PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where Will We Sign Or Trade For Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ansah Sue Berry and Boston happy with any of the 2 of that combination.

Possibilities at TE: Cameron Brate, Kyle Rudolph, Vernon Davis.
The Bucs have just under $2 mill in cap space and Brate is now their “1B” option at TE. The Vikings just drafted Irv Smith and don’t have a ton of cap space. The Redskins have Jordan Reed as their main TE and some younger cheaper guys and owe $6 mill to Davis.

Possibilities at TE: Cameron Brate, Kyle Rudolph, Vernon Davis.
The Bucs have just under $2 mill in cap space and Brate is now their “1B” option at TE. The Vikings just drafted Irv Smith and don’t have a ton of cap space. The Redskins have Jordan Reed as their main TE and some younger cheaper guys and owe $6 mill to Davis.

Brate would be an excellent addition but, like Rudolph, costs too much

Some really solid players still out there no Break the bank type players. I like Muhammad Wilkerson who was very good for the Jets. I also think Shane Ray would be a good situational player on our D. You have to wonder if Shane Ray is a better alternative than Derek Rivers??

I might not be totally accurate but IIRC the NEP typically perform anywhere between 8-12 active 53 transactions after Week 1.

Plenty of time to add a TE

The TE will be Gronk at some point next year. ASJ will be a place holder until that happens.

Stop being silly. You and others can continue to speculate that Gronk is going to return.
At this point in time there is no proof.

People were complaining about his slowness last season.

Why would he miraculously improve?

Last edited:
We probably just wait until they get cut.
Brate’s salary is fully guaranteed, so they’re not going to cut him. Rudolph if he’s cut, sure.

Stop being silly. You and others can continue to speculate that Gronk is going to return.

Why so combative today? :rolleyes: Of course there is no proof - none of us have that. However, Edelman thinks Gronk is coming back, do you think he’s being silly? His agent says there’s a possibility too. You want me to text Gronk to find out to satisfy you? And yeah he was slow last year, but you don’t think a 8-10 months of healing won’t help? The guy is 29 years old in the prime of his life. I think I’m being more realistic than the people here who think Ben Watson is a good possibility - a 38 year old coming off a major injury.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire. In this case there is a decent amount of smoke around Gronk coming out of retirement at some point.

Hope on our part, but the Pats know something we as fans don’t. No TE drafted, no press conference announcing Gronk’s retirement = good chance he is returning.

Press conference? The team, Kraft and BB all posted lengthy official congratulations/gratitude/inmemoriam type messages on Gronk's retirement to the media and world. It's in the books.

(I'll be delighted to see Gronk suit up again, but "hope" sounds about the right amount of certainty at this point.)

Rosenhaus definitely floated the idea out there for some reason, he's too smart to throw that out for no reason. I think everyone can acknowledge that at least, there's some sort of plan there. Could be for leverage for Gronk's other opportunities, who knows. Gronk has been at the Bruins, so maybe he hasn't even left the area?

Wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if Gronk's camp and Bill and co. can't figure out a contract that works for both so Gronk, unwilling to play for another team, retired unless he gets the money he wants.

Press conference? The team, Kraft and BB all posted lengthy official congratulations/gratitude/inmemoriam type messages on Gronk's retirement to the media and world. It's in the books.

(I'll be delighted to see Gronk suit up again, but "hope" sounds about the right amount of certainty at this point.)

A press conference for retiring star players is almost a given. They usually hold it in a few days of the original announcement. Maybe not a great chance he comes back or even a good one, but a chance nonetheless.

Last edited:
he also lost a ton of weight already

Interpretation: given how little fat he carried, that would be mostly muscle, which is a pretty good indication he's not maintaining himself for a return. :(

Others?

Whats the plan for lt right now, wynn? With karras and now Froholdt there is already plenty depth on the iol, not sure where else wynn would go...
I think all the talk of Wynn being the eventual replacement for Thuney is rubbish. The Wynn pick was as high as the Pats have drafted in recent years and he was the best OT in the SEC that year. So while he might not have the "classic" OT metrics he possesses the athletic ability to take on the ever increasing influx of smaller, but super fast edge rushers that are entering the league. Wynn was selected to be an OT....and only a OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes