PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What wrinkles will we see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongside

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
As in any game each team will show something that the other team has not seen yet. What are we going to see from both teams that we didn't in game one?

I'm thinking for the pats, we see Mcourty returning kicks. If you've been in the stadium early the past few games, he lines up as one of the returners and takes some reps. I've also seen it tweeted from Craig Price that he has also lined up there in practice. From looking at his pick returns I think he could produce.

As, for the broncos, I think we see a package that includes Brady Quinn. Not sure how its incorporated, but I could see him lining up in the backfield and either tebow motions or just takes a direct snap.

Well I sure hope something is done to improve their pathetic kick returns.

with all the injury at DB i dont want Mcourty returning kicks

I would expect to see these wrinkles roaming the Patriots sidelines Saturday Night :cool:

bb-close-side.jpg

Could Ochocinco be kicking extra points?

Nah....

Three TE set with Solder in as the third TE!!! Now that Vollmer, Solder and Light are all playing once more, together.

Yeah baby!

I think we might see the Broncos take some uncharacteristic chances on fourth down and short and with the kicking game -- fakes, onside, etc. -- especially if we go up two scores.

I think we might see the Broncos take some uncharacteristic chances on fourth down and short and with the kicking game -- fakes, onside, etc. -- especially if we go up two scores.

Good more fumbles...

Direct snap to Edelman.

When they tried it last season he got called for a false start (it was on a 2 point conversion I believe).

For Denver? Brady Quinn & Tebow next to each other out of shotgun with something happening there, not sure what exactly though.

Inverting the db's like they did against Indy one year. they had Rodney at the line to jam and rough up the wr and Law played off and it allowed Law to quickly close the hole in the zone. He got a pick off Manning from this alignment. This also keeps a good tackler like Chung close to the LOS for potential runs.

All the starters actually getting a start.

I just want to see Solder at blocking TE. More protection for Brady. Something we couldn't have effectively done in our last three playoff games.

Given his own recent shoulder problems, we don't want to invite people to hit McCourty.
Not to mention that the return problems have more to do with blocking than the returner.

As in any game each team will show something that the other team has not seen yet. What are we going to see from both teams that we didn't in game one?

I'm thinking for the pats, we see Mcourty returning kicks. If you've been in the stadium early the past few games, he lines up as one of the returners and takes some reps. I've also seen it tweeted from Craig Price that he has also lined up there in practice. From looking at his pick returns I think he could produce.

As, for the broncos, I think we see a package that includes Brady Quinn. Not sure how its incorporated, but I could see him lining up in the backfield and either tebow motions or just takes a direct snap.

I'm not one to buy into the conspiracy-like theories that BB is sommuch smarter than everyone else, that he toys around all season in order to spring surprises on opponents. But, this season, mostly out of necessity I think, BB has used more varied schemes on defense, different alignments, run fits, coverages, propensity to blitz than in any other season. We have also seen, again at least partly due to necessity more personell groupings and changes than ever.
It does lead to the possibility that a side effect of that is that BB has seen more players in more different techniques, schemes and disciplines than he normally does, which may result in some playoff game plans that have wrinkles that differ from his normal approach.
Probably nothing, but an interesting thought.

Not only have Solder play the 3rd tight spot, but let him slip out after a block and catch a pass, Mike Vrabel-style, in the endzone for a TD. The D never pays any attention to the 3rd TE, and with no catches on tape for Solder, I bet there would be nobody near him.

As long as Patrick Chung doesn't botch a direct snap on a fake punt, I am good.

i think there will be tremendous confusion for Tebow ... vintage Belichick as he shows him the same looks that do different things ... will may see Tebow face from those.

Also ... not a huge amount but I think we see more screens to the RB's as Belichick wears down their linbackers. He will lure them in and wear them down.

more screens to the RB's.

That's actually a great call to make if they are blitzing a lot, and something we used to be the best at doing. I wouldn't trust Ridley just yet, but Woodhead can set up his blockers. I am assuming Faulk will be inactive.

I guess I'm less interested in seeing wrinkles than I am in seeing confidence, aggressiveness and execution, especially on defense, for a full 60 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes