PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Super Bowls did you skip?

Involuntarily couldn't watch Super Bowl 31 Pats/Packers and the only Super Bowl I haven't watched since watching football during the 90's Cowboys dynasty. I was 14 years old at the time on a skiing trip with my friends and found out the cabin had no TV, so I had my parents tape it. The next morning, a tree feel into the living room.

It is the big dance and finale to the season so I always watch despite the lateness of the hour. When Patriots are not a participant, obviously my interest wanes considerably in the outcome.
So on the Emerald Isle it's a 12:30am kickoff?

They came to life because Manning figured out the Pats couldn't defend a TE to save their life. In fact, every TE on the roster caught passes that day and Bill couldn't do a damn thing to stop it. The CB's in that game had very little to do with the outcome. Ty Law would've been useful the year prior where Jake Plummer was taking deep shots and completing them two games in a row. However, Tom Brady could not figure out that crappy defense the Broncos ran that was destroyed one week later by a 2nd year QB.
Well has anything changed today in defending the TE? LOL And I believe the CBs had everything to do with it.. in the second half..idk about you but I'd rather have ty law resigned in 05 so my lockdown corner would be under contract.. and likely available that game to erase wayne or harrisson..

However all in all we had a phenomenal defense that season... just like 2022 we couldn't defend elite WRs.. or TEs..

Yeah Denver and that Shanahan offense was always problematic for us.. they beat us in the divisional round, and then came to Foxborough and beat us again with the likes of Doug Gabriel at WR.. but your right, our defensive mastermind still can't figure out how to slow a TEs.. I'm rambling a bit ,but if you remember Brandon browner he was a big CB he actually was great on TEs for us.

The one last night. I neither like KC or Philly.

Curious to see if anyone in here was as bitter as I was after the Patriots got knocked out of the playoffs and didn't bother watching the Super Bowl. We had a couple where we went out to dinner and the restaurants were essentially empty, which was sort of crazy but my family and I actually had a decent time on the times where we ended up doing that.

I didn't watch either of the Super Bowls following the losses to Manning in the AFC Championship games (both with Indianapolis and with Denver). And I skipped the one after the AFC Championship loss to Baltimore. Losing to Manning was irritating because that was right at the height of Brady/Manning and seeing Manning potentially go on to win was something I didn't want to spend time witnessing.

So I'm curious to hear if anyone else if I'm the only one who has skipped any of the games the Patriots weren't in for similar reasons.
This is the first SB that I ever skipped and I'll never watch another. Not that they care, but the NYFL has lost me for good.

I did check the score this morning though and, lo and behold, I hit a SB square for $2250 with 4-4 in the 2nd quarter. I've hit those fairly often over the years.

Last edited:
How many here were around when 1st SB played? I was. In 4 years, that game changed the league. For the better too.
I remember it like it was yesterday. The NYFL seems to have adopted the old AFL style of football in spite of trashing them in the beginning and avoiding them like the plague. Now the AFC rules the NFC and has forever.

I've skipped every one not involving the Pats. Not staying up overnight for anyone other than the Pats.

My team didn't play in 80% of Superbowls over my life (10/49), but I watched them all....for the first 3-4 or so....I was probably in a crib with a pacifier but the game was definitely on TV.

I cannot miss the LAST game of the season....I have no meaningful games now for 31 weeks and 3 days...(6 days for the Pats opener)

I didn't watch the game

This was actually the first superbowl since the early 90s that I didn't fully watch.. watched some of first half, the halftime show.. drove home and missed the third qtr and watched the last 5 minutes or so.. hard to care much when I hate both teams ha

I missed the Denver - Green Bay game after getting a nasty stomach bug the night before moving back into my college dorm.

I also missed the Denver - Carolina game after a stomach bug. Well, I watched about half the second quarter, and determined the game was going to be intolerably crappy so I gave up and went to bed.

Seems I can't stomach Denver winning Super Bowls.

I skipped Pittsburgh - Dallas back in the 90's because eff that.

The Baltimore - San Francisco game, I don't even think I checked the final score of that one. I just heard about it the next day. Had no interest whatsoever.

I missed Super Bowl XLI. I was working a trade show in Atlantic City and I loaded my van with about $50k worth of equipment and I wasn't going to leave it unattended overnight in Atlantic City. So I drove home that night and couldn't get the game for most of the way.

I have not missed a single Super Bowl.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back