PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Patriots Rookie will have the best career in NE?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Rookie With The Best Career As A Patriot

• Devin McCourty

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • Ron Gronkowski

Votes: 35 27.3%
  • Jermaine Cunningham

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Brandon Spikes

Votes: 45 35.2%
  • Taylor Price

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Aaron Hernandez

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Zoltan Mesko

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Ted Larsen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Welch,Deaderick,Weston,Robinson (whch one?)

• An UDFA signed today (Love ect:)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when it's all said and done it will probably be Gronkowski. Hernandez is another possibility as well just based on all the match up problems he's going to give defenses.

Gronko will be a fan favorite. Spikes will be a future MVB for the team (Most Valuable Brandon), but something tells me Hernandez is going to become a Brady favorite inside the 20. Just a guess.

I choose McCourty to spite all the bad apples on thursday night.

I think spikes has a chance to be something special. Ever since Rodney left this D has been looking for someone that plays with that extra edge and intensity, Spikes may end up being that guy. Other guys may end up with more production or accolades, but I think this is the kind of guy that is essential to win championships.

Last edited:
Spikes - the 2nd coming of Bryan Cox

Gronkowski - second coming of Mark Bavaro

McCourty - the first coming of himself

Probably Rob Gronkowski, but I want to see ALL of them at the probowl :) .

(People, hes our lovechild, spell his name right please.)

Last edited:
I haven't been this excited about a Patriots draft class ever.

I'm going to go out on somewhat of a limb here and say that I think there's a good chance that McCourty could be the ace of the class. Spikes, Gronk, and Hernandez are going to be the type of blue collar guys that a good football team needs to win tough, physical games, and Cunningham could wind up being a very solid OLB. I'm doubtful he's the next Demarcus Ware but he could be an 8-10 sack player in a few years. But McCourty could be a star in that secondary, freeing up Meriweather and Bodden to make plays on the ball, and returning a kick for a touchdown every so often.

Add in the three or four studs we'll have added this time next year, and we've got a real contender on our hands again.

Does anybody think we might have drafted our DE of the future?

Round 7, Pick 247: Patriots Select Brandon Deaderick - Pats Pulpit

At 6'4", 310 lbs. he's certainly got the size to succeed as a 3-4 DE in our system. Are there any Alabama fans or people who have seen him play before on here that could give us a little inside info about Deaderick?

If I had to pick 1, Spikes. Hopefully they all become pro bowlers;)

I voted Devin McCourty for one Bodden is the only legit starting corner we have(butler is a nickel DB imho)so he's coming into a great situation to prove himself and get PT. I fell in love watching his sports science segment he looks really fluid like he was born to play corner and having a young physical corner remind me of pats days gone by.

My second choice would be Rob Gronkowski For similar reasons as McCourty the job is his to lose. We have no legit starting TE he is well rounded a stout blocker and has soft hands so some already feel he's an upgrade over watson. I am interested in some of you guy's opinions of his route running which i heard was brady's biggest problem with watson.

Does anybody think we might have drafted our DE of the future?

Round 7, Pick 247: Patriots Select Brandon Deaderick - Pats Pulpit

At 6'4", 310 lbs. he's certainly got the size to succeed as a 3-4 DE in our system. Are there any Alabama fans or people who have seen him play before on here that could give us a little inside info about Deaderick?

Alabama fan here, I love this pick. Deaderick was always around the ball, good run stopper, plays with a lot of intensity. I believe he's the one who knocked Colt McCoy out of the National Championship game. Every time he made of play I laughed about the word "DEAD" being in his name, because he plays like a killer. He's not going to show up on many highlight reels, it's hard to do that when you play alongside Mount Cody and McClain, but he's a solid player who showed up and played hard every game, even after he got shot! He's a keeper, I think he sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back