PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where the Houston game will be Won/Lost IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
IMHO, the Houston game will be won or lost based on how the Patriots O-line does against the Houston Front 7.

The Patriots O-line of Solder, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, and Cannon is unheralded. However, they have stonewalled some great pass rushers of late.. Included in that are Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, Cameron Wake, "ImaDumfuk" Suh, Elvis Dumervil, and Terrell Suggs..

In the 5 of the last 6 games of the season, the Pats O-line and Brady put up the following:
113 Completions
180 Attempts
4 Sacks (Eric Waddle, Jared Crick, Mohammed Wilkerson, Shane Ray)

That's 1 sack every 45 drop backs.

Houston's D-line with Wilfork and Clowney, along with ILB Benardrick McKinney and OLB Whitney Mercilus will definitely be a formidable group. The Pats will definitely have to watch for the late man on Stunts and Twists.. Something they've had a notoriously hard time with for the better part of a decade.

If I'm Bill O'Brien, I don't want Clowney up against Cannon. I line him up against Solder and Thuney. I probably also like Wilfork up shaded to Andrews left, again putting pressure on Thuney.. Then I have McKinney come in late through the Right side A-gap.. Mercilus will be the Wild Card.. If you have him lined up next to Clowney, you're over-loading that side.. If you put Mercilus on the to Brady's right, he'll typically line up against a TE and may have the advantage over the likes of Bennett or Lengle.

Whatever happens, it's going to be a tough game..

Sorry, but thinking that this game will be easy is a mistake on your part.. This isn't the same Houston Team we faced in September with Brissett at the helm..

Yes, we're improved, but so are they..

The team will take them very seriously and they will be very prepared, because they are coached by the best staff in the league.

I, as a fan, am irrelevant to the outcome. I can look past them, and it won't affect the game. The Texans are outmatched both physically and mentally. The probability of a NE loss is so infinitesimal that I don't even have to acknowledge it.

Sorry, but thinking that this game will be easy is a mistake on your part.. This isn't the same Houston Team we faced in September with Brissett at the helm..

I think this will be one of those games where Brady & McD will have to take some time to figure out what they are doing on defense early on, then they will get into a rhythm and pull away, because, meanwhile, on offense, Houston & whomever they put in at QB will not be able to score much on our D while our O figures things out. I predict close early, win by double digits late.

IMHO, the Houston game will be won or lost based on how the Patriots O-line does against the Houston Front 7.

The Patriots O-line of Solder, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, and Cannon is unheralded. However, they have stonewalled some great pass rushers of late.. Included in that are Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, Cameron Wake, "ImaDumfuk" Suh, Elvis Dumervil, and Terrell Suggs..

In the 5 of the last 6 games of the season, the Pats O-line and Brady put up the following:
113 Completions
180 Attempts
4 Sacks (Eric Waddle, Jared Crick, Mohammed Wilkerson, Shane Ray)

That's 1 sack every 45 drop backs.

Houston's D-line with Wilfork and Clowney, along with ILB Benardrick McKinney and OLB Whitney Mercilus will definitely be a formidable group. The Pats will definitely have to watch for the late man on Stunts and Twists.. Something they've had a notoriously hard time with for the better part of a decade.

If I'm Bill O'Brien, I don't want Clowney up against Cannon. I line him up against Solder and Thuney. I probably also like Wilfork up shaded to Andrews left, again putting pressure on Thuney.. Then I have McKinney come in late through the Right side A-gap.. Mercilus will be the Wild Card.. If you have him lined up next to Clowney, you're over-loading that side.. If you put Mercilus on the to Brady's right, he'll typically line up against a TE and may have the advantage over the likes of Bennett or Lengle.

Whatever happens, it's going to be a tough game..
the bolded part really made me laugh.

This is not going to be a tough game.

The Texans were 24th in sacks this year. It could still be a problem, but the Pats OL has handled more productive pass rushes this season.

If not worse.

There is no way the Patriots lose this game, Its possible that Houston score 0 points again.

Weren't you one of the ones talking that way just prior to the 2007 SB against the Giants? How'd that turn out?

Weren't you one of the ones talking that way just prior to the 2007 SB against the Giants? How'd that turn out?
What in the world does finding a game 9 years ago that you THINK someone was wrong about have to do with anything?

I think this will be one of those games where Brady & McD will have to take some time to figure out what they are doing on defense early on, then they will get into a rhythm and pull away, because, meanwhile, on offense, Houston & whomever they put in at QB will not be able to score much on our D while our O figures things out. I predict close early, win by double digits late.

Agree except I save an out for the exception of a few Osweiler mishaps which would change the game quickly.

I agree with the OP but you can say that about every playoff loss in the Brady era we've had with the possible exceptions of 2005 Broncos and 2006 Colts.

I think if we do lose, it will be because we had 3-4 bad turnovers and Houston didn't have any.

What in the world does finding a game 9 years ago that you THINK someone was wrong about have to do with anything?
Moreover that's just one of two games I've personally ever been way wring about. 06 vs the Jets, 07 vs Jacksonville, 2011 vs the Broncos, 2012 vs the Texans, 2013 vs the Colts, 2014 vs the Colts, 2015 vs the Chiefs, I put that personal record at 7-2 for games I was 100% sure the Pats would win. I'll be 8-2 after this weekend

Its ok to be over confident this time. I give you permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back