.

TB of course.

If not and this might be unpopular but Bills. Josh Allen is easy to like. Will be cool to see them finally get over the hump and it's going to be fun to see a new and improved Patriots team try to knock them off in the coming years.

Also a good sign for us because I really think right now we are what the Buffalo Bills were at the very beginning of the McDermott era, a team that tried to win mostly on running and defense. 2-3 years away from real contention which sounds about right for us. If they can become a Super Bowl contending team in a short period of time then there's no reason that we can't do the same.
I agree with you on the Bills.

Still hoping for the Titans because Vrabel's one of my all-time favorite Pats. Would love to see those two teams in the AFCCG.

And yes, Bills fans are insufferable - as are the fans of any team, us included, who are finally, finally, getting out of a lifelong drought. Say what you want about them, but they go to those games, they bleed for the team (literally, because, well, they've got their share of idiots), and the old-school Bills fans know football as well as any. They're going to be contenders for a few years if Allen doesn't get hurt - I wouldn't mind seeing them get a ring.

Reactions: sb1

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back