PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When Did SMY Turn Into Such a Bitter Person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously, Shalise, what happened to you? You used to be one of my favorite reporters. I hope everything is OK, but you have turned into one very bitter person. For whatever reason, Ian still keeps you on the twitter feed even though only ~10% of your tweets are sports related anymore. And, while I share most of your political viewpoints, just cluck-clucking about them incessantly doesn't accomplish anything. Maybe it's time to become an activist. Whatever.

In the meantime - re: the ridiculous and clueless answer to the equally ridiculous and clueless Kalli..........

Alan Branch, Nate Ebner, Devin McCourty, Donta Hightower, Rob Ninkovich, Marcus Cannon, Dion Lewis and countless others say "hi".

Kalli @Kalli_TFF
@shalisemyoung It's just a lesson to every other player that's the Pats won't give you a fair shake when you outperform your contract.

shalise manza young

✔@shalisemyoung

@Kalli_TFF Agreed.

4:27 PM - 27 Mar 2017

Sad to see SMY accelerating down this path. I've been a fan even though I don't share her political viewpoints.

The other 50% of her waking time, she spends doing this kind of tweet:
-----------------------------------------
shalise manza young

✔@shalisemyoung
Such a joke that you follow me, eh? Deuces, friend.
https://twitter.com/the_dollabills/status/846465222839816192 …
---------------------------------------------------------------------

- - really, why bother?
We have losers here who do that, but at least they do it anonymously from their parent's basement. I never thought she was on THAT level.

In that thread, she also tweeted this: "It's easy to skip the RFA tag step and pay him like the CB he's proven to be."

That sounds great and I think most Patriots fans would be happy if a new contract for Butler was announced tomorrow. The problem is, what happens next offseason if James White and Trey Flowers ask for new contracts? White is also a SB hero and Flowers played well, shouldn't they get paid top money, too? It's a tough situation for Butler, but once you start down that road, you're going to find you can't pay everyone what they want all the time.

The other 50% of her waking time, she spends doing this kind of tweet:
-----------------------------------------
shalise manza young

✔@shalisemyoung
Such a joke that you follow me, eh? Deuces, friend.
https://twitter.com/the_dollabills/status/846465222839816192 …
---------------------------------------------------------------------

- - really, why bother?
We have losers here who do that, but at least they do it anonymously from their parent's basement. I never thought she was on THAT level.

Yah, I DO agree with stuff like her pie tweet but she's sunk down many levels in responding.
I blame Twitter. I really do.
It's why I don't go there. It would bring out the worst in me.

She was the Globe's Patriots beat writer for years.

lmao @ seeing people from TFF referenced here. Is Kalli a twitter personality now? I don't keep up on things.

I unfollowed her because I got really, really tired of watching her fall for and spar with twitter trolls. It completely undermines my ability to take someone serious when they constantly get into it with twitter trolls.

The NFL Philosophy guy is cruising for an unfollowing as well for the same issue but he falls for them a lot less than SMY. She was fighting with twitter trolls 2-3x a day when I finally DM'ed her that I'm giving up on her. I got back some crappy "I will always fight for what's right" reply which proves how little she understood what was happening, specifically that she's just giving the trolls more fuel.

Yah, I DO agree with stuff like her pie tweet but she's sunk down many levels in responding.
I blame Twitter. I really do.
It's why I don't go there. It would bring out the worst in me.

This is the catch-22 of journalism in 2017. You can't be a journalist and not be on Twitter, because it's where you promote your work and a certain amount of fan interaction is considered a necessity.

The problem is that most people on Twitter are rabid mouthbreathers who tweet aggressively, angrily, and expect immediate replies from anyone with an ounce of celebrity, so you're stuck being harassed by these people or else blocking them. Like you suggest, being forced to be a professional take-haver on Twitter for your job is basically hell. That said, lots of people turn blocking into a public spectacle on Twitter which is equally dumb.

lmao @ seeing people from TFF referenced here. Is Kalli a twitter personality now? I don't keep up on things

I'm long gone from SA but Kalli was always one of my favorite posters.

I'm long gone from SA but Kalli was always one of my favorite posters.

Same. I had like 50k posts there before I stopped caring about that forum. Always got along with Kalli.

lmao @ seeing people from TFF referenced here. Is Kalli a twitter personality now? I don't keep up on things.

I unfollowed her because I got really, really tired of watching her fall for and spar with twitter trolls. It completely undermines my ability to take someone serious when they constantly get into it with twitter trolls.

The NFL Philosophy guy is cruising for an unfollowing as well for the same issue but he falls for them a lot less than SMY. She was fighting with twitter trolls 2-3x a day when I finally DM'ed her that I'm giving up on her. I got back some crappy "I will always fight for what's right" reply which proves how little she understood what was happening, specifically that she's just giving the trolls more fuel.

Exactly, it's weird.

Why is she wasting her timelooking for fights with weirdos? It's like someone going to the old Combat Zone in Boston to preach fire and brimstone religion to the pimps and prostitutes. I guess some people hear a voice they need to follow, but..........

A Patriots reporter in the old days - - before you joined this website a few months back.

Ah the resident fair weather fan weighs in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes