PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where the Houston game will be Won/Lost IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the toughest minded Pats team I've seen since the Bruschi/McG years. Having home field, the rest and bringing the focus they've brought to every single game they've played this season, I just don't see how a Houston is going to waltz in here and walk away with a win. The things that would have to happen for this to occur would be akin to that Philly game LAST season....punt returns, INT's for TD's, multiple turnovers. I've tried to make a case...I can't.

Most focused and mentally prepared as well, after last years debacle they have kept their singular focus and their eyes are firmly on the prize..

Not sure how they can lose that edge...

Then this is the healthiest team that BB has ever led into the playoffs...

Last week during the wild card round heard over and over again how Houston has the best D in the NFL.. Avg. PPG against Houston 20.5.. Avg. PPG against the Pats 15.6. Who has the best Defense??

Last edited:
Sorry, but thinking that this game will be easy is a mistake on your part.. This isn't the same Houston Team we faced in September with Brissett at the helm..

Yes, we're improved, but so are they..

They won 7 games after we beat them:
Titans, Colts, Lions(2x), Jaguars(x2), Bengals - Points diff +23/7 = W by 3.2 points or a FG
They lost 6 games afte we beat them:
Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, Packers, Titans (Mariotaless),Vikings = Points Diff = - 66/6 = -11 per game

They are pretty weak on road games.
Texans D allowed more than 25 points avg in each loss.

Honestly I heard this crap by so many people last year against Denver in the AFCCG that the Patriots would crush the Broncos, and the Broncos and Steelers played pathetic in the Divisional Game and we shouldn't worry about either

Hmm.....
How'd that turn out?

2010 Jets come to mind also. Pats are 14-2, at home, no way we lose to Rex Ryan and those Jets right? RIGHT?!

Pats are favs but that means nothing. Just because they SHOULD win this game doesn't mean it can go that way

Arseweiller 2016 - 15 tds and 15 ints.

Does anyone really believe that he will play lights out?

Honestly I heard this crap by so many people last year against Denver in the AFCCG that the Patriots would crush the Broncos, and the Broncos and Steelers played pathetic in the Divisional Game and we shouldn't worry about either

Hmm.....
How'd that turn out?

2010 Jets come to mind also. Pats are 14-2, at home, no way we lose to Rex Ryan and those Jets right? RIGHT?!

Pats are favs but that means nothing. Just because they SHOULD win this game doesn't mean it can go that way

Broncos had one of the best D of all time AT HOME. And they beat us during regular season. Why would people claim that we would crush them?
Jets in 2010 lost 4 games during regular season, 3 of them their D allowed 10 OR LESS points, so if they had a good O game they would be very dangerous.

Let's all be over-confident but not tell the Patriots about it that way there's no risk that they'll get overconfident too.

Pinkie swear not to tell them, everyone.

Take me off of your ignore list and you've got a deal. Otherwise I'm tellin.

We know how the game will be won. Minimal turnovers and either the D or O or both playing lights out. If HOU plays very well and NE plays very well, NE wins still.

How the game will be lost is also self-evident. Turnovers, major injury or two, HOU playing their best and NE not playing well.

Hmm.....
How'd that turn out?

You must have missed the topic that was 90% of the conversation that week which was we really screwed up by losing home field and having to go to Denver. Pats fans were not at all confident about that game.

Only thing I can think of is they now have their starting LT back, he was injured I believe for the week 3 game.

hmmmmm........that may put them in position to possibly attempt an FG

since that game, the pats have added to their roster:
Brady
Lewis
Ninkovich
Rowe

but yeah.......I see where their LT would be the big difference......NOT

hmmmmm........that may put them in position to possibly attempt an FG

since that game, the pats have added to their roster:
Brady
Lewis
Ninkovich
Rowe

but yeah.......I see where their LT would be the big difference......NOT

I never implied it would make a big difference, but its an upgrade for them from the last game. They should still get their asses kicked in the end.

I never implied it would make a big difference, but its an upgrade for them from the last game. They should still get their asses kicked in the end.

it should be worse than the last one.......much worse

I'm calling for an epic beating as the eternal FU tour continues

Apparently Osweiler told some reporter that he's not telling his teammates "how he took down the Pats defense" in the game in denver last year. Gives him belief and the "proof is in the pudding"

Is this guy delusional?

Other than a handful of throws (one aided by a blatant hold on Easley) he was bad in that game. Also his 1 TD pass shouldn't have happened because Chung didn't hold. That game was won by denver's running game which was aided by no Hightower or Collins, ****ty refs and a muffed punt.

Also if he knows how to beat the Pats defense then what's his explanation for the game earlier in the season when he didn't get past midfield until late in the 3rd quarter?

Apparently Osweiler told some reporter that he's not telling his teammates "how he took down the Pats defense" in the game in denver last year. Gives him belief and the "proof is in the pudding"

Is this guy delusional?

Other than a handful of throws (one aided by a blatant hold on Easley) he was bad in that game. Also his 1 TD pass shouldn't have happened because Chung didn't hold. That game was won by denver's running game which was aided by no Hightower or Collins, ****ty refs and a muffed punt.

Also if he knows how to beat the Pats defense then what's his explanation for the game earlier in the season when he didn't get past midfield until late in the 3rd quarter?

ummm.......hillman and anderson won that game

Is this guy delusional?

I vaguely remember an easy, dropped INT by one of the Pats players (Chung?) before their go ahead TD. He did **** against us. He should send some of his new money to Harper and the refs because their respective ****ups gave him this contract.

The great thing about the Pats, and one of the most respectable parts of their game, is that they prepare ridiculously hard every week. they do not take teams lightly and won't sleep on the Texans. I imagine for playoffs, guys watch extra film and prepare even more than usual. Belichick will make sure he has all angles covered and won't take anything for granted.

We know how the game will be won. Minimal turnovers and either the D or O or both playing lights out. If HOU plays very well and NE plays very well, NE wins still.

How the game will be lost is also self-evident. Turnovers, major injury or two, HOU playing their best and NE not playing well.

Ten*
If both play well Pats by 20

Is this guy delusional?

He took down the Pats in that game by having the team decimated by injuries before the game. They were not healthy anywhere and they barely beat them.
This team is head and shoulders above last year team. They went out and got a good TE in case Gronk was hurt. They got Hogan, they strengthen the OL thru the draft as well as picking up a quality rookie WR. The DB's are deeper and better, the only thing the same as last year is the goat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes