PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which QBs would you be OK/happy with drafting?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which QBs (more than one is OK!) would you be OK/happy with drafting?

• Josh Allen

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Baker Mayfield

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Lamar Jackson

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Mason Rudolph

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Luke Falk

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Kyle Lauletta

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Mike White

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Riley Ferguson

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Logan Woodside

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Other (please specify!)

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
Like a lot of the top 10 QBs. This is a very deep quality QB draft. If we wind up with one of the top 6, that QB could definitely be a Brady replacement in the future, and be successful. Realistically guys like Rudolph (not a big fan), Lauletta (who I like a lot), Faulk (like his accuracy and toughness), White & Riley should be there for the taking.

In order:

(Josh Rosen,) Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, (Sam Darnold,) Mason Rudolph. I hate Allen and everybody else is a dart throw at best. I dont think Lauletta has an NFL arm but his mechanics make him intriguing but that sort of physical limitation gives him a big old not before round 3 flag. I think the rest are way too limited to ever be anything more than backups. Logan Woodside is probably the best suited for the Patriots of the late round guys but he's a strict first read QB and was a three year starter so his development is capped.

I'd trust in Belichick and McDaniels on whoever they draft, but as a fan, I would not like rooting for Rosen. He's a bright kid and has legit talent, but he seems like such an anti-Patriot. He's entitled, questions authority, and in simple terms isn't the type of person that fits the Patriots "all-in" attitude. I've spoken to someone close to him and let's just say he can be difficult to deal with. I don't know how he'd handle sitting and dealing with Belichick' s demands.

Of course, he is young and the maturation process is different for everyone. If the Pats believe in him, I'm on board.

Not that PFF is Gospel, but this is a revealing look at these two QBs:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back