PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where are all the trolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they finally fulfilled their promise to stop watching when Brady was gone.

Has anyone else noticed that most of the D-bag Belichick haters have been awfully quiet since Thursday night around 9:45? Where in the world have all of these “Patriots fans” gone?? Maybe they are still chillin’ in the Tomba Bay thread, but I clicked ignore on that embarrassment almost a year ago (lol that the mods here are still allowing that to stay in the main forum).

Negative or nothin’, amirite, boys?

I don't understand why you'd kick this hornet's nest, but apparently you want it, so...

The Pats started by re-signing a has been QB who literally can't throw a forward pass (this has been proven at MIT). Then they gave big, long term contracts to a bunch of average players, dooming the core of the team to mediocrity and killing the cap budget for the next three years. They capped it off by drafting a QB who can barely jog and win only if he's commanding a Death Star, a couple of convicted potheads, and a handful of players whose last full year production was in high school. And, after all of this, they continue to ignore the essential truth of NFL football that you can't win without a WR that will accumulate lots of fantasy points.*

*I don't believe any of this, I'm just trying to meet the OP's request.

Maybe they finally fulfilled their promise to stop watching when Brady was gone.

And silly us, assuming that meant that they'd leave us alone as well. Sigh.

And silly us, assuming that meant that they'd leave us alone as well. Sigh.

I told them then that they're weak and would never leave. I was right.

I have some relative inlaws (both first responders) in Philly who have not watched the Eagles since the whole Kaepernick kneeling thing. I don't agree with them, but respect their conviction. It's not easy to have some backbone these days. they were pretty hardcore Eagles fans.

So we are supposed to praise Bill for a draft when not a single player has played a down? I liked what he did in the draft. Got a QB (who I am not sold on but I am happy we have a young guy to build around) and he didn't have to give up a bunch of assets to get him. Continued shoring up the D-line with a guy who looks like he could develop into an impact player. Another edge guy and a power back (which hopefully means less Sony) and some depth at other spots.

That being said none of these guys have played so are we supposed to give Bill a gold star? No but he has done a good job this offseason of filling holes and injecting talent into what was possibly the worst roster in the league last year.

I hope your 2021 post-draft chest thumping goes a lot better than your post-2020 season Week 1 chest thumping.

The OP set the bait and...................

Everyone knows Major Dumbazz would march right in .

Has anyone else noticed that most of the D-bag Belichick haters have been awfully quiet since Thursday night around 9:45? Where in the world have all of these “Patriots fans” gone?? Maybe they are still chillin’ in the Tomba Bay thread, but I clicked ignore on that embarrassment almost a year ago (lol that the mods here are still allowing that to stay in the main forum).

Negative or nothin’, amirite, boys?
Pot, meet kettle.

Enjoy your giddy little interlude because you're gonna be awfully busy later whining about the lack of wideouts and that noodle-armed fat boy you're now so fond of.

(You requested a trolling, I believe?)

Pats got some good players I think. We can go back and forth about Fields/Jones but I'm glad we have a good young QB here. The rest of the division has one so we needed to catch up.
Yeah, we can go back and forth, but at some point we have to recognize Fields isn't on our team and Jones is, and next year we have a first round pick and the Chicago Bears do not.

The time to think about "the one that got away" is before you say "I do", not after.

I think this offseason showed either Bill is indeed hearing the questions about his track record without Brady or he is not planning to coach beyond a few years out and wants a contender now instead of later.
Why can't it just be "BB looked at how much cap he had relative to everyone else, the cap going down due to COVID and going back up when the new TV deal money kicks in, so he splurged" and "BB had Jones as BPA when #15 came up" instead of "BB is butt hurt about his legacy and his longevity"?

Why can't we just look at this as "BB doing BB things" instead of whiny soap opera head games stuff?

You can't honestly say you know what is going on in his mind, so IMO his 20 year track record here means he deserves some respect and the benefit of the doubt, rather than making :poop: up about what is going through his head.

I guess I'll never understand troll-ism. I guess it takes a special kind of person to go around disrespecting people just to get their rocks off and make them feel better about themselves.

Curran wrote that this was a 3 win at best team in 2020 without BB’s coaching. Probably not far off but I think the coach could have been helped a lot by better drafting from the GM :)

Doesn’t matter anymore- it’s 2021 and while we’re IMO still a long way off from SB contention we are at least a watchable team again which is a big improvement. Good off-season so far and looking forward to what happens next.
:thumbsup:

The road to redemption beckons...

Pot, meet kettle.

Enjoy your giddy little interlude because you're gonna be awfully busy later whining about the lack of wideouts and that noodle-armed fat boy you're now so fond of.

???

So we are supposed to praise Bill for a draft when not a single player has played a down? I liked what he did in the draft. Got a QB (who I am not sold on but I am happy we have a young guy to build around) and he didn't have to give up a bunch of assets to get him. Continued shoring up the D-line with a guy who looks like he could develop into an impact player. Another edge guy and a power back (which hopefully means less Sony) and some depth at other spots.

That being said none of these guys have played so are we supposed to give Bill a gold star? No but he has done a good job this offseason of filling holes and injecting talent into what was possibly the worst roster in the league last year.
He must have done a pretty good job then if he managed to win 7 games with the worst roster in the NFL.

He must have done a pretty good job then if he managed to win 7 games with the worst roster in the NFL.
I think he did a pretty good coaching job to get 7 wins out of that roster.

It was all on Josh McDaniels.

(shhh just trying to get Drop Kick to comment on this thread)

It was nice to see Bill not reach for picks but wait and pick best player available.

Pot, meet kettle.

Looks like the Dummy Squad is going to rally around the "no #1WR/ lack of wideout" cry.

Look for them to rally as the walls start closing in on them.

I was wondering the same thing since he hasn’t posted in a while, but it doesn’t look like he was banned. I noticed the last post he had he was upset because a post got deleted.
Just temporarily banned, Ian is the only one who can permanently ban someone. That poster, will be back posting probably after a loss or in the gdt during the season.

If you're going to have a down year...COVID year was the year to do it.

The OP is a dunce. No one with a brain would live in Ohio.

Ohio is great. After all, you're not here.

Another Dummy Squader in the #1 WR thread tried this with Cleveland already today.

Get you material from someone with an IQ over 2.

The trolls will be back in full force and effect after sports talk radio "gin up" some controversy and whataboutisms...

Why did the Pats pick player B instead of player C as Player C has a bigger ceiling or can "stretch the field" or take the "top off of the defense"...

Does Ronnie Perkins have a BLM tattoo similar to Justin Rohrwasser's 3% tattoo?

There will be more controversy after today.. stay tuned they are searching hard for controversy either real or contrived any controversy will do..

The trolls will never go away.. and neither will the BB detractors.

Was out and about this AM waiting for Zolak's take on 98.5, tuned in around 10:15 and Bertram was ranting and raving how BB trusts Saban more than he trusts his own scout/adm team.. something about how Barmore and Stevenson's penchant for M or other such nonsense, then there was the BS about how McCrone won't even see the field until '23 because he is recovering from an ACL tear so next year will be his red shirt season.. yada, yada, yada..

All the while Zolak kept relatively quiet as Bertram dreamed up conspiracy theories.. guess I should not look forward to Sports Talk Views..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down