PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which school will we double dip our drafting stick into??

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which school are we eye f'n draft weekend??

• Michigan

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Alabama

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • SDST

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • PSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minnesota

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Georgia

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Houston

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Clemson

• NDST

• Total voters
Arizona State has a bunch of day 3 candidates that all seem to fit a Patriots profile, and we know Belichick is close with both their current and former head coaches.

RB Rachaad White is an athletic RB with receiving experience. OT Kellen Diesch is tall and athletic but skinny with short arms. Dohnovan West is a center with experience at both guard spots. CB Chase Lucas is a five season, 49 game starter with slot versatility. D.J. Davidson is one of a handful of late round NT options. Tyler Johnson is a 6'4", 280 pound jumbo end with 34.5 inch arms. Darien Butler is a miniature LB who was a captain and played on special teams. CB Jack Jones has a bunch of character red flags, but he consistently got his hands on the football.

They seem to have gotten good use out of the extra covid year eligibility, because a bunch of these guys are old. Diesch, Davidson, Lucas, and Jones are 4 of the 50 players listed in Bruger's draft guide as being at least 24 years old already. Lucas, in particular, is 9 months older than childhood friend, ASU teammate, and three year NFL veteran N'Keal Harry.

(Bernhard Raimann, Devonte Wyatt, Phidarian Mathis, and Josh Jobe are some of the other notable 24 year olds.)

Last edited:
I would be very concerned about Pickens. It is really sad that a kid with so much raw talent is such a hot head and can't seem to control himself. He was ejected from a game against GT when they were up about 50 points for throwing punches! I mean seriously who does that? He also cost his team a huge penalty against TENN is a very close game by picking up a water bottle and spraying the water in a defenders face.
Of course he didn't play much last year due to injury and these events happened the year before, so maybe he has matured. Maybe the injury and time away will help him grow up.
He was close to being a Bama boy before Saban gave up on him.

My vote was #21 for Georgia!

#21 Pick = Vince Wilfork = Jordan Davis!!!

LFG!!!

He was close to being a Bama boy before Saban gave up on him.
That is true, he is from Montgomery AL. I am not sure he would have lasted at Bama, Saban runs a really tight ship and doesn't put up with that ME ME ME type stuff, that is why he kicked off a 5* WR from the team this spring.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back