PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When Did You . . . become a fan of the Patriots ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
beginning '80 when for the first time NFL arrived in Italy

1st Super Bowl that was seen here was Redskins-Raiders but , and probably i was the only one here, it was
'first love and passion' for that strange team...the New England Patriots...i loved the name, the logo on the helmet (Pat Patriot) and the uniforms...bam...done...no doubt... that was MY TEAM

so i started with Eason, Grogan, Tatupu, Hannah, Tippett, Morgan, Nelson, Clayborn, Camarillo, Franklin...

Early 70's, when I went to college in New Hampshire. Before that I was a Cowboys fan - loved their arial game.

Around 3 years ago, im from Brazil and the game is not very popular, but its growing every year. Im reading this forum for a while now and im learning a lot with you guys, thanks!
And i just want to say that the patriots have the biggest fan base here in brazil!
We have 26 states and the patriots fans are the majority in 13 of them.
Just love BB and Tommy.

Started for me in the '85 season when 99 percent of the country was on the Bears and their SB shuffle nonsense. The Pats were the first wild card team to shock the world and reach the big game. As a kid, I liked rooting for the underdog.

I didn't follow as closely for the next handful of years until Bledsoe came on board. I was in high school then, IIRC. It's been full steam ahead ever since.

i have been a die-hard fan since the mid 70s when i was in college up there

fell in love with the beautiful area

the days of grogan and hannah.....i remember them fondly

I started following them in 1971, after they drafted Plunkett. The last game of that year, the Pats knocked the Colts out of the playoffs, and I was hooked. :D

They sucked for the next couple of years, then got my hopes up in 1974, going 5-0 before injuries dragged them down to a 7-7 finish. One season later, they traded Plunkett for a pile of draft picks and pinned their hopes on a kid named Grogan. That 1976 season was awesome... Haynes returning kicks and INTs for TD's, the o-line demolishing everything in its path, Grogan running for almost 400 yards and 12 touchdowns. My favorite overall Pats season, despite getting jobbed by the refs in the Raider game... for exactly 25 years. Until payback time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News