PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When they bring up that the Pats taped practices,...

Status
Not open for further replies.
they don't belong in the superbowl......case closed

I made the mistake of watching a video on NESN.com showing Cowherd pointing out the double standard of the media's coverage of the laser pointer. In that video, his side kick points out that the Patriots are guilty of cheating such as taping opponents practices. Cowherd acknowledged that that was true. SMH.

It's incredible how dumb sports journalists are. It's because they're so dumb that other fan bases are so misinformed.

The hate in Pittsburgh should be fun if the Pats win. The whole “6burgh” thing won’t have the same ring to it anymore.

First thing to say to them is if it was true the Patriots would have won by a hell of a lot more than 3 points scored on a last second FG. In the 70s, the Patriots deciphered the Jets signals as sent in from the sidelines. The Pats won that game 56-3. A team filming another team’s practice would win by a score closer to than that and not 3 points.

Then, inform them that 01 team was a lot better than thought at the time as evidenced that with just a few additions they won back to back SBs in 03 and 04 and in the process set a record for most consecutive in season wins.

They’ll bring up Spygate. Tell them that their taping was stopped prior to the first game in a season in which they went undefeated until the Super Bowl.

That brings us to Deflategate. The balls were properly inflated at halftime and Brady had an even better 2nd half than the first. That two weeks later Brady with properly inflated balls led his team back with two TDS in the 4th quarter against the legion of boom defense. Since then, they have been back to the SB 3 times and their fumble rates have not increased at all. Finally, challenge them to an hour long driveway game of 1 on 1 basketball played in the rain with temperatures in the 3os so they can see the ball doesn't bounce so good the longer you play.

I made the mistake of watching a video on NESN.com showing Cowherd pointing out the double standard of the media's coverage of the laser pointer. In that video, his side kick points out that the Patriots are guilty of cheating such as taping opponents practices. Cowherd acknowledged that that was true. SMH.

It's incredible how dumb sports journalists are. It's because they're so dumb that other fan bases are so misinformed.
The side kick is Joy Taylor, sister of Jason Taylor. I hope people straightened her , and Cowherd, out with facts.

....Finally, challenge them to an hour long driveway game of 1 on 1 basketball played in the rain with temperatures in the 3os so they can see the ball doesn't bounce so good the longer you play.

They will grumble and accuse you of some how, some way taking air of of the ball when nobody was looking, because you are a Patriots fan. Plus you did it to their car tires too! Damn you, cheater! ;)

The side kick is Joy Taylor, sister of Jason Taylor. I hope people straightened her , and Cowherd, out with facts.
I also liked the video except for that moment, any other line of work and people are held accountable for their incorrect statements, but WhoTFareYou sports analysts get to spout falsehoods to millions of people.

I just have a image favorited on my phone and show it too them (similar to below, but from the stadium):
COMPLETE-SET-5-New-England-Patriots-NFL.jpg

and comment, I don't see a single asterisk on those.

If they decide to go for round two, I say, "I hope your coaches certainly believe what you believe as they'll spend less time preparing for the Patriots team if they're that distracted."

very few make it to round 3 (with anything that might approach a sense of reason)

I really hate Tomase. I hate the sight of him and I hate WEEI for having that scumbag over the air. Pure noise pollution. He says nothing. When he is on there, I don't listen anymore. Some fans let him off the hook. That bogus report has followed the Pats to this day, our anger should be just as consistent. I am holding out hope that he won't try any shady stuff this time.

How ridiculous of a forum is it, when the mods are cursing other people out, users are quoting users telling other users to kill or hurt themselves and the mods aren't banning folks for horrific language?

It's awesome. It's called free speech.

I wonder how old the idiot is who came up with that insult? That’s oddly specific.

“You should go and drink Freddie Mercury’s blood.”

I wouldn’t even know what the hell to say to that.

Bottoms up?

Here is the tough part. (And I will say that I do not believe the Pats filmed the walkthrough)

First, it is not a lie. Not because there is merit, but because to this day Thomase believes he was/is right, and the retraction makes him want to gag. He did not lie because he believed and still believes it.

Second, quite honestly, that link is not very convincing in and of itself. Yes, Thomase article is woefully inadequate to be published. But that link you provided is easily reject-able if you believe they did it. And that is for several reasons, including the fact the original author believes he got screwed and the retraction was just to save his career.

When someone - fan, former player, sports talk radio blabbermouth, etc. - claims 'the Patriots cheated, they knew what play was coming' - calmly ask that person if they watched last week's AFCCG against the Chiefs.

After they answer yes, ask if they had the volume on.

When they again answer yes, ask what they thought about Tony Romo's in-game analysis.

At this point whomever you are speaking with has just dug their own hole for you. Ask them how Romo could possibly have known exactly what would happen on one play after another as it was occuring in real time?

You HEAVILY underestimate how many of these fanbases actually believe that the Pats are cheaters, no matter how much evidence you give them. I just waded through the cesspool of Chiefs Planet (dude, they literally have people in there telling Pats fans to kill themselves, or drink Freddie Mercury's blood-- it is probably the worst board I've ever been on and that includes Orange Mane and Steel Curtain) and they are stating that the Pats cheated for a fact.

Keep in mind, the Chiefs are a franchise we don't have any "real" history with. On the Steel Curtain, we are referred to as the Cheatriots. On Orange Mane, The Cheaters. On the Rams forum (can't remember the name atm), they are lamenting how we're going to tape them "again". The cheater label is REAL dude, and we need to combat that at every turn, because it is no longer legend, it is "fact". I've made long form video essays on this topic, yet even with my reach in my fanbase, people still accept it as fact.

You can share one of my videos around if you like. I cover the Tuck Rule, Spygate, Deflategate and The Refs in this one:

I'll probably make another one on the Chiefs game... we'll see.

This kid wins his science project on Tom Brady being a cheater:
Meet Ace Davis, the kid that questions Tom Brady's legacy in a Science Fair Project

The hate in Pittsburgh should be fun if the Pats win. The whole “6burgh” thing won’t have the same ring to it anymore.
Shhhh, you’re giving me an awkward boner.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Tomase and Mortenson are both on the same level.

They both waited far too long to apologize for being wrong about there sources and the result has been damage and tarnishment from many uneducated fans and media. So much attention to the actual stories and so little attention to that they were both fabrications.

As it stands there is a large amount of them that still believe the false psi levels and walkthrough are fact. A real shame and a travesty to journalism and media sources. All you can do is educate them and keep on supporting your team with the greatest QB and Coach of all time and know in your heart what’s right.

Yea, if the Patriots win the superbowl I just won't be able to enjoy it because some beer guzzling TV smashing yahoo, or some bubble headed click-bait ass sniffing "writer" said "cheating". The whole superbowl is ruined now, damn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back