PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's up with the PAT's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that the play counts toward the outcome of the game now in a meaningful way. And, it's not like it favors anybody.

This is a case where the NFL changed a rule that fixed an unexciting, dysfunctional part of the game, IMO.

Not that I don't throw my hands up in disgust and disappointment every time Ghost misses one...

Let's get one thing straight: BB does not regret the rule change. The new rule change means more football is actually being played and BB is always for more football being played.

Let's get one thing straight: BB does not regret the rule change. The new rule change means more football is actually being played and BB is always for more football being played.

BB won't say this but I believe that he believes that this change will cause some of the not-so-deep thinking emotionally ruled HCs to make a stupid game decision

BB won't say this but I believe that he believes that this change will cause some of the not-so-deep thinking emotionally ruled HCs to make a stupid game decision

Oh yes I can't wait for Jim Harbaugh to go for two against us in the 4th quarter or Mike Tomlin to go for two in the first quarter.

This is what people were clamoring for, I guess.

Personally, I think it's really stupid anytime a game is decided by a shanked extra point. If it was up to me, I'd have gone in the opposite direction and given teams the option of taking an automatic 1 XP after a touchdown or going for 2. But if other people like it this way then that's cool.

As far as yesterday specifically is concerned, there were a lot of games played in rain and/or wind. Here in Los Angeles it was about as rainy and windy as I can recall it getting at any point in the past year. We saw how the rain affected the game up in San Fran, and the Steelers/Browns and Packers/Redskins games had their issues too. There's at least one other that I'm forgetting, and maybe others as well that I'm not aware of. This is the time of year that we start seeing a lot more games played in rough conditions, so I expect we'll see more of this.

The Kickers are in league with Vegas making extra $. 13.5 pats spread and Ghost misses XP thanks Ghost.

Should 1 foot putts be gimmes on the PGA tour? They're usually automatic, but every once in a while, you see the pros miss one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick