PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where’s Josh McDaniels fall within all of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic Josh McDaniels today. Texans have the league worst run defense in the entire league, ranked 32nd, give up 170 yards a game. We have a great OLine and RB. So what do we do? Only 11 carries by Damien Harris all game. And still zero involvement of any tight ends. And Meyers only targeted 3 times.

mcdoosh is awful.....getting exposed now that Brady is gone

Classic Josh McDaniels today. Texans have the league worst run defense in the entire league, ranked 32nd, give up 170 yards a game. We have a great OLine and RB. So what do we do? Only 11 carries by Damien Harris all game. And still zero involvement of any tight ends. And Meyers only targeted 3 times.

1606117125928.jpeg

It’s tough to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.

We have the worst skill position players in the league. We have a QB with a throwing motion that takes longer to wind up then my Grandmother who is 6 feet under. We have a good RB who after the 1st drive saw stacked boxes. Late on the 1st half the worst TE in the NFL whiffed bad on a legit pick play behind the line of scrimmage that would have seen James White go for about 25 yds. Instead we punt, Texans go down the field and get a TD and go up by multiple scores.

McDaniels is coaching the worst (or 2nd worst depending on how you view the Jets) offensive talent in the league.

Stop with the excuses. Damien Harris is a beast. Against the worst runD Harris only ran 11 times. Meyer only got 3 targets.

Same excuses with McDaniels. Totally exposed without Brady. Just like when he ran the most pathetic offense in the league in St Louis in 2011. And before that a disaster in Denver. McDaniels needs to be replaced. McDaniels is nothing without Brady. O'Brien is better. Weiss is better. Brian Daboll is better.

Stop with the excuses. Damien Harris is a beast. Against the worst runD Harris only ran 11 times. Meyer only got 3 targets.

Same excuses with McDaniels. Totally exposed without Brady. Just like when he ran the most pathetic offense in the league in St Louis in 2011. And before that a disaster in Denver. McDaniels needs to be replaced. McDaniels is nothing without Brady. O'Brien is better. Weiss is better. Brian Daboll is better.

I agree he should of got more touches, but the Texans did adjust after the 1st drive. They brought there guys up into the box. Belichick talked about how they adjusted after the 1st drive in his press conference. The problem I had is if we kept Harris in the game it would have been easier to sell play action. When White or Burkhead were in it was more likely a pass play.

You write about McDaniels every post you make. We know how you feel about him. You’re a broken record at this point.

O'Brian: fired
Weiss: doing ... what, exactly ???
Daboll: the BUF offense is hit/miss. Sometimes looks pretty good but far from some supergenius

McDaniels ticks me off frequently but he is handcuffed with the offensive talent currently. I'm sure he could be better in certain regards but he's far from the only issue. As is generally the case, it's rare for their to only be one variable causing a certain outcome.

Let's see how the offense looks in the coming seasons with some more talent, and presumably a QB who's a better fit schematically for how the team wants to play and move the ball.

O'Brian: fired
Weiss: doing ... what, exactly ???
Daboll: the BUF offense is hit/miss. Sometimes looks pretty good but far from some supergenius

McDaniels ticks me off frequently but he is handcuffed with the offensive talent currently. I'm sure he could be better in certain regards but he's far from the only issue. As is generally the case, it's rare for their to only be one variable causing a certain outcome.

Let's see how the offense looks in the coming seasons with some more talent, and presumably a QB who's a better fit schematically for how the team wants to play and move the ball.

The OC doesn't fit this team. Time for a change.

Don't know how much this has been mentioned in the game-day/post-game threads, but I was very pissed-off about the 3rd-down play when Burkhead was injured. There were only 2 yards to go, but instead of just having Cam or Harris pick a gap through which to run, Skippy decides to call a drawn-out, off-tackle stretch with...Burkhead? Instead of our best edge-maker Harris?? You feckin ****t!ng me??? Absolutely terrible use of personnel by McD, and to add injury to insult, we have now sadly seen the last of da Burkmeister...

Last edited:
Don't know how much this has been mentioned in the game-day/post-game threads, but I was very pissed-off about the 3rd-down play when Burkhead was injured. There were only 2 yards to go, but instead of just having Cam or Harris pick a gap through which to run, Skippy decides to call a drawn-out, off-tackle stretch with...Burkhead? Not our best edge-maker Harris?? You feckin ****t!ng me??? Absolutely terrible use of personnel by McD, and to add injury to insult, we have now sadly seen the last of da Burkmeister...
40 passing attempts against the 32nd ranked run defense. That says enough by itself.

I don't know what it is - but McDaniels just rubs me the wrong way.

I think it started with the clownish WWE style fist pumping after beating us. Or being stupid enough to tape another team's practice and get caught.

And having Cam Newton here and thinking he can run Brady's offense. Don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what the outcome would be.

McD reminds me of Patricia, actually got some results/wins, but not because he does scheme it so well, its rather Brady bailed him out, like HT and some other great players bailed Patricias weird scheme out on some plays which led to a positive outcome for the Pats, but it was because of the players not because of the OC/DC having great schemes or even making players better or using them the right way, once brady left you see (again) that McD is not even average OC, there are few OCs out there utilizing their players on the roster much better than McD does with his weird play calling

Team cannot win by run alone.

Cam the ****eyed passer is to blame. Defenses are scared to death on Mahomes, but laugh at Cam TCP.

Football Outsiders is now a pay site so I cant look up where the NE pass offense ranks. Quite frankly, they have done me a favor because I dont want to know for sure.

Last edited:
The only team with an offense less talented than ours is probably going 0-16. It’s a bad look to judge anybody off that. As far as the “he doesn’t fit the team now” nonsense, the team bad. You don’t hire and fire coaches on an offense you don’t intend to keep the same way.

Pats and Titans playoff game last year with 2 minutes left int he first half. 1st and Goal to go from the 2 yard line. The GOAT Standing right there - and one of the best sneak QBs of all time. McDoosh calls 3 straight running plays (no QB sneak) and then Field Goal for 3 to lead 13-7. Titan's take kick-off, go length of field to win 14-13. Nothing happened in the 2nd half and the other 6 points?...who cares? And we give Pete Carrol **** for his Super Bowl play calling?

These kind of debates are getting tiresome. It's all about the players, not the coaches. As one of our more astute posters noted, there's a reason that top QBs make 35 mil with a salary cap and top HCs make 8 mil without one. Coordinators make even less.

I couldn't count how many times I've seen it said here that McDaniels hasn't won without Brady. Well, the same can be said about Belichick and we all know he's the best HC in the world by a county mile.

Can anyone give me an example of a team without talent that wins?

Can anyone give me an example of a team without talent that wins?
arent there a bunch of sports movies for kids about that? Bad news bears, stuff like that?

Pats and Titans playoff game last year with 2 minutes left int he first half. 1st and Goal to go from the 2 yard line. The GOAT Standing right there - and one of the best sneak QBs of all time. McDoosh calls 3 straight running plays (no QB sneak) and then Field Goal for 3 to lead 13-7. Titan's take kick-off, go length of field to win 14-13. Nothing happened in the 2nd half and the other 6 points?...who cares? And we give Pete Carrol **** for his Super Bowl play calling?
What was most infuriating at the time was that the sneak was WIDE FECKIN OPEN on 1st down...Brady could've practically walked right in...

McD reminds me of Patricia, actually got some results/wins, but not because he does scheme it so well, its rather Brady bailed him out, like HT and some other great players bailed Patricias weird scheme out on some plays which led to a positive outcome for the Pats, but it was because of the players not because of the OC/DC having great schemes or even making players better or using them the right way, once brady left you see (again) that McD is not even average OC, there are few OCs out there utilizing their players on the roster much better than McD does with his weird play calling

Exactly. A million excuses for McDaniels. Same as the excuses for NKeal Harry or Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes