PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where's Bill?

Once again: it is an audio-only podcast. Folks featured in the podcast are shown in the promo, BB is not shown because he's not in it. People who don't understand this or who want to push a negative agenda around it, of course, will stir the pot. There's nothing to see here -- literally, as well as figuratively.
Fred Kirsch was adamant that it wasn't on purpose. He claimed there was a longer promo video originally that they shortened for Twitter.

Man... could you imagine getting his side of the story.

The pats have the biggest mystique of any dynasty... hands down.
Another hit piece today.

BB stopped talking to Corky after he was benched.

There's been a clear PR battle out there since the "amicable parting of the ways."

Anti-Bill pieces coming out daily. Anti-Kraft pieces in between. Anti-Mayo pieces sprinkled in. Everyone dumping on Mac. Lol

Gotta find the remaining rats hiding in the building, flush them out, exterminate them.

**** Bill, he's no longer a Patriot. If he wants to spread crap on the organization, let's see who has their own production company, their own reporters, connections with local media, and billions to spend. Go to the mattresses.

It's sad to see all the negative PR towards Bill, but not surprising. One of my least favorite things about being a Boston fan is this. I'll never forget the team and media attacks on Francona after he left the Red Sox. By all accounts a standup guy and the guy at the helm during the greatest comeback in history and the eventual breaking of the curse, but still cannon fodder when things ended. Things were never the same after that for me. It's a shame to see it happening to a guy looking for rings for his thumbs at this point.

It's certainly beneficial for Bill's longterm legacy and Patriot Nation relationship that he didn't get a job this year.
In fact, I could see him spending a year off, and then realizing being 2nd overall and 3rd in regular season wins all-time is enough.
I don't think he'll be more attractive to teams a year older than now. It might be over for him.

I think he'd do great on a NFLN show, or weekly X's & O's, the podcast circuit... He'll become a national treasure if he hits the TV world.

What I do hate is idiot ex-players piling on because he didn't get hired (or, realistically, he wouldn't compromise to take a job)

Hopefully now BB will go on Edelman's youtube show, that would be amazing.
And, better chance BB shows up to Brady's coronation at Gillette in June.

Just wait until after this season, Patriot fans will be immortalizing BB. I guarantee there will be a good number of people here wanting Mayo fired and begging BB to come back.

The 2003 Patriots defense may be one of the most underrated defenses in NFL history. They had three shutouts. Held two other teams to 6 points or less and five more to 14 points or less. They intercepted Manning four times in the AFCCG game after Manning was on pace to have the best post season performance as a QB in history with 681 yards, 8 TDs, and 0 INTs in the Wild Card and Division rounds.

The 2003 Pats defense should be in at least the top 5-10 defense of all time.

I won't address the Belichick stuff. I don't care. He played a huge role in the 2003 season.

Except the roles aren't reversed.

"Team Tom" pushed the narrative when he left. So much so, that they forced the issue so hard that the Tom Brady forum was created. "team Tom" has nobody to blame but themselves; Yet are so blind, they can't see the forest for the trees.

And its the dregs of "Team Tom" pushing the outright hostility now.

Want to call me a Gatekeeper? I'm good with that. Better a gatekeeper than a front runner.
What about the poor people suffering from BDS (Bill Derangement Syndrome)? They are stuck in a nether world between celebrating getting what they wanted and living in fear that someone. somewhere will say something nice about BB's legacy. It seems like a real condition, affected people cannot help themselves.

What about the poor people suffering from BDS (Bill Derangement Syndrome)? They are stuck in a nether world between celebrating getting what they wanted and living in fear that someone. somewhere will say something nice about BB's legacy. It seems like a real condition, affected people cannot help themselves.
Its sad Stu.

Think about this - Brown & Graham; Lombardi & Starr; Landry & Staubach; Noll & Bradshaw; Walsh & Montana... inexorably linked in the annals of football history.

And how is the greatest dynasty, the greatest pairing of Coach & Quarterback defined? not Brady & Belichick... but Brady vs Belichick.

****ing assholes.

Its sad Stu.

Think about this - Brown & Graham; Lombardi & Starr; Landry & Staubach; Noll & Bradshaw; Walsh & Montana... inexorably linked in the annals of football history.

And how is the greatest dynasty, the greatest pairing of Coach & Quarterback defined? not Brady & Belichick... but Brady vs Belichick.

****ing assholes.
I think the whole Brady vs Bill, picking a side thing intensified because of how their relationship deteriorated and how it all ended. I’m not on either side personally. I’m definitely okay with ripping on Bill for the last few seasons here but that doesn’t mean I hate him or don’t appreciate him as the greatest coach of all time. The Patriots dynasty was not all Brady and we shouldn’t want it defined in such a way.

I hope he gets a job next season, if he wants it, and does well. I want him to end on a higher note than 4-13.

Brady's Dad commented on Bil's situation:

"Bill is tough. He runs a military system. It’s a different generation. Bill is a great, great, great coach," Tom Sr. told the Boston Globe. "But his interpersonal skills are horrible. That’s the bottom line."

"How many times has he said — back in ‘15 or ‘16 — that he wanted to win without Tommy? When he went without Tommy, he didn’t know what he was losing. You’re losing more than just a quarterback. Ego sometimes gets in the way of things. I think it did with Bill. Now, he’s in a situation where he’s gotten crucified for the last few years by everybody and a lot of luster has come off his rose."

"Bill loves coaching," Tom Sr. said. "But again, I don’t know if teams look at Bill — he’s 71 now — I don’t know that they’re going to bend over backward for him, to provide him the full array of control that he wants to have. That’s the bottom line. He could probably turn up somewhere and find 16 games [to win] in two years or three. But if he’s out after that, and the team has reformulated their front office to accommodate his wishes … from their standpoint, I don’t know if the magic is worth the accommodations that they have to make."

I think the whole Brady vs Bill, picking a side thing intensified because of how their relationship deteriorated and how it all ended. I’m not on either side personally. I’m definitely okay with ripping on Bill for the last few seasons here but that doesn’t mean I hate him or don’t appreciate him as the greatest coach of all time. The Patriots dynasty was not all Brady and we shouldn’t want it defined in such a way.

I hope he gets a job next season, if he wants it, and does well. I want him to end on a higher note than 4-13.
All the great coach & QB duos eventually split.

Focus on the good stuff that they did together and the rest will fade away.

Just tired of the fact that for many it will seemingly always be VS instead of &.

The 2003 Patriots defense may be one of the most underrated defenses in NFL history. They had three shutouts. Held two other teams to 6 points or less and five more to 14 points or less. They intercepted Manning four times in the AFCCG game after Manning was on pace to have the best post season performance as a QB in history with 681 yards, 8 TDs, and 0 INTs in the Wild Card and Division rounds.

I won't address the Belichick stuff. I don't care. He played a huge role in the 2003 season.
The ultimate teacher. Back then he had two a days at his disposal. Next man up really meant next man up because every single player was ready and coached to the best of his ability. It was quite an advantage for the professor. Probably his best coaching job was that season.

No should it's a top 5 defense all time for sure.

They had an absolutely ridiculously low points per game that season then went on to slay the co-MVPs in consecutive weeks.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back