PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When was Tom Brady's *overall* peak (mental + physical)?

Yes! So true. Fck the rebuild. Fck the whole "too old" bs. I mean, he gave us 6 championships and 3 more SB visits, and countless memories. I could put up with a few years of even mediocre Brady rather than mediocre Cam or any other veteran QB.
No kidding. And at 43 supposedly mediocre Brady threw 40 Tds with a decent roster. This is the part that hurts the most. That if Bill did not royally screw up the skill positions for so long, how much more damage Brady could have done.
Oh and a HC that actually let him run the O.

Lots of talk about Tom and Bill's relationship souring after the Eagles SB. But here's the thing: They won the SB the very next year.

So I don't think any animosity between them was enough to stop the team from winning.

I suppose Brady can look at it and say: "Yeah we won in 2018. But if he doesn't sit Butler in 2017 we likely threepeat. Something never done in football".

Of course there's no guarantees the Patriots win with Butler.

Aren't there rumors that Brady would've stayed had the team offered him 25 million per year? Or, was Brady already looking to leave?

Lots of talk about Tom and Bill's relationship souring after the Eagles SB. But here's the thing: They won the SB the very next year.

So I don't think any animosity between them was enough to stop the team from winning.

I suppose Brady can look at it and say: "Yeah we won in 2018. But if he doesn't sit Butler in 2017 we likely threepeat. Something never done in football".

Aren't there rumors that Brady would've stayed had the team offered him 25 million per year? Or, was Brady already looking to leave?
I don't think it was anything like that really, like this game or that game. Brady wanted a 2 year deal, the pats had no money. I am not sure of Bill's thoughts of if Brady was done or not, obviously he wasnt. Bill said he was surprised when Brady said he was leaving, I am not sure if that was true. I mean Brady gave up a lot of money over the years, but to ask him to play on a one year deal for like 10 mil, yeah it was time for Brady to move on.

I think it's as simple as both sides wanting to move on. Maybe some friction in the final years but it may have worked for both sides in the end. Mac Jones looks promising and Tampa Tom still looking like the GOAT

I think it's as simple as both sides wanting to move on. Maybe some friction in the final years but it may have worked for both sides in the end. Mac Jones looks promising and Tampa Tom still looking like the GOAT
I think it definitely worked out. Would have loved to see Brady play his whole career in New England but with the way the team was constructed, he would still be looking "washed up."

With what transpired, Brady got to handpick his team like Manning did with Denver, get a ton of weapons, and now looks like he's 30 again. It seems him winning with the Buccaneers also has a lot more fans liking him. And the Patriots get their potential quarterback of the future with Mac Jones.

True.

I think at this point Brady has zero pressure on him. He's accomplished everything there is. Already the GOAT. It says alot about his character that he still has the drive to win at 44. Winning an 8th SB won't make a difference in his resume. And that's because he's already the GOAT. He need not do anything to increase his GOAT status. Nothing Brady does this year can negatively impact him. Lose to Mahomes in a SB? Ok. But your already 2>1 against him. Lose in the conference championship game? Nobody will care.

Belichick isn't as great without Brady. The record has been thrown out here alot. But what head coach in any sport was successful without a great player?

What is Auerbach without Russell?

Bowman without stacked Canadiens teams of LaFleur, Savard, Dryden, Robinson, and others

What is Walsh without Montana? Shula without Griese & Marino?

I don't think it was anything like that really, like this game or that game. Brady wanted a 2 year deal, the pats had no money. I am not sure of Bill's thoughts of if Brady was done or not, obviously he wasnt. Bill said he was surprised when Brady said he was leaving, I am not sure if that was true. I mean Brady gave up a lot of money over the years, but to ask him to play on a one year deal for like 10 mil, yeah it was time for Brady to move on.
It was just time.

Manning retired as Bronco. There's no way Brady would retire as Buc over a Patriot. I assume.

I don't think there's animosity between Brady and the Pats. At least not as much as media people make it out to be.

It certainly wasn't in the postseason from 2007-2012. Choose any stretch of time pre Giselle or when JimmyG arrived. The Brady Diva drama goes way back to Giselle.

The transformation into acting like a whiny, victim child was bizarre. He acted like a scolded baby. Who would ever claim a victim status who got to be groomed/coached by the greatest defensive mind ever giving you the answers to the test, making you? It's just bizarre to think the greatest architect in NFL history somehow induced harm on his QB. What a world we live in.

Last edited:
It certainly wasn't in the postseason from 2007-2012. Choose any stretch of time pre Giselle or when JimmyG arrived. The Brady Diva drama goes way back to Giselle.

The transformation into acting like a whiny, victim child was bizarre. He acted like a scolded baby. Who would ever claim a victim status who got to be groomed/coached by the greatest defensive mind ever giving you the answers to the test, making you?

Joined less than a week ago who’s alt account are you?

The transformation into acting like a whiny, victim child was bizarre. He acted like a scolded baby. Who would ever claim a victim status who got to be groomed/coached by the greatest defensive mind ever giving you the answers to the test, making you? It's just bizarre to think the greatest architect in NFL history somehow induced harm on his QB. What a world we live in.
Whiny? The Greatest of all time isn't concerned with your whining. You're behaving like a victim.

20201227_224341.jpg

Joined less than a week ago who’s alt account are you?
It is pretty obious. My other guess would be some fan of another team who Brady ruined his life and this is his revenge. lol

I think this is called a "parachute account" or "sock puppet" by the kids these days.

Bill was either caught by surprise by Brady leaving or he thought he could replace him. Since the Pats needed to go out and get a stiff to replace Brady I'm thinking that Bill was caught with his pants down, but in a bad way, unlike his boss.

The only people not thrilled are Pats fans. Bucs fans are in Brady's 7th heaven.

The really strange world is the one where a coach gets credit over a QB.

Since Tom met Giselle NewEraMac has become a bitter butt-hurt jaded spoiled Patriots fan that can't stand the fact Tom doesn't fit into the restricted mold he decided he must fit into. Any self awareness Brady hints at is hereby declared Diva-like and he just will not stand for it.

Since Tom met Giselle NewEraMac, who had a man crush on Brady, has become a bitter butt-hurt jaded spoiled Patriots fan that can't stand the fact Tom doesn't fit into the restricted MLM mold he decided he must fit into. Any self awareness Brady hints at is hereby declared Diva-like and he just will not stand for it.
Fixed it for you.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back