PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When Did SMY Turn Into Such a Bitter Person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMY has been abject crap for ages. She's always been a pissy little whiner when BB doesn't do her job for her and spoonfeed her stuff. She was marginally acceptable when she was at the ProJo but (like so many others) became completely unreadable once she moved to the Globe.

Seriously... this is a barely credentialed individual with a twitter account trolling the populace. No biggie.

Personally, I've never really been a fan. The things that she did decently, 100 other people also do them. And most of those other hundred people don't mix in a bunch of agenda-driven political crap and weird anti-Pats hot takes, so I never saw the point in following her on Twitter.

And I agree with her politics more often than not, so I can only imagine how annoying she is if you're coming from the other side.

Last edited:
To my recollection about the same time she was posting fake news out of desperation to be noticed.

She was one of my favorites until she got insufferable on Twitter, always replying to every *******. And I agree with most of her politics, so it's not even because of her views.

SMY has been abject crap for ages. She's always been a pissy little whiner when BB doesn't do her job for her and spoonfeed her stuff. She was marginally acceptable when she was at the ProJo but (like so many others) became completely unreadable once she moved to the Globe.

I take no pleasure seeing someone once fairly reasonable come unhinged. OK so I can blame Twitter AND the Globe.

Last edited:
didnt they offer butler a new contract that he turned down?

I like malcom the player, but this whole thing is nonsense. Kid got offered a new deal early, he rejected it, cant complain now.

He bet on himself, He won that bet, but he did it with a year left on a rookie contract. Know when to hold em malcom, and know when to fold em. take a lower contract early, and you're still in a position for a monster contract.

To my recollection about the same time she was posting fake news out of desperation to be noticed.

Fake news or fake sports news? The Globe specializes in both.

It took me a while to figure out who SMY was.

Of course, she has a right to use her twitter feed for what she sees fit to talk about. Good for her and more power to her. But I have the right to not want to see her misery, so I stopped following. It was just a miserable experience reading all of her bitterness as she transformed into a Social Justice Warrior.

Never was a fan since 2009 when she was adalius' mouth piece. She's a simple mind who doesn't understand the business side of the game and makes a stink if her favorites don't get paid. And yes she picks favorites about as far from impartial as you can get.

just wondering, and this is a serious question...who was the last player the Pats got rid of that actually played better when they were gone? I cant remember the last time it has happened.

just wondering, and this is a serious question...who was the last player the Pats got rid of that actually played better when they were gone? I cant remember the last time it has happened.

Depending on your definition of "got rid of"

Akiem Hicks (signed elsewhere in UFA)
or
Darius Butler (actually cut)

In that thread, she also tweeted this: "It's easy to skip the RFA tag step and pay him like the CB he's proven to be."

That sounds great and I think most Patriots fans would be happy if a new contract for Butler was announced tomorrow. The problem is, what happens next offseason if James White and Trey Flowers ask for new contracts? White is also a SB hero and Flowers played well, shouldn't they get paid top money, too? It's a tough situation for Butler, but once you start down that road, you're going to find you can't pay everyone what they want all the time.

Then why did they do that with Ryan Allen?

In that thread, she also tweeted this: "It's easy to skip the RFA tag step and pay him like the CB he's proven to be."

That sounds great and I think most Patriots fans would be happy if a new contract for Butler was announced tomorrow. The problem is, what happens next offseason if James White and Trey Flowers ask for new contracts? White is also a SB hero and Flowers played well, shouldn't they get paid top money, too? It's a tough situation for Butler, but once you start down that road, you're going to find you can't pay everyone what they want all the time.

Every deal is its own entity, and precedent is only really precedent if you follow it. See Seymour, Richard for an excellent example.

She needs to be taken off the sidebar twitter feed.

didnt they offer butler a new contract that he turned down?

I like malcom the player, but this whole thing is nonsense. Kid got offered a new deal early, he rejected it, cant complain now.

He bet on himself, He won that bet, but he did it with a year left on a rookie contract. Know when to hold em malcom, and know when to fold em. take a lower contract early, and you're still in a position for a monster contract.

I read somewhere that the Pats looked at his salary in 16, the tender in 17 and the expected tag value in 18, added them up and offered a contract that effectively matched that 3yr cash outlay in that $6-7M annual average range. He balked. He indeed is betting on himself until he hits UFA or somehow gets what he wants during this RFA period.

Regards,
Chris

I remember she used to be reasonable and somewhat respected way back in the day. But I am completely ignorant of the "Twitterverse", so the fall from grace is news to me. Hey, it's her life. Meh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents