PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When they bring up that the Pats taped practices,...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually tell them I have a friend who works IT for the team and make up some insane story and wait for them to realize I'm screwing with them. Then they kind of realize how stupid they are being.

The problem is you’ve wasted precious moments of your life with listening to “they”. We already know by what “they” says here that “they” is wasting the world’s oxygen supply.

I don’t engage with idiots.
This.

I don't engage or acknowledge in it anymore. When they go there I just say following a team with 5 Super Bowl titles is pretty fun. 99.9% of the time that shuts them up.

The haters can suck it. They mean nothing to me.

All I care about is this team, the players that play hard and keeping company with people who are loyal to the team and care about it's success like I do.

Everyone else go fry a watermelon.

Just FYI, they were accused of taping the walkthrough.

But Martz is on record that the Rams only practiced red zone offense plays during the walkthrough.

&... the Rams got into the red zone twice during that Super Bowl. Both times, they scored touchdowns. They were 2 for 2. So if the Patriots taped that walkthrough, they failed to stop what the Rams were doing, even though they knew exactly what was coming.

In other words, taping that walkthrough had absolutely no impact on the game.

But Martz is on record that the Rams only practiced red zone offense plays during the walkthrough.

&... the Rams got into the red zone twice during that Super Bowl. Both times, they scored touchdowns. They were 2 for 2. So if the Patriots taped that walkthrough, they failed to stop what the Rams were doing, even though they knew exactly what was coming.

In other words, taping that walkthrough had absolutely no impact on the game.
It didnt happen either

We're on to the Rams.

Why even care what people are saying. These kinds of things will iron themselves out in time, especially as the Pats continue to prove their worth by winning post-controversy and under the microscope. People in 20-25 yrs will know how false this kind of stuff is.

Only ones that will remain are Colts and Jets fans by then. And well, their fanbases are already garbage so who cares what they think in any era?

Did the taped walkthrough story start with the Herald or did they pick up it from somewhere else?

In other words, EVEN IF IT HAD ACTUALLY HAPPENED, taping that walkthrough had absolutely no impact on the game.

FIXED THAT FOR YOU.

Did the taped walkthrough story start with the Herald or did they pick up it from somewhere else?

It was all Rollo. The only surviving controversy should be how that irresponsible POS still has a job in this town

Why even care what people are saying. These kinds of things will iron themselves out in time, especially as the Pats continue to prove their worth by winning post-controversy and under the microscope. People in 20-25 yrs will know how false this kind of stuff is.

Only ones that will remain are Colts and Jets fans by then. And well, their fanbases are already garbage so who cares what they think in any era?

You HEAVILY underestimate how many of these fanbases actually believe that the Pats are cheaters, no matter how much evidence you give them. I just waded through the cesspool of Chiefs Planet (dude, they literally have people in there telling Pats fans to kill themselves, or drink Freddie Mercury's blood-- it is probably the worst board I've ever been on and that includes Orange Mane and Steel Curtain) and they are stating that the Pats cheated for a fact.

Keep in mind, the Chiefs are a franchise we don't have any "real" history with. On the Steel Curtain, we are referred to as the Cheatriots. On Orange Mane, The Cheaters. On the Rams forum (can't remember the name atm), they are lamenting how we're going to tape them "again". The cheater label is REAL dude, and we need to combat that at every turn, because it is no longer legend, it is "fact". I've made long form video essays on this topic, yet even with my reach in my fanbase, people still accept it as fact.

You can share one of my videos around if you like. I cover the Tuck Rule, Spygate, Deflategate and The Refs in this one:

I'll probably make another one on the Chiefs game... we'll see.

Last edited:
Problem is, there's nothing we can do about it. Like you said, no one is going to listen no matter how much evidence you bring. Besides, people hate the Pats so why would they have a favourable opinion of their fans? People aren't gonna listen to Pats fans.

This sort of thing will take time. I think a handful of NFL players actually think of em as cheaters. Most seem to recognise the real reason the Pats win so much. I do think in the end that mentality will win out, because its more honest and simple. Will take time, yes, but it will happen. Honestly, I think the reason most people now like to claim "cheater" is because they want the dynasty to end now. I'll give it some time after Brady/Belichick retire and the Pats become just another team again.

Problem is, there's nothing we can do about it. Like you said, no one is going to listen no matter how much evidence you bring. Besides, people hate the Pats so why would they have a favourable opinion of their fans? People aren't gonna listen to Pats fans.

This sort of thing will take time. I think a handful of NFL players actually think of em as cheaters. Most seem to recognise the real reason the Pats win so much. I do think in the end that mentality will win out, because its more honest and simple. Will take time, yes, but it will happen. Honestly, I think the reason most people now like to claim "cheater" is because they want the dynasty to end now. I'll give it some time after Brady/Belichick retire and the Pats become just another team again.

You (and a lot of the posters here) are very likely insulated due to where you live. I live in Los Angeles (and a brief stint in Vegas). In New England, it's easy to say "ignore the haters". You don't have to deal with real people with actual cheater opinions. Where I live, people get into fights and kill each other over this nonsense. I can barely walk around in a Gronk or Brady jersey without people yelling things at me, that if I respond, no matter how level-headed, devolves into an insult slinging match, or worse. I've been in literal fist fights (that I didn't initiate), simply because I'm wearing a Flying Elvis.

My YouTube channel has nothing to do with the Patriots, but even I felt compelled to make a few videos because of this. It's a real thing, is what I'm saying. Patriots fans really need to educate these people whenever they can. America takes football seriously, and there are countless stories of Patriot fans who don't live in Boston/NE that have been hurt or their property vandalized, simply due to the cheater stigma.

This is going to an epic crybaby session from Warner and Faulk. Maybe ****bagson will chime in too. With every year of sustained dominance these guys get more and more comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes