PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which teams are you rooting for?

Tampa. Now that we are out, I have no problem just bandwagoning on my favorite player who more than anyone for our franchise. I'll be happy for any success he has. I can also be happy for Vrabel, Stafford and the Bengals fanbase

Screw the Bills and screw the Packers.

Pats fans have plenty to appreciate about Brady. Are we supposed to forget about him?
I'm sure he appreciated you cheering for him for 2 decades. Im sure he appreciated taking money out of your pocket for 2 decades buying his jerseys yiyo.

he forgot about you.

Thing is, its okay to move on. I don't feel the need to be tied to his apron strings for the rest of my life just because he won a lot of football games.

You want to root for him while he's wearing another teams uniform? I'm glad that works for you.

But it doesn't work for me. I don't want to root for the buccaneers. My opinion only - quite frankly I'm tired of posters here trying to shovel this "you owe him because he won here" screed down every ones throat. That's bullsht. I don't owe Tom Brady anything just like Tom Brady doesn't owe me anything.

those who push that narrative are toxic in this fan base ... and they have done nothing but foment arguments for two years now. Its sad.

Last edited:
I'm sure he appreciated you cheering for him for 2 decades. Im sure he appreciated taking money out of your pocket for 2 decades buying his jersies yiyo.

he forgot about you.

Thing is, its okay to move on. I don't feel the need to be tied to his apron strings for the rest of my life just because he won a lot of football games.

You want to root for him while he's wearing another teams uniform? Im glad that works for you.

But it doesn't work for me. I don't want to root for the buccaneers. My opinion only - quite frankly Im tried of posters here trying to shovel this "you owe him because he won here" screed down every ones throat. Thats bullsht. I dont owe Tom Brady anything just like Tom Brady doesn't owe me anything.

those who push that narrative are toxic in this fanbase ... and they have done nothing but foment arguments for two years now. Its sad.
this.

Nah. You’re supposed to forget that most of the “anybody but Tampa” posters said Brady was cooked in 2019, and have been hilariously wrong since then. He won a Super Bowl and followed that up with 5,300 passing yards and a 43:12 TD:INT ratio en route to, once again, advancing further into the postseason than the Pats.

We can have that conversation, though. The posts are easily to narrow down and find. Who wants to have that conversation?
I wasn’t even an active poster in 2019, but I’ve been around the block and I guarantee on a blind guess that there’s a lot of cross over between them and the rumbling about him being finished through the first few weeks of 2014, and honestly even before (2013 season where all the injuries were his fault and he was a “robotic quarterback” that didn’t make reads after the snap.

This **** has been going on awhile. How many Felger & Mazz trolls were there around here after Welker bounced and Hernandez got arrested and Gronk was hurt it was a ****ing scratch-and-claw battle to stay “The Patriots” in the AFC amid preposterous GOAT coronation rose parades for Peyton Manning?

Literally **** Tom Brady haters. The “reason” is just whatever is most easy to sell at whatever point in time. Now it’s just an easy one — He plays for another team.

Last edited:
Brady or Rodgers..

Will always have a soft spot for the 49ers from my youth, so I'm going with them. Maybe Titans, too. If the Patriots didn't just lay down like at the Siege of Charleston, I'd maybe root for the Bills, but F those guys right now. Maybe I'll change my mind in a few weeks. Was very easy to root for Brady last year, but having trouble doing so this year.

I really don’t understand how there’s so few people that understand that Tom continuing to dominate in the NFC enhances the historic nature of the Patriot dynasty.

One Super Bowl victory for another team, in another conference, put to bed all the #MediaGate’s forever. It literally eliminated your asterisk.

Not trying to turn this into a Tom Brady thread but it’s honestly mind boggling to me how so many New Englanders don’t understand this.

Bucs and the 49ers are the only two times I'd like to see win. I'd be indifferent about the Bengals winning but better than the others. But that's all.

I'm going to do what I almost always do when the Pats make an early exit:

1) Decide which team, if either, is for me the lesser evil, at which point I proceed to...
2) Check score roughly mid 4th quarter
3) If lesser evil is ahead, turn on TV for a dose of schadenfreude to hold me over to the draft! :haha:

Otherwise I'll just ignore the whole damn thing.

I thought my grandmother was a wonderful person who had an impact on my life. I didn’t forget her. Having said that, I don’t want to marry her.

I love my children. But they are fallible. I love them, I’m not IN love with them.
My grandmothers were also wonderful and I wouldn't have pulled the plug on them 2+ years too soon.

I also love my children and wouldn't think of sending them to live with someone else.

I thought my grandmother was a wonderful person who had an impact on my life. I didn’t forget her. Having said that, I don’t want to marry her.

I love my children. But they are fallible. I love them, I’m not IN love with them.
You’re thinking too deeply about this. This is football.

Tampa Bay, Titans, S.F., Cincy

Well, I guess I can’t root for Tennessee and Cindy when they are playing each other, so Tennessee it is. Overall this is a strong weekend of playoff football, the GB-S.F. Game looks like the weakest of the four.

You’re thinking too deeply about this. This is football.
For you and I, yes. Not for some. That is my point.
This is football.
But to read some posters it's adulation and true love always and always like Jack off the Titanic sinking to the bottom of the Atlantic.
(for example, read the post just on top of yours...)

"your" asterisk ....

Kinda says it all right there...
No, it doesn’t. You’re reaching. I guess that’s all you have.
If anything “says it all”, it’s that you’ve resorted to acting like a boomer politician.

“Whoa. Sound byte. That says it all folks.

We got ‘em.”

Last edited:
From here on in?

I like the bengals/bungles. Bills some. In the nfc, the bucs, rams maybe.

Don't like
Chiefs
Green bum
Dallas
Steelers
Titans
Jimmy G

None ... it is way more enjoyable to watch a game and appreciate the plays and the dedication and hunger ... regardless of winner ... I enjoy the game ... not the teams ... outside of the Patriots.

No, it doesn’t. You’re reaching. I guess that’s all you have.
If anything “says it all”, it’s that you’ve resorted to acting like a boomer politician.

“Whoa. Sound byte. That says it all folks.

We got ‘em.”
1642641786686.png

Not interested as much since my Patriots are out. As long as is not the Packers and Chiefs I’m okay with the other teams winning it all.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back