PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which school will we double dip our drafting stick into??

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which school are we eye f'n draft weekend??

• Michigan

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Alabama

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • SDST

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • PSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minnesota

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Georgia

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Houston

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Clemson

• NDST

• Total voters

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The NEP have drafted teammates 14-15 times during Bill's tenure. I believe Buffalo has done this about 8 times (they love FSU prospects), jete about 6, Miami 5, during the same time period.

Which two are we drafting this year?

Only listing a few names here ...

SDST - Cameron Thomas, Daniel Bellinger,
Matt Araiza, William Dunkle

Georgia - everyone

Michigan - Dax Hill, Vincent Gray, Christopher Hinton, Andrew Stueber,

Clemson - Booth, Ross

NDST - Watson, Cordell Volson

PSU - Brisker, Smith, Ebiketie, Walker

Alabama - Alabama

Minnesota - Mafe, Faalele

Houston - Hall & Marcus Jones

Or another team?

I know other teams do this, there's only so many schools to choose from. I think its clear we maximize our time when we visit schools though.

Given Wino and Uche, Michigan scares me. I know you love Hill, though.

There’s so much talent, it’s got to be Georgia, right? Except, with all that talent playing off each other, maybe they all look like they’re better than they are.

So, Alabama.

Neal is long gone, probably Williams, too. But Mathis, Harris, the two corners, Metchie, Robinson…

If they traded up or got lucky with Davis, then took Pickens or Cine, I wouldn’t cry.

The NEP have drafted teammates 14-15 times during Bill's tenure. I believe Buffalo has done this about 8 times (they love FSU prospects), jete about 6, Miami 5, during the same time period.

Georgia - everyone

Clemson - Booth, Ross

Alabama - Alabama

Or another team?

I know other teams do this, there's only so many schools to choose from. I think its clear we maximize our time when we visit schools though.
Don't mean to derail, but I laughed since this was my first thought when I saw which teammates we could pick from Alabama. Guy on the right (transfer) looks like our next Slot WR.

1650758917540.png

Georgia - everyone

Clemson - Booth, Ross

Alabama - Alabama

Or another team?

It seems like BB likes to get players from schools who are coached by someone he trusts...obviously Nick Saban, Dabo sweeney, Kirby Smart. Not sure about the other programs you listed.

It seems like BB likes to get players from schools who are coached by someone he trusts...obviously Nick Saban, Dabo sweeney, Kirby Smart. Not sure about the other programs you listed.

Arkansas - Pittman?? Stevenson, Wise, Flowers

Georgia, Michigan, and Alabama are the most likely schools for them to double up on. Belichick has been loving Michigan in recent years

Would love to see the Georgia duo of Jordan Davis and Chaning Tindale or Davis and George Pickens.

Wouldn’t mind a Bama double dip in the later rounds of Phidarian Mathis and Josh Jobe

Given Wino and Uche, Michigan scares me. I know you love Hill, though.

There’s so much talent, it’s got to be Georgia, right? Except, with all that talent playing off each other, maybe they all look like they’re better than they are.

So, Alabama.

Neal is long gone, probably Williams, too. But Mathis, Harris, the two corners, Metchie, Robinson…

If they traded up or got lucky with Davis, then took Pickens or Cine, I wouldn’t cry.
UG has to be the leader in terms of volume?? I mean Cook, Tindall, Salyer .. they might be a bit deeper this year?? Pickens would be a welcomed surprise. Idk we really haven't gone after his type in a while. I've been consistent though. Perfect skill set maybe out of all the WR in terms of what we need but he's a nut that needs a lot of taming and structure. Bill has more info than most on the planet so he'll be prepared for the situation if it arises. Man George is a dog lol that would be something oh man
Yea I might look into each team when I have time. Think Minnesota, Giants and Baltimore would be among the top but that's just me guessing. I really might look into this.

Bridgewater State and/or Curry

My thought is that there has been more of a pattern of double-drafting by position rather than school and that hasn't always gone well (safety: Gus Scott and Dexter Reid; tight end: Keene and Asiasi).

But, yes, BB does get fixated on certain schools and coaches (which has led to double-drafting) with mixed results. The Florida/Urban Meyer crush wasn't great (Chad Jackson, Jermaine Cunningham and, of course, The Prisoner) and I can't remember good things from his Stanford phase (Jordan Richards in the second round!)

But I don't complain about Rutgers (McCourty, Ryan, Harmon). He went heavy on Greg Schiano at a time when he was disappointed by the lack of professionalism and work ethic of some of the people he drafted and they didn't let him down. As for Alabama, no NFL team could ignore the talent they have.

Last edited:
Georgia.

My thought is that there has been more of a pattern of double-drafting by position rather than school and that hasn't always gone well (safety: Gus Scott and Dexter Reid; tight end: Keene and Asiasi).

But, yes, BB does get fixated on certain schools and coaches (which has led to double-drafting) with mixed results. The Florida/Urban Meyer crush wasn't great (Chad Jackson, Jermaine Cunningham and, of course, The Prisoner) and I can't remember good things from his Stanford phase (Jordan Richards in the second round!)

But I don't complain about Rutgers (McCourty, Ryan, Harmon). He went heavy on Greg Schiano at a time when he was disappointed by the lack of professionalism and work ethic of some of the people he drafted and they didn't let him down. As for Alabama, no NFL team could ignore the talent they have.
Was going to say, I wonder if he's gonna party like it's 2013 and draft Bo Melton and Isaih Pacheco (who prob will be udfa but that 4.37 and the fact that he's a former QB might get him some attention - can't get a consistent spelling for this guy's name). Both seem like great high character dudes who went to Rutgers with loyalty in mind. Plus he'd get the super inside scoop from Schiano. Can't speak to their play, though.

Edit: Current Pats Fellowship coach Ross Douglas was in Player Dev in Rutgers for a few years while they were there, so Pats'd have a serious inside scoop.

Edit2: Both these guys were captains at Rutgers (Bo 2x). Pacheco was a captain his frosh year in HS. Pacheco had dealt with a lot of adversity. Geez.

Last edited:

I think he definitely looks at which school is running which scheme. Who's running stuff that translates. Coaches he trust. Wish I was a fly on the wall.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back