PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

what you do you guys think about S jabrill peppers at #32 pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolverinejoe80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
yes, i'm a homer, but i want him at #32 if he's available. i was worried about his hip, but worries no more after watching his fluid hip at the combine drills.

we could really use his versatility. and i just think he will be a perfect patriot - driven, a football player, and versatile. i think he's more versatile version of earl thomas.

what do you guys think of him? would you take him at #32? or maybe trade up to get him?

No thanks. Versatility is being able to do multiple roles well. Im not sure he can do any roles well at the NFL level.

As a Wolverines fan, would love to see Peppers here. But I feel like Harbaugh overextended him last year. He probably would have been better off just focusing on one position instead of trying to do a bit of everything.

Tremendous potential though.

Personally I'd be pumped. But I see his draft stock has slipped some since the college football season. I don't think he goes in the first round anymore.

Don't like him

I think he'll be a very good NFL safety, but that's not so high on our needs list

I'd take him in the 2nd but not the 1st. He might be an upgrade to Harmon. I say might because he seems like a better athlete but I'm not sure if he can catch on with our D.

Bottom line is the tape shows that peppers could not cover a fire hydrant. Not sure how he could possibly fit into our defense,

Depends on what round. Not sure I like him in even in 2nd round.

Typically, after the 1st round, BB is drafting guys no one has ever heard of so I'm not expecting us to draft Peppers.

Offers value as a returner day one and could be a future Chung replacement. BB has certainly shown interest in hybrid types so I wouldn't rule it out.

Agree. I think Loyko pretty much nails it:

That being said, he feels like the quintessential Patriots second round pick to me.

Peppers absolutely can cover. At the risk of sounding offensive, I honestly think most of you are just listening to the media criticisms of his games, or have only watched some of his highlights and lowlights from this year. As I went over in the last thread about Peppers: go watch his 2015 games instead of the 2016 tape, when he was asked to bulk up and play linebacker. In 2015, there are a ton of quality coverage snaps. He's one of the best pure athletes in the draft when it comes to fluid movement. He smothers TEs and RBs, and holds his own against receivers. He's just natural and coordinated. Love his upside.

Listen to his interviews at the Combine. He knows offense and defense, understands the game really well, loves football, and is willing to do anything to help a team win. I love this kid, and I can almost guarantee that he will not be available at 32. My prediction? We'll look back at this thread, and laugh at the negativity. If he goes to the right scheme, with a creative defensive coach, he's going to be the defensive player of the year at least once in his NFL career.

It would depend upon who else was on the board but he would be high on my list at that point. He's incredibly talented but needs to be focused upon one position. He could turn into a first rate safety imo.

Peppers at 32 I'd take all day long. Guy is a freak, I have raved about him for thand past few months. Think he can give our defence a different look all together. You could play him linebacker and I think he'd be alright there yes the size isn't there but that doesn't worry me. Ray Lewis who killed a guy wasn't that big but he didn't turn out to bad. He's worth it, the guy can cover, he can hit, he can run, he's as disruptive as you can be for his size. I can honestly see him as a DB and wouldn't surprise me if BB took him at 32 I'd be more surprised if we didn't take him at 32 due to his flexibility within the game being able to return kicks. I think I'm one of the few on here who has wanted him since I saw some footage of him. The guy could be very special, wouldn't surprise me if he wins MVP for defensive player and the fact we have Josh McDaniels I could also see him playing offensive in some plays.

Let's go get him and see what we can do. The guy is everything we like in NE. I'm sold on him.

Him and hooker are easily my two favourite prospects in this draft

364.jpg

I see him being drafted high because of all the hype around him leading into the draft.
Then when the team that drafted him realizes he's not the greatest safety since Ronnie Lott and can't hold his own as a LB, we can pick him up later.

I may be wrong, but he seems to have that Barkevious Mingo type of potential that only a specific scheme driven coach can tap into.

I see him being drafted high because of all the hype around him leading into the draft.
Then when the team that drafted him realizes he's not the greatest safety since Ronnie Lott and can't hold his own as a LB, we can pick him up later.

I may be wrong, but he seems to have that Barkevious Mingo type of potential that only a specific scheme driven coach can tap into.

I don't think he will go top 20 anymore just because the teams who have those picks have bigger needs Then a possibly hybrid/bust.. it's going to be teams like New England who can afford to take a risk on this kind of player. I understand the Mingo comparison as it makes sense but I think a key thing is peppers can also be an offensive weapon for us. So if he's struggling to adapt to the D and understanding it we can use rotate him out. But I really do feel he's a game changer on D. Him, Hightower, flowers and Butler. That could be deadly for us. We give Brady a good D and we will dominate. Like we did this year! For crying out loud we held Atlanta to 14 points.. the other points were errors from our side. We improve D and let Brady do what he does best.

Back to peppers, if he's there at 32 I will bite his hand off and take him. He's to versatile not to gamble on. BUT if we don't trade jimmy then this pick is a higher risk.

It's all about risk reward but I'd just love to see what BB and Patrica could do with him and Daniels as well!

Peppers is a great athlete and has a great attitude. He's not what you'd call a stud at any one position. He started out playing DB and was injured. Enter Harbaugh and Brown and a serious need for LB's that could cover and blitz because Mich had none. It probably wasn't the best move for Peppers career to play LB but it helped the team.
Peppers will help a team like the Patriots that already have talent at every position. He is versatile and can help in many situations. Going to a team like the Browns that have no talent and Peppers will be basically unheard of week to week.
Is he worth a first round draft pick? Maybe not if a few key players decide to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back