PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When can N'Keal Harry practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are saying he's about 240 which is about 15 pounds heavier than he used to be. I wonder if that extra weight is slowing him down. Otherwise, I don't understand why he'd lose a step either. He spent the offseason working on his speed. Perhaps, it's a nagging injury.

Well if he’s 15 pounds heavier i expect him to be slower. That’s not being in shape.

This is a major overreaction right here.

Pats are getting at least seed two. They will win the home divisional round game to get to AFCCG 9th straight time.

I think MG was basically stating that there are going to be at least 3 more roster moves between now and the play-offs. Possibly more.

I guess that I won't clear. I was speaking about yesterday's team, without Wynn or Harry, and with Dorsett out, Edelman injured and Gordon injured.
Well a lot was made at all the Giant's losses, but what happened to the Pats early on in that game was actually more difficult.

When you have a week to prepare, all injuries are easier to deal with since you have have an entire week to practice, as well as develop the best game plan for the talent at hand. When you lose 2 WR's, your FB and TE before the first half was over, you are now trying to transition your game plan on the fly.

My bet is that even if the WR group this week is just Edelman, Meyers, and Gunner, the pass offense will run more efficiently than we saw on Thursday with a week's practice as a unit.

Kind of grinds my ass that having 2 UDFA rookie WR's being 2 of your top 3 WR's will be pretty much ignored by the media simply because everyone just assumes the Pats will somehow make it work anyway. It doesn't matter that YES they will make it work. It pisses me off that HOW they manage to continue to do it, while others can't, is taken for granted. It is HARD to do. It takes a lot of skill and effort on a LOT of people's part. It should NEVER be taken for granted....especially by us.

People are saying he's about 240 which is about 15 pounds heavier than he used to be. I wonder if that extra weight is slowing him down. Otherwise, I don't understand why he'd lose a step either. He spent the offseason working on his speed. Perhaps, it's a nagging injury.
He looked pretty quick catching up to Golden after Brady's fumble.

5 catches/game x 8 is asking too much?
For a rookie in this offense starting Week 1? Yes.

For a rookie in this offense starting Week 10? Impossible.

You cannot count on Harry when he has not proven himself.

Hope is not a plan.

This is what so many here don’t comprehend. It’s not possible to field a whole team of proven commodities. The salary cap won’t allow it. The high probability of injuries doesn’t allow it.

Hope is not the plan; hard work and preparation is the plan. The work coaches and players put in every day to prepare for when that player becomes the “next man up”. No player can “prove” themselves without an opportunity to do so.

It natural for a fan base to overrate their team’s players. This fan base has gotten so rottenly spoiled that we underrate our players. Post after post and thread after thread that this player sucks or that player sucks. Marshall Newhouse is a bum. Do you know how hard it is to make the NFL? Do you know how hard it is to stay in the league 10 years. The QB “holds on to the ball too long”. Really! Do you what he was looking at? How did he win you 6 SB championships? Do you know how annoying you sound? The curse of the Internet age is that everyone’s a critic, but it’s a fallacy to think you sound smarter by being negative. Here’s a hint; you don’t.

There are no perfect players. There are no perfect teams. There are no seasons not touched by injury. There are no championships won without unproven players proving themselves along the way. If you’re a football fan who can’t enjoy the ride the Patriots are taking us on, you have no chance. Get off the ride and find another hobby where you don’t have to be frustrated by the imperfect and unproven.

Well a lot was made at all the Giant's losses, but what happened to the Pats early on in that game was actually more difficult.

When you have a week to prepare, all injuries are easier to deal with since you have have an entire week to practice, as well as develop the best game plan for the talent at hand. When you lose 2 WR's, your FB and TE before the first half was over, you are now trying to transition your game plan on the fly.

My bet is that even if the WR group this week is just Edelman, Meyers, and Gunner, the pass offense will run more efficiently than we saw on Thursday with a week's practice as a unit.

Kind of grinds my ass that having 2 UDFA rookie WR's being 2 of your top 3 WR's will be pretty much ignored by the media simply because everyone just assumes the Pats will somehow make it work anyway. It doesn't matter that YES they will make it work. It pisses me off that HOW they manage to continue to do it, while others can't, is taken for granted. It is HARD to do. It takes a lot of skill and effort on a LOT of people's part. It should NEVER be taken for granted....especially by us.
Yeah some people think the pats have faced little to no adversity this season

That's not how it works.. That's not how any of it works..

What you mean that’s not how it works? The guy has been around 225. If he’s around 240 he’s not coming to be running at full speed. Like someone mentioned it’s probably muscle mass. I doubt he’s 240 though.

Will bb even bring Harry off ir?

Am I the only one who kind of keeps forgetting about Harry? Damn lol. I feel like an idiot.

What you mean that’s not how it works? The guy has been around 225. If he’s around 240 he’s not coming to be running at full speed. Like someone mentioned it’s probably muscle mass. I doubt he’s 240 though.

Clearly you have never been in a scripted workout regimen. Just because Gordon added 15 lbs doesn't mean he automatically lost game speed. It doesn't mean he lost any speed at all. It all depends on how their body is built.

I'm going to suggest you do a search on here regarding muscle mass and muscle building. There have been more than a few of them over the years. Because your post comes across that you really aren't that informed on the subject..

EDIT: Also, we just had this discussion about Olszewski. You can't rely on team sites, NFL.com, NBC Sports.com, ESPN.Com, etc to give you accurate height/weight information. Many times the heights / weights are complete fiction unless the team actually used the Combine/Pro-Day weight. And, even then, a multi-year vet is not going to weight the same, in all likelihood, as that vet weighed as a rookie because of the training and nutrition programs that these players get put on.. What you can sort of rely on is updated articles talking about a player's weight. For instance. It was noted that Danny Shelton lost 25 lbs from last season at BB's request. It's well known that Vince Wilfork might have been 325 when he was drafted, but his weight was all over the place, going as high as 350 until there were family issues with Diabetes. Edelman and Brady have put on weight, but it's toned muscle mass with Brady, in particular, focusing on plyometrics (sp?) to keep himself limber, help him take hits, and fall so he doesn't get hurt as much.

Last edited:
You cannot count on Harry when he has not proven himself.

Every Patriots season there is a RB or WR waiting in the wings to save the day and every season the guy busts.

Hope is not a plan.

You're wrong. It isn't limited to WR or RB :). You can include LB, DL, there really is no limit to what positional IR player that can receive 'savior if they come back'.

This is what so many here don’t comprehend. It’s not possible to field a whole team of proven commodities. The salary cap won’t allow it. The high probability of injuries doesn’t allow it.

Hope is not the plan; hard work and preparation is the plan. The work coaches and players put in every day to prepare for when that player becomes the “next man up”. No player can “prove” themselves without an opportunity to do so.

It natural for a fan base to overrate their team’s players. This fan base has gotten so rottenly spoiled that we underrate our players. Post after post and thread after thread that this player sucks or that player sucks. Marshall Newhouse is a bum. Do you know how hard it is to make the NFL? Do you know how hard it is to stay in the league 10 years. The QB “holds on to the ball too long”. Really! Do you what he was looking at? How did he win you 6 SB championships? Do you know how annoying you sound? The curse of the Internet age is that everyone’s a critic, but it’s a fallacy to think you sound smarter by being negative. Here’s a hint; you don’t.

There are no perfect players. There are no perfect teams. There are no seasons not touched by injury. There are no championships won without unproven players proving themselves along the way. If you’re a football fan who can’t enjoy the ride the Patriots are taking us on, you have no chance. Get off the ride and find another hobby where you don’t have to be frustrated by the imperfect and unproven.

I wish we could frame this post. It's gold, Jerry--gold!

You don’t think Wynn will be able to hold it down when he returns?

That’s what Gordon looks like now.

Hi short stint this year looked promising. So I'm willing to put our hope into his return if you are :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes