PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

what you do you guys think about S jabrill peppers at #32 pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
he'll be long gone by then

Peppers is a great athlete and has a great attitude. He's not what you'd call a stud at any one position. He started out playing DB and was injured. Enter Harbaugh and Brown and a serious need for LB's that could cover and blitz because Mich had none. It probably wasn't the best move for Peppers career to play LB but it helped the team.
Peppers will help a team like the Patriots that already have talent at every position. He is versatile and can help in many situations. Going to a team like the Browns that have no talent and Peppers will be basically unheard of week to week.
Is he worth a first round draft pick? Maybe not if a few key players decide to move on.

I couldn't agree more with this statement if I typed it. If we have Hightower and co back. I'm confident to take the gamble on him. I think it would pay off hugely for us

Savage. He will do fine covering the deep part of the field in the NFL. Don't believe anyone who says he can't. There's little film of him doing it, and when he was doing it, he wasn't being targeted. I'd be so happy if he got him and he was just an absolute stud so I can rub it in to the haters faces. Kids a stud. No way he falls to us though. I'd be stunned

Obi Melifonwu is blowing away people at the combine--2nd farthest broad jump since 2003, 44 inch vertical, swings his hips fast, runs a 4.4 40, etc.

But--unfortunately--as athletic as he is, as mouth watering as his 6'4" and 225 smooth and powerful torso and long arms make you want to grab him--he possesses horrible instincts. It gives me no pleasure to say this as a UConn fan, but this kid has el busto written all over him. Someone will take him high as a combine warrior, but his film tells another story.

Stay very far away from him.

Just an interesting note, since BB took over we have taken
6 DL
2 LB (MLB)
2 OL
1 CB
1 S
2 TE
1RB
2 No Picks

He is an absolute stud. He will not fall to us. If he does, we should be ecstatic.

To me the question is is he a first round safety? I don't think so. Versatility is great as a secondary attribute but to spend a 1st round pick on someone they have to have that base position they excel at. I think Peppers is a 2nd/3rd round safety so his versatility isn't enough to push him up. In the mid/later rounds I think that versatility is much more valuable because the expectations are very different.

I also think Peppers versatility in the NFL is a little overrated. He is a quality DB who can return kicks, but there are a lot of those guys in the Draft. He isn't going to play linebacker in the NFL because he is simply too small and he isn't going to play offense like he did a at Michigan. There is no doubt he was one of the most talented, explosive and fun players to watch in college football last season but I think Harbaugh moving him around so much really did him a disservice. Not allowing him to specialize at a single position I think impacted his development and made the leap to the NFL much more difficult.

Peppers will be long, long gone by #32.

??

You have faith in Richards?

You mean Tank Ass? Absolutely not. But I don't think Peppers is going to be the next great thing at safety either.

No thanks, even if he were available at 32.
Our 1st-round pick(s) should be used on Pass-Rushers, CB & OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes