PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where's Bill?

Cillian Murphy No GIF by ARTEfr

Team Tom vs team Bill. Wtf man. You guys can’t get enough division. Red states, blue states. Both guys are gone and we have something else to talk about for the first time in a long time.

I’m team Patriots. I just wanna root for the team. Y’all need to let it go. Seriously. Both sides.
Good luck with that. The Pats are bereft of talent and the most exciting thing to look forward to the next 3 or so years at minimum is the draft.

The Pats are going to have to have 3 out of 4 or 4 out of 5 good drafts to get out of the cellar.

Check your ring camera history...

Good luck with that. The Pats are bereft of talent and the most exciting thing to look forward to the next 3 or so years at minimum is the draft.

The Pats are going to have to have 3 out of 4 or 4 out of 5 good drafts to get out of the cellar.
Garbage.

They have the 4th most cap space, the third overall pick, all their other picks and good talent... especially if they re-sign their own free agents.

They need a QB, that could happen as soon as this draft.

They need to be smart and draft well. That won't take 4 to 5 years, unless they're just bad at their jobs.

Garbage.

They have the 4th most cap space, the third overall pick, all their other picks and good talent... especially if they re-sign their own free agents.

They need to be smart and draft well. That won't take 4 to 5 years, unless they're just bad at their jobs.
Note: It's year 5 now

The collective Patriots organization was bad at their jobs and missed on the QB position.

You will count years in reference to BB for the rest of your life? It is 2024AD, but for you it is 5BB. Too funny.

The collective Patriots organization was bad at their jobs and missed on the QB position.
Note:
Bill drafted, signed, hired, and/or spawned the collective organization (excluding Thunder Stick and his seedlings)
You will count years in reference to BB for the rest of your life? It is 2024AD, but for you it is 5BB. Too funny.
Note 2.0:
If subdividing this current 8-10 year plan into equal parts in order to ward off night terrors is working for you.......

sexy leonardo dicaprio GIF

Feel free to name those who aren’t fine with the Patriots moving on from Belichick. I can think of maybe 2 or 3, and I had absolutely no problem with it. What I do have a problem with is those that screamed the loudest for it not shutting the **** up about it long after it’s done. The people who need to move on are people like you, because no one has been starting threads wishing Belichick was still here.
Cry more.

I think the recent struggles - not just on the field - but word of the inner souring of the staff and team have hurt BB in this coaching cycle. And, as much as we all loved him for about 20 of the 24 years here, it's valid.
He allowed his stubborn hubris to hurt the team - something he preached against for decades.
So, it's natural for that to cost him.
It sounds like BB was instrumental in Mac's issues, and there was no love lost between them.
Even that Mac may stay on the team (likely not starting) all because BB is gone, and Mayo will see things more objectively is quite telling.

Takes a real smooth brain to believe a Brady versus BB dichotomy ever existed, but it takes a special kind of stupid to keep perpetuating the myth after both are gone.
So many years after Gilligan's Island and still the question remains, Ginger or Mary Ann?

Note:
Bill drafted, signed, hired, and/or spawned the collective organization (excluding Thunder Stick and his seedlings)

Note 2.0:
If subdividing this current 8-10 year plan into equal parts in order to ward off night terrors is working for you.......

sexy leonardo dicaprio GIF

The tremors and terrors experienced while waking up to images of BB floating over your bed are not common to us all.

Note:

Note 2.0:
It's funny how the people who wholeheartedly buy the Wickersham nonsense selectively tune out the parts they don't like. Like Tom Brady kicking JimmyG out of the TB12 Center, or insisting young players call him "sir." Also how BB was coerced into drafting Mac.

I'm not sure I believe any of Wicker-sham's BS, in fact I'm certain I don't. But we know for sure Kraft said a couple years ago very publicly they were tweaking their draft process to hear more voices. We know Kraft wanted to hire Bill O'Brien to fix the offense, even though the problem was clearly Mac.

The rebuild started in 2020, BB got fired after 2023.

We're currently in year one of the new regime's rebuild, that's how this works. Plus BB and front office did all the work of cleaning up their cap space and even provided them with the 3rd overall draft pick. They're in a great place in relation to 2020. Stop conflating a bunch of things that have no bearing on the other.

So many years after Gilligan's Island and still the question remains, Ginger or Mary Ann?
Ask the professor... he was the only one who had a shot at both.

Garbage.

You identified the biggest problem, no QB. Even if the Pats pick a QB with the 3rd overall pick, the majority of 1st round QBs are still a busts. And if they're half decent, it usually not confirmed until the 3rd or 4th year

My hope for the Pats is to be patient. Build a solid team first especially at OL and WR, then get the QB.

With a talented offense, you know right away that it's either the QB or the OC if they don't play well.

With a less talented group, we're all wondering if the QB is garbage or not year after year.

But I'm not that vested in the Patriots, so if it takes 5 years, it doesn't bother me. Even though that's the route I think they should go.

Seems I wasn't the only one to notice.

You identified the biggest problem, no QB. Even if the Pats pick a QB with the 3rd overall pick, the majority of 1st round QBs are still a busts. And if they're half decent, it usually not confirmed until the 3rd or 4th year

My hope for the Pats is to be patient. Build a solid team first especially at OL and WR, then get the QB.

With a talented offense, you know right away that it's either the QB or the OC if they don't play well.

With a less talented group, we're all wondering if the QB is garbage or not year after year.

But I'm not that vested in the Patriots, so if it takes 5 years, it doesn't bother me. Even though that's the route I think they should go.
Assuming they re-sign Onwenu (their own free agents) they need one offensive tackle and a QB.

Shouldn’t be too hard with all of their draft picks, the third overall pick and 4th most cap space in the league.

They need to draft well, that makes them like all 32 teams in the NFL if they want success. And wasn’t that BB’s downfall? If they suck at drafting now, we’ll have to blame someone new.

The 2023 team was not devoid of talent, they were devoid of QB talent and didn’t execute well offensively. One lineman isn’t devoid of talent in 2024. Draft well, find a QB.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back