PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where's Bill?

The 2003 Patriots defense may be one of the most underrated defenses in NFL history. They had three shutouts. Held two other teams to 6 points or less and five more to 14 points or less. They intercepted Manning four times in the AFCCG game after Manning was on pace to have the best post season performance as a QB in history with 681 yards, 8 TDs, and 0 INTs in the Wild Card and Division rounds.

The 2003 Pats defense should be in at least the top 5-10 defense of all time.

I won't address the Belichick stuff. I don't care. He played a huge role in the 2003 season.
They were better than the 2000 Ravens’ D which is the gold standard when talking about all time defenses. In fact, Shannon Sharpe had pointed out on his podcast when Eddie George was his guest that the 2000 Titans defense was statistically better (they were).

Not sure why the Pats 2003 D doesn’t get any attention. They shut down 2 NFL MVP’s in consecutive weeks in the playoffs, had shutouts and it was almost impossible throwing on them throughout the season.

They were better than the 2000 Ravens’ D which is the gold standard when talking about all time defenses. In fact, Shannon Sharpe had pointed out on his podcast when Eddie George was his guest that the 2000 Titans defense was statistically better (they were).

Not sure why the Pats 2003 D doesn’t get any attention. They shut down 2 NFL MVP’s in consecutive weeks in the playoffs, had shutouts and it was almost impossible throwing on them throughout the season.
As a fan of the Manning rivalry... that was the year I questioned if Manning would ever beat Brady. 4 interceptions! Manning had just really figured out how to play in the nfl and had the life sucked out of him by the pats that year....

The 2003 defense was easily top 5.

I think a lot has to do that they let 19 pts be scored on them by Jake Delhomme in the 4th quarter alone

Another hit piece today.

BB stopped talking to Corky after he was benched.
How about one of Brady Sr's articles? The title says that Brady Sr is going to bat for Bill but the whole article has Brady Sr smashing Bill over the head with it.

As a fan of the Manning rivalry... that was the year I questioned if Manning would ever beat Brady. 4 interceptions! Manning had just really figured out how to play in the nfl and had the life sucked out of him by the pats that year....

The 2003 defense was easily top 5.
The NYFL wanted Archie's kid to be great so they created an expansion division for him. It worked in a way because it allowed PEDton to get into the playoffs 14 or 15 times, some times with the top seed. But it also exposed PEDton as a playoff choker with 9 one and done playoffs even with the top seed.

Yo 5.8 pts is ridiculous
85 Bears were even better than that.

I'd say the list starts with those two teams then we can start entering the debate with the 03 team not sure exactly where we land but after those two I think we were as great as anyone else.

85 Bears were even better than that.

I'd say the list starts with those two teams then we can start entering the debate with the 03 team not sure exactly where we land but after those two I think we were as great as anyone else.
The 2003 team allowed 17 ppg in the playoffs.

I think a lot has to do that they let 19 pts be scored on them by Jake Delhomme in the 4th quarter alone

They really weren't getting much attention during the season, so I doubt the Super Bowl was the only reason.

Both the Pats and Ravens played a lot of bad offenses/teams during those seasons. Ravens played 10 teams under .500 with the Pats playing 9 teams. Both had 3 shut outs. Pats were better statistically in a lot categories. Pats faced two NFL MVP's consecutively holding them to 14 points each. Ravens faced none. The Ravens toughest tasks were a Brian Griese led Broncos team (who somehow scored 30 ppg) and the Raiders.

Chiefs defense is underrated. Spags will be a HC soon or even take over for Reid.

The 2003 team allowed 17 ppg in the playoffs.
It was 19.

14 to both Colts and Titans and 29 to Panthers which comes out to 19 per game.

Ted Kennedy Belichick Reacts GIF
Mad Boston Celtics GIF by NBC Sports Boston
Mad Bill GIF

It was 19.

14 to both Colts and Titans and 29 to Panthers which comes out to 19 per game.
You're correct. For some reason I was looking at the 2004 team.

You don't like the 03 defense either do you even like the Patriots?
Lol, I made a simple statement w/ no comment. Which btw, I got wrong. The 2004 D allowed 17 ppg. @TheRainMaker corrected me. The 2003 D allowed 19 ppg.

Yet, you got triggered. You're very emotional. Maybe you should look into hormone patches or something.

Lol, I made a simple statement w/ no comment. Which btw, I got wrong. The 2004 D allowed 17 ppg. @TheRainMaker corrected me. The 2003 D allowed 19 ppg.

Yet, you got triggered. You're very emotional. Maybe you should look into hormone patches or something.
Just asking a question I'm honestly not sure. You could be a fan of another team?

Just about everything you post triggers me. And I'm about as big a homer/optimistic fan on here. I love Bill, I love Tom, I love Mayo, Kraft pisses me off a little but point is if you're triggering someone like me so often your not fanning correctly or you're a fan of another team.

03 was a great defense. Although if Drew Bennett catches that ball they might be thought of differently today…

Last edited:
It's sad to see all the negative PR towards Bill, but not surprising. One of my least favorite things about being a Boston fan is this. I'll never forget the team and media attacks on Francona after he left the Red Sox. By all accounts a standup guy and the guy at the helm during the greatest comeback in history and the eventual breaking of the curse, but still cannon fodder when things ended. Things were never the same after that for me. It's a shame to see it happening to a guy looking for rings for his thumbs at this point.
The fans mirror the media. Just look at the way many here go after players who left the team.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back